Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: February 4th, 2020, 9:30 am As I recall the reason behind Sony not releasing the score to Ghostbusters II is due to the master tapes becoming too degraded to use. It is a shame since parts of Randy Edelman's score were really good, and I have wanted to own a copy for many years.
I don't know if that's actually true or not. From what I remember reading, La-La Land Records was going to finally release GB II a few years ago, but were told not to by Randy Edelman. Apparently this request was because Sony was finally going to release it. Guess not!
NSGhostbusters liked this
I had been meaning to reply to this thread for a few days but always got caught up with work.

I will agree that it all comes down to taste and each OST composer has their charms. For me, personally, I prefer Bernstein's composition. It's true that his composition was a character of it's own. However it accented the first film very well while still maintaining the vibe that the film, at its core, was still a comedy. When one of Bernstein's tracks for GB1 randomly comes on, people typically know where it is from and that is a true testament to the work he did. Edelman did a good job with GBII, but for the most part it is not as instantly recognizable. When I think of GBII I honestly think more about the vocal tracks than the OST compositions where GB1 is kind of the opposite.

That said; for the vocal track/various artist soundtracks... I much prefer GBII. GB1 was great, but overall I enjoyed more tracks on GBII's track list. Honestly the 80s funkalicious vibe is also what I need to get through 4am shifts at work sometimes too. :lol:
Listening to the GBII score on Spotify right now. Makes me appreciate Elmer's composition so much more. Aside from a few bits and pieces Randy bores me to death. His stuff is just too simplistic for me, not just in GBII but in all of his scores. Not a whole lot of imagination.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]