Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A PREDICTION THREAD.

One of the things related to GB that was proposed/announced while ATC was coming out was a new cartoon, prequel show/movie, classic and modern crossover like Sonic Generations or something (I dunno), and an animated movie. The last of the proposed things was interesting because it's meant to be from the point of view from a ghost rather than the busters. This would be a HUGE game-changer for the franchise instead of just having one team be an entirely different sex than the OG (no disrespect to da ladies in beige and orange, they cool).

So let's at least talk about the supposed animated movie. Like, what are we going to see in the movie? What will the story be? Who's the ghost lead? What side characters are gonna show up? Could the plot be entirely original, loosely similar to one or two other things, or a complete ripoff to another thing unlike the Afterlife assumptions?

My take? The lead could actually be an unexpected (kinda) choice being someone like Mooglie, with side chars being other ghosts from the franchise's past with new ones too. The story could be one of those dumb fish-outta-water things or something painting the GB's as the bad guys, or something completely out of the unexpected areas, I dunno again.

Voices could most likely be within well-known territory (regardless of generation) like with Bill Murray (OG) Arsenio Hall (RGB), Tara Strong (XGB), Kate McKinnon (ATC), Paul Rudd and Finn Wolfhard (Afterlife). The directing duty is already confirmed to be from the Clash of Clans ad guy Fletcher Moules. Although it was assumed that the Spiderverse team could be onboard with the animation. Writers could be from someone as talented as someone like Andrew Stanton (Toy Story 4) or a lackluster one from someone like Jason Oremland (Playmobil Movie).

What do you think? Let me know!
philmorgan81 liked this
Ghostytheghost wrote: December 27th, 2019, 4:14 pmIMPORTANT: THIS IS A PREDICTION THREAD.

One of the things related to GB that was proposed/announced while ATC was coming out was a new cartoon, prequel show/movie, classic and modern crossover like Sonic Generations or something (I dunno), and an animated movie. The last of the proposed things was interesting because it's meant to be from the point of view from a ghost rather than the busters. This would be a HUGE game-changer for the franchise instead of just having one team be an entirely different sex than the OG (no disrespect to da ladies in beige and orange, they cool).

So let's at least talk about the supposed animated movie. Like, what are we going to see in the movie? What will the story be? Who's the ghost lead? What side characters are gonna show up? Could the plot be entirely original, loosely similar to one or two other things, or a complete ripoff to another thing unlike the Afterlife assumptions?

My take? The lead could actually be an unexpected (kinda) choice being someone like Mooglie, with side chars being other ghosts from the franchise's past with new ones too. The story could be one of those dumb fish-outta-water things or something painting the GB's as the bad guys, or something completely out of the unexpected areas, I dunno again.

Voices could most likely be within well-known territory (regardless of generation) like with Bill Murray (OG) Arsenio Hall (RGB), Tara Strong (XGB), Kate McKinnon (ATC), Paul Rudd and Finn Wolfhard (Afterlife). The directing duty is already confirmed to be from the Clash of Clans ad guy Fletcher Moules. Although it was assumed that the Spiderverse team could be onboard with the animation. Writers could be from someone as talented as someone like Andrew Stanton (Toy Story 4) or a lackluster one from someone like Jason Oremland (Playmobil Movie).

What do you think? Let me know!

Great questions! I think this project could be a very interesting one. I am thinkiing of a similar thing that you are thinking of. An original story about your average class 5 full toso vapor. I would like it to be an original character. A ghost that just wants to coexist and has to not only deal with the possibility of getting captured by the Ghostbusters who through it's point of view are bad guys and dealing with being recruited by class 7 Specters that want to use lower level ghosts as slaves for a ghost army. You could have the Ghost interact with familiar creatures like Terror Dogs and Slimer. Then you can ultimately have the Ghost somehow directly or indirectly help the Ghostbusters save the world by the end of the movie. The ghost could go through a little adventure or comedy of errors where he is in the wrong place at the wrong time, he gets captured by the Ghostbusters he gets put in the containment unit and meets up with other ghosts who pull a jailbreak scenario. They don't blow up the whole unit, that would be too high profile, but they figure out some way to escape and then the Ghost and it's colorful friends he's made get involved in ground zero of a new Apocolypse.

I would also like it to exist in a world similar to that of the IDW comics. IE the world of the original movies and the Ghostbusters we know and love are there and represented the way they are in the classic films. There is even a good chance of getting Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, or Annie Potts on board to voice there characters. Could be fun. :):):)
Ghostytheghost liked this
I would love

1) an animated movie that adapts that massive cross-over comic seeing the orginals , ATC , extreme and another team together like into the spider-verse. And just like that movie I left some teams out of my list like real as I would want something for the sequel and a teaser at the end.

2 ghostbusters / ninja turtles movie. The batman ninja turtles movie show why this is awesome because that was a great movie and a full animated movie of the same could help both brands grow.
philmorgan81 liked this
SSJmole wrote: December 29th, 2019, 10:07 am I would love

1) an animated movie that adapts that massive cross-over comic seeing the orginals , ATC , extreme and another team together like into the spider-verse. And just like that movie I left some teams out of my list like real as I would want something for the sequel and a teaser at the end.

2 ghostbusters / ninja turtles movie. The batman ninja turtles movie show why this is awesome because that was a great movie and a full animated movie of the same could help both brands grow.
Now your talking. It may be unlikely, but again with the success of Into the Spiderverse maybe Sony animation could get real creative. Ideally I would love for the ideas you mentioned get a theatrical release, but I also wouldn't mind if there was such a demand for Ghostbusters that they put out Direct to DVD feature films. Just like Warner Bros. does for their DC animated features.

That is extremely unlikely though because it is easy for Warner to put those out yearly because they have a back catalouge of stories from DC's 70 plus years of comicbook history.

Fingers crossed for Afterlife exceeding expectations. :):):)
SSJmole liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: December 29th, 2019, 11:07 am
SSJmole wrote: December 29th, 2019, 10:07 am I would love

Now your talking. It may be unlikely, but again with the success of Into the Spiderverse maybe Sony animation could get real creative. Ideally I would love for the ideas you mentioned get a theatrical release, but I also wouldn't mind if there was such a demand for Ghostbusters that they put out Direct to DVD feature films. Just like Warner Bros. does for their DC animated features.

That is extremely unlikely though because it is easy for Warner to put those out yearly because they have a back catalouge of stories from DC's 70 plus years of comicbook history.

Fingers crossed for Afterlife exceeding expectations. :):):)
Made for dvd or made for Netflix like Nickelodeon are doing with some of their staff. Would be great. A theatrical release would be great but dvd/streaming means smaller budget (so they don't need to worry about the success as much) , helps the brand plus Ghostbusters over the years has had so many cartoons and comics that they could do some great stuff.

Like they recently did a batman Harley Quinn movie but seems to be set in the animated series universe. They could give real or extreme a real ending like that.

Hell you mention Warner Bros animation. Warner Bros does it a lot in movies and even a TV show just doing the team ups but I would 100% adore a Scooby-Doo meets the Ghostbusters movie 😂
philmorgan81 liked this
Hey why not? Scooby Doo has teamed up with everyone including Sam and Dean from Supernatural. ;)

Warner did just team up with Nickalodeon to bring the Turtles vs Batman to life. Both in comic form and in the DIRECT TO DVD movie. Hey you could be onto something there.

It seems like we are living in an era where rival studios are realizing that it is beneficial to merge IPs every once in awhile. It has mostly been through comics as of late, but it is a start. In the past 5 years Batman has teamed up with the Ninja Turtles on 5 different occasions if you count all the comic books and movie adaptation, Ninja Turtles have worked with The Ghostbusters Twice, Power Rangers have teamed up with the Justice League, Heman has Teamed up with the Thundercats, The Ghostbusters have teamed up with the Transformers, and Now the Ninja Turtles are teaming up with the Power Rangers. Crazy times. Most of these crossovers have been because of 2 different studios actually working together. :):):)

I believe Erik from IDW said it best when he made the statment that crossovers are a great way to get new interest in both IPs. Thats both good for the studios and good for the seperate franchises. :):):)
SSJmole liked this
They did team up that was inspiration for 2) of mine as batman Vs ninja turtles was a great movie based on a comic and ghostbusters/turtles had one.

Scooby Doo suggestion was there's a new show scooby doo and guess who. Every episode he teams with a different person from batman to wonder woman to Ricky Gervais to weird al lol

The old scooby doo movies had batman or addams family ect....

Scooby doo meets the ghostbusters would just be so fun. I want it! I want it now! Lol
I'm not sure if this project will come to fruition with the change in focus once ATC was released and Jason and the Ghost Corps team making he GB Afterlife project but...I honestly think an animated series or film featuring the ATC crew would be a great animated potential project. I say this as someone who hasn't seen ATC nor has any desire to however there are a ton of people who liked that film and a new group of Ghostheads who got into this fandom because of that film. Speaking in terms of visuals and characters which have been noted as very over the top for that live film, an animated project might work incredibly well for them in that regard. Animation would work great for that method and characters could still be voiced by the cast. I think that would help bridge some fan differences and fans of the old get the new films and the animated series can s till be enjoyed by folks who like ATC and it's core of characters and story telling. Who knows however.
SSJmole, Kingpin liked this
    Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]