Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Kingpin wrote:
GK45 wrote:A stone in a pocket is not the same as the pattern of the fabric used for the clothing.
I admit it wasn't a perfect analogy, but sorta aimed towards my point.
GK45 wrote:While we may not see the actual pattern of the fabric in the movies, we do see the effect that pattern has, the unique color, the sheen of the fabric,
The colour can potentially be resolved with the right dyes, and there is no sheen to the fabric.
GK45 wrote:everything we see in the movie in regards to the suit is, whether we can see it or not, effected by the type of fabric used.
Everything from the pattern to the weight to the material used effects how the end fabric will look and behave.
I feel this discussion is starting to clutch at straws in the pursuit of finding faults/grounds to gripe about it. It's not a 100% perfect replica, but how many customers are seriously going to scrutinize it on the basis of it's sheen, or how the fabric behaves?
GK45 wrote:If it isn't made with the same fabric, then in my opinion, there is no point in it's existence
Guess it's a good thing it's not down to your final call. :)
GK45 wrote:Why do the gloves being accurate have to detract from anything else being accurate?
I don't understand what you're asking, in my previous post I said having 100% accurate gloves isn't essential to me. I'm not aware of saying that the gloves detracted from anything.
GK45 wrote:That being the case, how do you feel about the poor excuse for a Fob they include with the suit?
It can be improved... but perhaps the photographed one is simply a bad prototype/stand-in?
I don't think it's grasping at straws at all, and I'm a fan of Anovos.

At times the fabric does matter. It's an extreme, but compare say, how a costume from Spirit or any other cheap costume compares to the real piece. It's obvious that it's a cheapo knockoff, and will never look as good as it should, based mainly on the fabric they've used. It's fine for someone looking to dress up for a Halloween party on the cheap, but for collectors and those shelling out literally hundreds of dollars it just won't do. And it shouldn't.

Anovos prides itself on quality and demands a price to reflect that. I remember years ago when they came out with a few different Star Trek uniforms, they touted about the fabric and how it was the same weave, stitching, etc. I'm not sure what happened with the GB suit, but it's a shame they decided to use an inaccurate material.
Sav C liked this
By McNally
I'm amazed they actually managed to get them out in time for Halloween. I canceled my order last Monday and I'm still waiting on my refund.

I had thought I'd get the refund before the kits would ship, but I guess I was wrong there.
By ccv66
We'll see how the quality is.. little scary that they didn't make any post or pictures on what the final pack look like. I plan on upgrade my pack with gbfan parts any ways, but I hope I don't receive a hot mess.. maybe they're being quiet because they won't be able to fulfill 2 years of pre orders before Halloween
By McNally
ccv66 wrote:We'll see how the quality is.. little scary that they didn't make any post or pictures on what the final pack look like. I plan on upgrade my pack with gbfan parts any ways, but I hope I don't receive a hot mess.. maybe they're being quiet because they won't be able to fulfill 2 years of pre orders before Halloween
Maybe it took them this long to fulfill because they've secretly been buying gbfan parts to make the kits?
By ccv66
Well I got the pack... Not sure how I feel about it. Packaging was crap, labels are crap. Pack itself is heavy. They threw the anovos name on parts and lables.. probably couldn't get the rights to them..
By necrosapien87
ccv66 wrote:Well I got the pack... Not sure how I feel about it. Packaging was crap, labels are crap. Pack itself is heavy. They threw the anovos name on parts and lables.. probably couldn't get the rights to them..
Pics?
By ccv66
It's a entry level pack as is, a complete easy pack to put together. Unfortunately some designs were altered in order for an easier build, which i think the accuracy will suffer. It will not be putting any prop builder s out of business. Lot of things snap in. Some brass and aluminium knobs.. definitely going to need both clippard valves and upgrade a few resin pieces. One handle is casted around a metal tube, but the grips are casted in too :( the motherboard is plastic. THE GB FANS MOTHER BOARD IS TOO SMALL! so don't order one thinking it's going to fit. Shell looks ok, but it will need to be textured. The motherboard brackets are molded into the shell, probably need to be replaced. This is not a $1500 pack for $600, It's a $600 pack for $600. A few upgrades I'll be happy with it. The wand looks ok, a few years down the line I'll pull a trigger on an all metal wand. I'll activate my Photobucket and try to post some pics later
rgamble84 liked this
By ccv66
So not a movie accurate replica, but with a few mods and upgrades, I'll be happy with it. This pack would be great for someone who isn't good at building things. Everything is pre drilled, has pegs or studs that parts screws in. If I didn't care about the little details and electronics, I think I could slap this pack together in a hour with just glue and silver paint.. I Put a few gray pieces, clippard valve and Matty wand just as comparisons
By Lowberg
Wow! Everything looks really nice! I like the "peg" attachment method they are using. I can definitely see how that would make easy assembly, since in my experience drilling attachment holes to get everything to line up is the hardest part.

It's interesting to see the clippard valve comes in 2 parts. Is that top half of the clippard metal or painted plastic? Is the bellows and thrower knobs they include aluminum as well?

I'd also be interested in seeing the inside of the shell! Is it fiberglass or injection molded plastic?

From that initial photo, everything looks very impressive to be honest
By TK5759
DarkSpectre wrote:That's actually alot better than I figured it would be. So add another 170 for lights and sound and you have a pretty decent replica for less than a grand. You have to buy the alice frame separately?
Don't forget that $600 was the preorder pricing. This will most likely go up once all the preorders are filled. They did the same thing on the stormtrooper kit--preorders started at $350 and I think they were selling it for $600 last time it was in stock. They've got the preorders for 2017 back up at $450.
By ccv66
The top half of the clippards are aluminum. They look ok, I don't care for of anovos lables. So if you got a different lable it would look better. Still prefer real clippard s. Suggest/Going to get foil, metal and dry rub lables. The bellow is metal, but it's like 1/8 " smaller than gbfans shop one,so I swapped it with my other pack. The knobs are aluminum and the wand has studs molded in. Looks pretty sharp. Will need the orange hat lense. The pack is heavy fiberglass with a plastic like coating. I did order a new booster frame. Most of the other parts are acceptable. I bought Crix parts for my other pack, and his stuff is a nicer, a little crisper, but where do you draw the line. I'm not catching real ghosts with it and I'm lacking the skill and knowledge to have a high end pack anyways. Mod it to where I like it and call it Ritz
Bo-Bandit13 liked this
By TK5759
ccv66 wrote:The top half of the clippards are aluminum. They look ok, I don't care for of anovos lables. So if you got a different lable it would look better. Still prefer real clippard s. Suggest/Going to get foil, metal and dry rub lables. The bellow is metal, but it's like 1/8 " smaller than gbfans shop one,so I swapped it with my other pack. The knobs are aluminum and the wand has studs molded in. Looks pretty sharp. Will need the orange hat lense. The pack is heavy fiberglass with a plastic like coating. I did order a new booster frame. Most of the other parts are acceptable. I bought Crix parts for my other pack, and his stuff is a nicer, a little crisper, but where do you draw the line. I'm not catching real ghosts with it and I'm lacking the skill and knowledge to have a high end pack anyways. Mod it to where I like it and call it Ritz
Will you be starting a build thread? I would personally love to see it.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]