Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By deadderek
I sincerely hope that almost nothing people are throwing out in this thread happens.

But wild speculation is fun to read.

Carry on.
RichRyan1507, savintheday, back and 2 others liked this
By back
deadderek wrote: February 18th, 2019, 9:56 am I sincerely hope that almost nothing people are throwing out in this thread happens.

But wild speculation is fun to read.

Carry on.

I know I said that Id keep a clear & open mind to all this, I acknowledge that it isnt 1984 anymore and technology advances, but seriously? Really? How F&#*ing Lazy do these new Busters need to be to Require a smart phone app to operate a stomp-pedal and partial thrower??
:sigh:
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Alphagaia
Hey, I had a perfectly good reason: trapping takes an extra character as it is now, at least one to hold the ghost and one to set up the trap, and with a remote switch you can move around after deploying a trap should there be multiple hostile vapors.
By back
Alphagaia wrote: February 18th, 2019, 12:08 pm Hey, I had a perfectly good reason: trapping takes an extra character as it is now, at least one to hold the ghost and one to set up the trap, and with a remote switch you can move around after deploying a trap should there be multiple hostile vapors.
Wheres the fun in that?
By Wiggyof9
Alphagaia wrote: February 18th, 2019, 12:08 pm Hey, I had a perfectly good reason: trapping takes an extra character as it is now, at least one to hold the ghost and one to set up the trap, and with a remote switch you can move around after deploying a trap should there be multiple hostile vapors.
But Ghostbusters is a team oriented thing. Its not about just one person doing it on their own.
By savintheday
Using a smartphone in one hand while wrangling a ghost with the other seems very impractical. Pedals, buttons and switches are still better suited for certain things. What if you drop the phone and the screen cracks? Better have an otterbox on that shit! What if you get a tinder notification in the middle of a bust? Very distracting!

If this movie has teenage kids in it and one of them takes a selfie during a bust, imma throw my beer at the screen.
back, RichRyan1507, BatDan and 1 others liked this
By Alphagaia
On that note, the GB are some lucky bastards, had the scoleri brothers been triplets, they would have won as there was no one to pull out a trap. Well, it would have given Winston something to do. IDW did a nice take on that, btw.

Hell, if the ghosts escaping from the containment unit banned together to attack the GB standing unarmed and fighting with Peck Gozer would have won right then and there.
By Wiggyof9
Alphagaia wrote: February 18th, 2019, 12:55 pm On that note, the GB are some lucky bastards, had the scoleri brothers been triplets, they would have won as there was no one to pull out a trap. Well, it would have given Winston something to do.

Hell, if the ghosts escaping from the containment unit banned together to attack the GB standing unarmed and fighting with Peck Gozer would have won right then and there.
And if all the ninjas attacked at once Bruce lee would always lose. Its called suspension of disbelief. All movies require a reasonable degree of this.

But, I suppose they could always go with the ATC method and have them start using the proton stream as a whip and have the GBs do flips and tricks.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Alphagaia
Wiggyof9 wrote: February 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm
But Ghostbusters is a team oriented thing. Its not about just one person doing it on their own.
True that. There will always be one person to take care of the trap. Upside is that person isn't a sitting duck while he operates the trap as he can move around. Hell, they could even make it that it works remotely and via a foot pedal for maximum efficiency depending on the (amount of) ghosts they are facing.

But eh, I can understand if people don't like the idea. No need to get sour.
By back
RichRyan1507 wrote: February 18th, 2019, 1:14 pm
Wiggyof9 wrote: February 18th, 2019, 1:08 pm
But, I suppose they could always go with the ATC method and have them start using the proton stream as a whip and have the GBs do flips and tricks.

All the action in that final battle was so cringe enducing.
Lets Review...
2016 Battle

Original Battle

Yea, Big Cringe! As Peter Venkman would say.........

BUT Thats neither Here or There, the GB 2020 battle? Hmmm....
Seems about right :walterpeck:
By Dr.D
Speculation is fine and good and all but I think there is something that needs to be said.

Ghostbusters is not and never was an action movie. And that isn't an opinion. It's objectively not an action movie.

The opinion here is this: Ghostbusters shouldn't be an action movie.
RichRyan1507, Sav C, Alphagaia and 3 others liked this
By RichRyan1507
Dr.D wrote: February 18th, 2019, 1:52 pm Speculation is fine and good and all but I think there is something that needs to be said.

Ghostbusters is not and never was an action movie. And that isn't an opinion. It's objectively not an action movie.

The opinion here is this: Ghostbusters shouldn't be an action movie.

Amen. I can't wait for a Jason Reitman GB that has fully developed characters and humor and action that's appropriate for this franchise.
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By Alphagaia
You know, I would not even mind if there is no big bad in GB3. It feels like Jason is very good with characters and emotional conflict, and while I certainly expect there will be some ghostbusting, perhaps the biggest conflict is something else entirely.

A funny, gripping story set in the GB world that builds up characters for us to fall in love with again.
RichRyan1507, Sav C liked this
By timeware
I was thinking of what kind of new equipment i'd like to see them throw in GB20. Who would be interested in a remote control ghost trap? Like a ghost trap on an RC car chassis or something like the iRobot Roomba?
By Coover5
Alphagaia wrote: February 18th, 2019, 1:10 pm
True that. There will always be one person to take care of the trap. Upside is that person isn't a sitting duck while he operates the trap as he can move around. Hell, they could even make it that it works remotely and via a foot pedal for maximum efficiency depending on the (amount of) ghosts they are facing.
I have had so many ideas for the traps but I've found that so many of them don't work. We know there is a ghost sensor in the trap but what about one out of the trap? It would follow the ghosts in the room so instead of trying to get ghosts to the trap the trap goes to the ghosts. But it would tip over so easily. That's even an issue with nice high tech equipment. I considered drone additions to the trap but then that ups the quality of person who can use the equipment. Not everyone can fly a drone. I thought about a version of the trap that would be worn on the body but that's dangerous especially when you have the ghosts fighting their way out or rather resisting going in.

I'm not against change but it's very hard to find change that works. It's nothing against you. Heck I'm not even a real fan of the in canon trap upgrade: the tripod trap. It seemed overly complicated. I loved the look of the prop though.
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By Slimered
RichRyan1507 wrote: February 17th, 2019, 4:26 pm
Slimered wrote: February 17th, 2019, 4:17 pm
Not true. Anything can be done with a smartphone, and pretty much everything is. There's an app for everything out there. I don't see why Ghostbusting wouldn't be any different. Not every app is hacked by hackers, and a brain as clever as Egon's would have deduced through science a means to stop any hacking attempts.

Egon is dead and there won't be smart phones controlling the equipment lol. Enough.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have designed a hack-proof app capable of operating the traps via smartphone before he passed away.
By Slimered
savintheday wrote: February 18th, 2019, 12:53 pm If this movie has teenage kids in it and one of them takes a selfie during a bust, imma throw my beer at the screen.
Why? It would be reflective of modern day culture.
By RichRyan1507
Slimered wrote: February 18th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Egon is dead and there won't be smart phones controlling the equipment lol. Enough.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have designed a hack-proof app capable of operating the traps via smartphone before he passed away.

Yes it does. This is nauseatingly boring.
back, seekandannoy liked this
By back
Slimered wrote: February 18th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Ive said it before.... I'll say again...
I know I said that Id keep a clear & open mind to all this, I acknowledge that it isnt 1984 anymore and technology advances, but seriously? Really? How F&#*ing Lazy do these new Busters need to be to Require a smart phone app to operate a stomp-pedal and partial thrower??
By Sav C
Slimered wrote: February 18th, 2019, 4:20 pm
savintheday wrote: February 18th, 2019, 12:53 pm If this movie has teenage kids in it and one of them takes a selfie during a bust, imma throw my beer at the screen.
No offence, but it would be reflective of a stereotype, not of culture.
Coover5, RichRyan1507, seekandannoy and 2 others liked this
By Coover5
I've been watching some of Joseph Mazzello's more recent work (Bohemian Rhapsody, Social Network, Dear Sidewalk) and I think he'd make a pretty good buster. He's going to be 36 this year so he's at the right age for one and he's old enough play a scientist established in his field. Plus he has a great everyman look.

That's not to say I think there will be a new team of busters in GB20. i'm just thinking if there are more busters in GB4 or a live action series I think he'd be a good fit.
Sav C liked this
By Wiggyof9
It would be reflective of a terrible part of modern day culture. The part where everyone is self absorbed and doesnt take anything seriously.
RichRyan1507, Sav C, seekandannoy and 2 others liked this
By Davideverona
Coover5 wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:10 pm I've been watching some of Joseph Mazzello's more recent work (Bohemian Rhapsody, Social Network, Dear Sidewalk) and I think he'd make a pretty good buster. He's going to be 36 this year so he's at the right age for one and he's old enough play a scientist established in his field. Plus he has a great everyman look.

That's not to say I think there will be a new team of busters in GB20. i'm just thinking if there are more busters in GB4 or a live action series I think he'd be a good fit.
Mazzello should be playing the bass with the real Queen in full "old man" make up, replacing John Deacon.
By Styrofoam_Guy
For the movie to do well it has to attract the general audience.

If people are not using smart phones it would be quite noticeable as literally everyone has one today and uses it to take photos and videos. People are also more and more using voice activated phones or home electronics. So a voice activated trap could be possible.

Although some fans might not want much action most people going to a movie are expecting a big action scene at the end.
By Alphagaia
Wiggyof9 wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:17 pm

It would be reflective of a terrible part of modern day culture. The part where everyone is self absorbed and doesnt take anything seriously.
We already had that plotline in GB2 and as a joke in ATC. The best way I would want a selfie in GB20 is if it's used in a scary way, like a ghost appearing in the background, and coming closer with each picture taken, Stephen King style.

Or you know, if it features Egon, trying to contact his daughter or something.
Sav C, RichRyan1507 liked this

Hey, anyone else playing this game? I want to find[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]