Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Kingpin
A variety of public events have hosted them in the past.

When the Movieum of London was in operation, it hosted a "movie car" day which included a replica of Ecto-1. The same car was also featured at a science fiction/movie event at a London-based school.

Several Ectomobile replicas, ranging from 1959 Cadillacs to original creations have appeared at various comic conventions (Such as San Diego Comic Con), the screen-used car has appeared at conventions in the past for official marketing by Sony/Ghost Corps, but most examples are fans taking their vehicles so they can appear in convention-related parades, as is the case with the cars at the PKE Surge fan-convention.

Your best bet to see an Ecto-1 would be to check and see if a team with a car is going to a local convention. If you wish to see the Ecto-1, you will have to go on the Sony Pictures Studio Tour in Culver City, California, as the car (along with the 2016 version) is on permanent residence at that location.

Where (generally) are you based?
JaneDoe liked this
By JaneDoe
I am in Northern California. I am partial to the real one, but the replica, so long as it looks pretty damn close to the original, will do, of it happens to be somewhere I can/will go. With the tours of the real Ecto, I assume it is hands-off, velvet rope kind of deal, eh?
By Kingpin
The 1984 and 2016 Ecto-1s haven't been roped off in the past, and in some cases some fans/visitors have gotten pretty close to them... I think some may have even briefly gotten to sit inside the cars, however this is up to the discretion of the Sony staffer giving the tour. It never hurts to ask.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]