Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By deadderek
Well besides the new Ghostbusters movie I've been thinking about the following:

1. Has Dan post Casper EVER worn a flightsuit?

I know Ernie has been known to from time to time, and even cranky Bill Murray dusted one off for the Scream Awards. He's by far the biggest cheerleader of the franchise, but for the most part the last time we glimpsed him suited was 1996 as far as I know. (this isn't criticism, I'm just wondering if maybe I missed him in something)

2. When are we seeing the Fort Detmerring footage?

If I was placing any bets it'd definitely be fan fest but it seems kinda odd to me about a year ago BOOM the news hit...and then nothing. Ghost Corps has told me they have plans for it but that's about it.

3. Do we know anything about Fan Fest outside of the vague descriptions that have been given so far?

I realize June is still about 5ish months away, but there seems to be VERY LITTLE information outside of the original announcements. Flying across the country and spending some serious cash I don't feel comfortable based on what little information we have at the moment.

seekandannoy liked this
By mrmichaelt
2 and 3. With Wonder Con at the end of March, I think at the earliest we could see some GB PR statements released is in the build up to the con. I've noticed some studios do that rather than at a panel. Probably before some Internet site leaks it.
By back
3. Do we know anything about Fan Fest outside of the vague descriptions that have been given so far?
Given certain Controversies & Individual political agendas Some have, I think Sony is gonna keep Alot of people repeatedly Teased with longer more Mysterious teasers until a month before release, we'll see more of a Full trailer.
Think 'Sneak-Attacking' somebody with a pie in the face :walterpeck:
By SSJmole
back wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:13 am
Given certain Controversies & Individual political agendas Some have, I think Sony is gonna keep Alot of people repeatedly Teased with longer more Mysterious teasers until a month before release, we'll see more of a Full trailer.
Think 'Sneak-Attacking' somebody with a pie in the face :walterpeck:
So you don't want this scene

?
Kingpin, back liked this
By SSJmole
Coover5 wrote: January 31st, 2019, 2:48 pm I would say that is unnecessarily controversial but considering Ghostbusters Hellbent was supposed to have a Donald Trump style bad guy it's a fair question lol
Not controversial at all. Personally I dont like trump BUT everyone has mocked him so much recently its lost all power like Will and Grace finally comes back on TV for first episode to just be trump Jones we've heard 1000 times

That said lol I wouldn't want that scene but saw image earlier and needed an exuse to post it lol
By joegianco
I was secretly hoping for that. It would be a great way to connect back with the first movie while at the same time giving us something totally new with some of the original GB’s.

It’s kind of weird but for me the best scenario would be not seeing the fort detmerring footage til July 2020
By Dr.D
Guys. Let's be realistic.

Outside the people on this forum, most of the general public doesn't know or care about that scene. I know Jason Reitman said this movie is for the fans, but you guys have to still realize making movies is a business. Bottom line is what matters. I'm sure Sony will roll out some Special Edition 35th Anniversary release of the movie with new supplemental to hype both the anniversary and new movie. You have to think about all of these things as business decisions. That isn't a slam, it's just the reality. Sony likes money.
back, Kingpin liked this
By Alphagaia
The general public doesn't care about that scene, but if it's used to show the Buster's in their glory days, and thus makes sense in the movie, why would they not use it?
By Coover5
There might be clips that work as news footage or they could work screen caps in as photos on magazines but flashbacks aren't in the style of Ghostbusters so that's very unlikely. There's also the fact that footage from the scene was used in GB1 as a dream so it's hard to work around that without it being poorly done. And I'm sure everyone feels they have ideas how the footage could be reused but unless the entire scene is remade it's just not going to fly.
Kingpin liked this
By Coover5
While I don't feel the footage works for GB3 if they move on with a new team in GB4-6 I think it could work as the new team (as in characters and creative minds behind the film) find their footing. A haunted fort could lead to a great scene of a battlefield or something similar to the civil war exhibit in GB:tvg. And tying the fort scene and the "You're not sleeping with it are you ray?" moment in GB2 could make for an interesting comic. Tackling the fact that ghosts have emotions could make an interesting story. Even prisons attempt to be humane but what about the busters? Plus, I'd love to see the ghost in the Fort scene return as a vengeful spirit haunting Ray after he settles down.
By Kingpin
Alphagaia wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 11:27 am The general public doesn't care about that scene, but if it's used to show the Buster's in their glory days, and thus makes sense in the movie, why would they not use it?
- Because part of it was already used in Ray's dream sequence, so either you'd suddenly give him some sort of precognition... Or you'd have to cut out the ending where Ray meets the Ghost, and have it remain somewhat unresolved.
By timeware
Coover5 wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 1:10 pm There might be clips that work as news footage or they could work screen caps in as photos on magazines but flashbacks aren't in the style of Ghostbusters so that's very unlikely. There's also the fact that footage from the scene was used in GB1 as a dream so it's hard to work around that without it being poorly done. And I'm sure everyone feels they have ideas how the footage could be reused but unless the entire scene is remade it's just not going to fly.
Wouldn't it be something if they open up with Kevin Smith as one of the new recruits with black and white monitors continuously looping old Ghostbuster news reels, while he's passed out on the floor between a mess of beer and popcorn?
By back
Coover5 wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 7:38 pm Perfect. Kinda like the start of Citizen Kane. It'll make it easy to segue into GB20 being a film length version of "Ghostbuster of the Year"
I was kinda hoping that they would Merge a few Good RGB episodes together; Killerwatt, Troll Bridge & Knock Knock are great examples, (especially since they re-opened Penn station recently & the Subway expansion starting) with a Hint of 'Back in the Saddle' from EGB. I think I said in another post...
It almost writes itself.
:)
By timeware
Even If Smith doesn't land a main roll chances are high of him making a cameo since he's friends with the director. We could even get jay and silent bob standing in their clerks outfits in front of the fire house.
By deadderek
timeware wrote: February 4th, 2019, 8:20 am Even If Smith doesn't land a main roll chances are high of him making a cameo since he's friends with the director. We could even get jay and silent bob standing in their clerks outfits in front of the fire house.
Christ no.
    GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]