Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By AceVenkman
Hey all I’m having a small issue with the gbfans sound, when I’m over heating the pack there seems to be a small hitch in the sound from blast to over heat/vent any thought on what this could be?
By mike_waclo
Are you talking about a very brief pause that occurs between each sound clip? I get this during the boot up sequence, too, when it transitions into the pack hum sound.
By AceVenkman
I am, it seems these pauses or hitches weren’t present in the older sound boards. I think it happens because the different sounds don’t line up exactly with each other and/or the sound doesn’t load guickly enough? I just don’t know if there’s a fix for it.
By mike_waclo
AceVenkman wrote: January 1st, 2019, 6:41 pm I am, it seems these pauses or hitches weren’t present in the older sound boards. I think it happens because the different sounds don’t line up exactly with each other and/or the sound doesn’t load guickly enough? I just don’t know if there’s a fix for it.

Interesting. I'd love to see a fix for this, if possible. I'd also like it if there were a way to use the VG-style basic thrower sound, as I like that is has a "Finish" to the sound effect when you release the button, but disable the overheat effect. Or maybe at least disable overheating for the black fire, button, but not the red button at the other end. It just doesn't seem to fire long enough without going into the overheat sequence.
By AceVenkman
I see what you’re saying I’m not sure if that wouldnt require extra programming. the sound issue on the other hand might be able to be fixed by editing the sound clips which are loaded on the SD card I’m gonna try and work on that when I have some time. But reassigning sounds to different buttons and changing functions might require programming of the firm ware.
By mike_waclo
AceVenkman wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 4:53 pm I see what you’re saying I’m not sure if that wouldnt require extra programming. the sound issue on the other hand might be able to be fixed by editing the sound clips which are loaded on the SD card I’m gonna try and work on that when I have some time. But reassigning sounds to different buttons and changing functions might require programming of the firm ware

Yeah, I figure what I was talking about is more of a “wishlist” item for a future version of the board. I’ve really liked the way the effects seem to be strung together on the Rabid Prototypes sound card, but I don’t know how they stack up next to the rest of the GBFans kit parts, in terms of quality.
    Proton Props UK

Hey guys, I just wanted to give a quick update on […]

Ecto Containment Unit

First off awesome work!!! second of all where did […]

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome