Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Note: This was written with the GBI 'realism' in mind and was originally posted on the Ghostbusters International® website.

Image If you grew up in the 1980s, repeatedly watched Ghostbusters, (later on The Real Ghostbusters too) and acted like you were really a Ghostbuster, then becoming a Ghostbuster when you grew up was a career choice you considered. It was so important to you, you moved becoming a Ghostbuster before being a sports star, fire fighter/police officer or astronaut. Problem was until you were in high school, maybe even college, you didn't really know how to make Ghostbusting a career. I wish we had a web site then! With any career, especially one that involves opening a business, it takes time, training, virtues, and huge somes of money. Its understandable as most people grow older, they need to make decisions that best fit their lives. Most people don't become Ghostbusters. Just because Ghostbusting isn't your day job, doesn't mean it can't be one of your hobbies.

Thanks to Ghostbusters fan Peter Venkmen for scanning his copy of Ghostbusters™ A Frightfully Cheerful Roleplaying Game.
That they are. I was telling PV/80s guy I was searching for Ghostbusters™ A Frightfully Cheerful Roleplaying Game again the same weekend he contacted me. I had the same idea, if I could get a copy in good shape, I'd scan them and put them on the GBI site. PV saved me a couple of steps.

Enjoy the books/games everyone. :cool:
By Spengs
From part of yesterdays update.

If Ghostbusters is a hobby to you or you just want an adventure that will actually keep you in a safe, yet non paying environment, pour yourself a bowl of Ghost Toasties. It's the first official supplemental Ghostbusters RPG book from West End Games.

Other GB RPG books were being worked on for the site. Until we found out that AJ Quick, web master of Ghostbusters Fans has most of the other GB RPG books up. Someday we all may see Scared Stiffs on-line as well.

Thanks to ghosthead Harry Bardwell for providing the original scans.
i was so excited when i saw this over at ghostbusters international. thanks to those who took the time to scan it and put it out there .

i didn't even know it existed. now i have something to do over my summer break.
You're welcome. If the material is out there and it can be shared I encourage it. Which is basically what this site is about too. :crunch:

Part of today's update:

At last Ghostbusters International® presents Hot Rods Of The Gods originally from West End Games. We also updated the original Frightfully Cheerful Roleplaying Game page with links to other adventure books that can be found at Ghostbusters Fans.

If their are future updates about the hobby of ghostbusting, they may include an updated rule book and someday Scared Stiffs.
We used to play this game back in the late 80's on BBSs, in turn-based "text postings," sorta like this forum. It took forever to play - well, we had 300 baud modems back then, but you had to wait for each player to respond after the Ghostmaster laid out the scene, which sometimes took days.

Anyone know of any websites or forums that are playing this game in that format?
I've still got them on my laptop and PC.

LMK if you need them again.

The training manual is online here: http://www.gbfans.com/games/books/rpg-training-manual/
& the Operations manual here: http://www.gbfans.com/games/books/rpg-o ... ns-manual/
80sguy wrote:Oh, thats where they are lol. The place is looking great, but you need to reorganize the links a bit.
That is a priority right now.

I've been working on the Games section.

PS: Anyone can help work on the site.. all the pages are editable.. so if you see something that needs work.. feel free to chip in!
Is anyone familiar with the Wizards of the Coast version of "The Call of Cthulhu"? I've been thinking of whipping up a set of rules for some Ghostbusting equipment as I think the game would lend itself to a more "real world" (not the tv show) version of Ghostbusters.

This has been something I've wanted to do with my gaming group for a while, but never got around to it. So, if anyone is interested in the equipment stats, or even helping out please let me know!

I'd even be really interested in coming up with a Ghostbusters specific D20 system that uses the Open Gaming License and doesn't require any buying of books for players/GMs. Hope someone else is interested!

-Tyler
AJ Quick wrote:Which version if the GB:RPG version?

(so confused!)
Sorry, AJ. What I was trying to say is this Ghostbusters role playing game - does it use it's own system? Or does it use a pre-existing, common system like GURPS (Generic Universal Role Playing System) or the D20 (D&D, Spycraft, Call of Cthulhu, etc.) system.

I am writing, for my gaming group, D20 rules for some of the Ghostbusting equipment. But I guess that's what's going on here too, so I'll keep up to date with what's going on here but I'll write my own rules for the Proton Packs, traps/containment unit, etc. and if anyone here wants them as a base for their own alterations or use directly they'll be welcome to them.

-Tyler
West End Games uses a D6 system, but I would love to see a more "in-depth" fan created D20 game. I thought about making one myself for the game I'm currently running, but I found the D6 system gave the players a better sense of "freedom" to do whatever they wanted without having to meta-game or think about how many squares or hexes were involved.
Fritz wrote:Were you aware of this?

http://members.toast.net/talien/michael ... -call.html
No! That sounds awesome, though. Totally going to read that as soon as I get the time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]