Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By SpaceBallz
lmfao, I completely forgot this existed. Did you guys see the trailer for "Ghosthunters" by the Asylum?

EddieSpenser, Scum liked this
By gold333
Looks awesome
By SpaceBallz
THE TRAILER HAS FINALLY ARRIVED:

EddieSpenser liked this
By Alphagaia
Looks ok! I hope it's not too much action but also scary, but I'll definitely give it a watch before I make up my mind.
By Kingpin
Maybe it's just not a good representation of the final product, but it left me feeling that some of the elements at its core are too similar to The Darkest Hour, and/or Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.
By Kingpin
pferreira1983 wrote:Best Ghostbusters film of the year?
Only if you like your Ghostbusters without any comedy, with an OTT-level of "gritty", and getting wiped out left, right and centre before working out how to beat the "ghosts."

This is Ghostbusters, as imagined by Michael Bay. :)
By Skyknight
Kingpin wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:Best Ghostbusters film of the year?
Only if you like your Ghostbusters without any comedy, with an OTT-level of "gritty", and getting wiped out left, right and centre before working out how to beat the "ghosts."

No it isn't! Michael Bay would let the ghosts explode as soon as they're shot! ;)
pferreira1983 liked this
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:

As the saying goes "you're preaching to the choir". But then isn't most TV and films like that today and it does well because of the stuff you mentioned?
Skyknight wrote: No it isn't! Michael Bay would let the ghosts explode as soon as they're shot! ;)
Ha, ha! Very true! :lol:
By Alphagaia
So, it's out in America, right? How is it?

I read some disappointed reviews about it being a cheap Aliens knockoff with too much downtime and just copying other movies with cheaper effects, but I hope there is still fun to be had?
By Kingpin
I was wondering if the Spectral's failure to get a cinematic cinematic distributor might've meant it was an underwhelming offering.
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
DrRchrz60 wrote:I just saw this yesterday, it was actually pretty good.
Tell me more!
By SSJmole
Alphagaia wrote: Tell me more, tell me more
Did you get very far?
Tell me more, tell me more
Like does he have a car?
Uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh

How i read that post lol
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
By DrRchrz60
Well it actually has some A-List stars, and basically it's the US military engaged in a war, but when they go looking for their missing seal team or spec ops team, they encounter these spectral entities. The story is good, the special effects are good. Worth watching, and it's on netflix
Alphagaia liked this
By Alphagaia
I just noticed it's on Netflix here as well. Gonna cue it up for a midday watch before we go to Star Wars. Just a little heads up, the synopsis spoils
This Post Contains Spoilers
I hope that's not true, but eh does not matter in the end!
By DrRchrz60
I'm jealous you get to see Star Wars already. It doesn't come out here for a few more days.
By Alphagaia
I live 10 minutes from a Cinemec that always shows the newest stuff in 4k laserprojected 3D with Dolby Atmos.
I'm happy as a clam! :D
By Kingpin
Alphagaia wrote:I just noticed it's on Netflix here as well. Gonna cue it up for a midday watch before we go to Star Wars. Just a little heads up, the synopsis spoils
This Post Contains Spoilers
I hope that's not true, but eh does not matter in the end!
If that's true -called it.
By Sav C
DrRchrz60 wrote:
Sav C wrote:Is episode VIII out already? Wow, that was fast!
Episode VIII? Did you forget about Rogue One?
Oh yeah, I did.
By PssdffJay
I found it boring. I fell asleep half way through and had to go back and then fell asleep again in the last 10-15 minutes and woke up right before the credits rolled. I'm not even going to bother finishing it. I'm glad it's a Netflix movie, I wouldn't have paid to see it in a theatre. It's too bad, it could have been something good.
By devilmanozzy
It falls in line with a "Black hawk down" meets "Aliens" type of thing, though to be clear, the "Ghosts" are all human like in looks. No creatures/blobs/Animalish things.

It spends its time going from one element of the story to the next, dragging in too many places. It needed much like Ghostbusters (2016 Movie) somemore editing to trim and make it pace better.

As for is clear thrown on netflix release, it had no hope of being released in China thanks to China's anti-ghosts stand, and with it having almost zero promotion it simply didn't have a chance in most places in the world as even a month old release, Ghostbusters 2016 would still murder any hope it had at being given a chance. The film's plot feels a bit old in places like it should have been released two to three years ago. If they could have waited a year to release it, it might have done slightly better, but the boat for this one was sinking years ago.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]