Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Hey everyone. I have a few questions I was hoping the community could please assist me with.

I don’t know how, but somehow I missed getting my hands on the amazing looking Ecto 1A diecast car from Hotwheels Elite(1:18 or 1:43) when it was released. I guess now what Hasbro has the GB license we will never see a restock. Right?

This thing looks so beautiful, I’m thinking about getting one even with the astronomical mark up on places like eBay or Amazon Marketplace.

Couple questions for those who have one. Is it worth it? I haven’t seen anything indicating that either car has lights/sounds. That can’t be right can it? Tell me that amazing LED sign on the 1A lights up...please. I hope so.

I have some Matty collector props that’s have only been out of the box once, a proton gun, googles and PKE meter. Is there a Ghostbusters trade market around where someone might be willing to trade my matty collector neutrino wand for an 1:18 Ecto 1A straight up? I doubt it but if anyone can point me in a direction, It’d be much appreciated.

One other question. For those who are die hard GB collectors and know their stuff(I’m clearly a rookie) is the Hotwheels elite Ecto 1A the best recreation diecast there is? If not, which is the best?

Thanks. Any help is very much appreciated!
RichardLess wrote: March 24th, 2020, 5:18 pmI haven’t seen anything indicating that either car has lights/sounds. That can’t be right can it? Tell me that amazing LED sign on the 1A lights up...please. I hope so.
The car's completely static, no lights or sounds... Even with the original high markup.
RichardLess wrote: March 24th, 2020, 5:18 pmOne other question. For those who are die hard GB collectors and know their stuff(I’m clearly a rookie) is the Hotwheels elite Ecto 1A the best recreation diecast there is? If not, which is the best?
It's one of the best, if not the best. That being said though, there are some flies in the ointment:

•The hood is the exact same piece as on the Ecto-1, featuring incorrect louvre plate detailing, and the Ghostbusters II logo is missing.
•The yellow rotator beacon mounted to the front fender is missing.
•The yellow dome with black stripes has been executed with the white dome with red stripes from the Ecto-1.
•The text on the LED signboards is just a solid font, rather than something suggestive of the light clusters seen in the film.
•The tailfin lights are missing the inside set of rocket cone covers.
•The spotlights are left transparent instead of green.

mrmichaelt, Hasford1978 liked this
Kingpin wrote: March 24th, 2020, 7:49 pm
RichardLess wrote: March 24th, 2020, 5:18 pmI haven’t seen anything indicating that either car has lights/sounds. That can’t be right can it? Tell me that amazing LED sign on the 1A lights up...please. I hope so.
The car's completely static, no lights or sounds... Even with the original high markup.
RichardLess wrote: March 24th, 2020, 5:18 pmOne other question. For those who are die hard GB collectors and know their stuff(I’m clearly a rookie) is the Hotwheels elite Ecto 1A the best recreation diecast there is? If not, which is the best?
It's one of the best, if not the best. That being said though, there are some flies in the ointment:

•The hood is the exact same piece as on the Ecto-1, featuring incorrect louvre plate detailing, and the Ghostbusters II logo is missing.
•The yellow rotator beacon mounted to the front fender is missing.
•The yellow dome with black stripes has been executed with the white dome with red stripes from the Ecto-1.
•The text on the LED signboards is just a solid font, rather than something suggestive of the light clusters seen in the film.
•The tailfin lights are missing the inside set of rocket cone covers.
•The spotlights are left transparent instead of green.

Thanks for all the info. I doubt I would’ve noticed a fraction of those differences had you not pointed them out. It’s amazing how eagle eyed certain fans are for details like that.

That’s fascinating about the no lights and sounds. You’d figure for the price it would have that. I mean heck it’s not like Ecto 1 Toys haven’t had working lights and sounds. Just imagine that baby all lit up in all its glory...that’s a huge surprise they didn’t include that. Someone has got to make a diecast Ecto 1A with all the detail & beauty of the Hotwheels Elite but with working lights and sounds. How awesome would that be?

Given my complete lack of knowledge/insight about the collectible community, my example of the Matty Collector Proton Wand for the 1:18 Ecto 1A, would that be considered an equitable trade do you think? Or is 1 way more sought after than the other?

Thanks again.
BRD 527 wrote: March 26th, 2020, 7:10 am Looks like the Code3 lightbars are incorrectly colored aswell and the tires are the wrong brand :sigh:
Good eye, I completely forgot that.

Rewatching Ghostbusters II, the forward lightbar should be:

And the rear:

⏹⏹

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]