Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By doctorevil30564
So I had bought a proton pack off ebay, and got it in yesterday while I was at work. I open the box up when I get home only to find that the pack has been damaged (busted Ion arm riser tower, resin clippard valve on pack got the valve popped off, and the resin elbow on the cyclotron got busted). Seller insured the item so I'm in the process of trying to get UPS to pay me the cost to replace the busted parts. The Ion arm and some of the other pieces on the resin pack shell were 3d printed so that probably didn't help that part on breaking. I'm replacing it with a resin one and since all the valves going on the riser appear to be 3d printed as well as the elbow that popped off I'm replacing all of the fittings on the pack with real brass parts and I'm replacing the resin clippards on the pack and thrower with real ones.

Is this a common thing to happen when getting a pack shipped to you??

Seller used staples to package and ship the pack through UPS. They didn't package it right, as the box only had brown paper in it to hold the bubble wrapped pack so it basically got bounced all around the inside of the box.

:sigh:
By Kingpin
There's always a risk of damage when shipping items, and even moreso with something like a Proton Pack. Unfortunately it does sound like insufficient packaging was used. How far away was it coming from? Do you have any photos of the damage?

Out of curiosity, where did you purchase the Pack from?
Kingpin wrote:There's always a risk of damage when shipping items, and even moreso with something like a Proton Pack. Unfortunately it does sound like insufficient packaging was used. How far away was it coming from? Do you have any photos of the damage?

Out of curiosity, where did you purchase the Pack from?
It was shipped to me in Georgia from Texas. The seller had never shipped anything like this before so she had handed it off to let Staples pack and ship the package with instructions that the item was fragile.

The lady I bought it from is a member of the Dallas/Fort Worth Ghostbusters. She bought the pack from another DFW GB member then injured her back so she couldn't use the pack due to the weight of the pack. She's a super nice lady, we've been talking back and forth about the spirit Halloween Proton Pack she's going to be using instead once she gets it finished. She is going to swap the wand out for a pistol for an extreme Ghostbusters look.

This pack was the first thing she had sold on eBay. I attached pictures of the damage to the pack for reference. Staples should be at fault for this since they didn't pack the pack properly.ImageImageImage
By Styrofoam_Guy
Well since the seller used a third party to ship the item I would think they would have to pay for the repairs or they should be the ones going after UPS to pay for the items.

The seller seems to have done everything right and I don't think she should be paying for the damage. Of course Staples and UPS will want to blame each other.
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:Well since the seller used a third party to ship the item I would think they would have to pay for the repairs or they should be the ones going after UPS to pay for the items.

The seller seems to have done everything right and I don't think she should be paying for the damage. Of course Staples and UPS will want to blame each other.
I agree, the seller isn't at fault. I just hope that UPS makes Staples pay for the damage.
By doctorevil30564
I started the process today to begin rebuilding and revamping this pack. Today I removed the motherboard, removed the homemade static light kit, and removed the broken 3d printed riser tower. The last one was a MAJOR pain to do. The person who made the pack screwed three screws down into the shell where the riser arm is located, then poured resin into the 3d printed riser tower then sat the part down onto the shell so the resin flowed onto the screws. I wound up having to use my Dremel tool to cut chunks off of the resin and 3d printed part until I could get the screws exposed. Once I finally did expose them I was able to remove the riser from the shell.

The process generated a lot of white colored dust as evidenced by the one picture of my hand.ImageImageImage
By doctorevil30564
Kingpin wrote:Jeeze, that Shell is an absolute mess (not from your efforts, the original builder's). Warps, bulges... and that messy application on the interior...
I know, but I don't have the extra money right now to buy another shell and start over. At least it's not a badly done vaccum form shell, but I do agree that the original maker of the shell could have done a much much better job making it.
OK wanted to update.

After working and looking at the poorly made resin shell for my pack and the poorly made wand/thrower that is using the wrong size for the PVC pipe for the handle that standard 3/4" split-less loom will not fit into, I am seriously considering just sending all of the parts I've purchased for this rebuild to someone and have them build me a pack. I'm so frustrated at this point, that having someone else build it for me may be the best solution as I don't need the added stress right now in my life.

The person I'm talking to uses the ben of kent proton pack kit to build his packs, and I know that their kit is one of the more recommended ones to use. I'll update this topic again if I decide to move forward with this.
    Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]