Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Nicholszz

LOVING, to finally be able to see the Slimer/Louis scene!
Sutton621 liked this
By evallded
Thank you for that. I do like how that scene gives a little more back story to why Slimer lives in the firehouse in the cartoons
By Doctor Venkman
Man... there was some great stuff in there.

Wasn't a fan of the two early scenes with Dana and Venkman... just some lines that fell flat, but the stuff outside the museum, the stuff with Louis and Slimer, the alternate take of trying to get Venkman to go to the subway... even the last scene with arguing about what route to take... just gold. Really wish it would've been in the movie, along with other stuff they still didn't show us.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Loved seeing the bit with Peter and Dana at the court house, Louis trying to catch Slimer (Still a little disappointed that the other time Louis tries catch him with the KFC legs and the Ghost Trap is not on the deleted scenes reel) and the bits with the Statue of Liberty,really wish that those had been kept in the film especially Peter's line about the parking ticket.

Also I agree that the alternate take in Peter's apartment of Ray, Egon and Winston trying to get him to come into the sewer/subway tunnels to locate the river of slime was hilarious. Ernie Hudson nailed his delivery perfectly. Still the version from the final cut offers stronger dialogue and a funnier interaction between the characters.
Last edited by Peter Venkman Jr. on April 10th, 2018, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By halliwax
Winston1986 wrote:Thanks. Too bad the one with Ray getting possessed by Vigo and crashing the Ecto 1 wasn't there though.
yeah total let down :(
By Dr._P_Venkman
Love Peter and Danas conversation in reference to the terror dog transformation.
By AJ Quick
halliwax wrote:
Winston1986 wrote:Thanks. Too bad the one with Ray getting possessed by Vigo and crashing the Ecto 1 wasn't there though.
yeah total let down :(
Yeah at first we had nothing. Now we have something... horrible.
Matt Campbell liked this
By GhostBustin_84
I bought the blu-ray combo pack today, but, I don't have a blu-ray player and don't know when I'll be able to afford one, so it was really nice to be able to see these. Thanks for posting. They were all enjoyable.

I think the last scene was great and would've been a nice add on to the film. The traffic ticket line was delivered perfectly. The same goes for the scene with Louis. Great stuff!
By Matt Campbell
AJ Quick wrote:Yeah at first we had nothing. Now we have something... horrible.
Agreed
By Donkey8012
I don't know about you guys, but the scene in Peter's apartment reminds me of the "video game" Peter Venkman a lot.
By Nicholszz
AJ Quick wrote:Guys. Don't watch these. Watch them on the Blu-ray as it will make it more special for you.
I couldn't contain my excitement as a fan AJ, SORRY!
But I'll be watching on BluRay too!

It's a given.
Low quality vs High Quality?

Changes the experience all round.
By JA Slow
I've never cared for Blu-ray. Too jittery and live broadcast like for my taste, prefer the original presentation format over trying to enhance just to make sales through endless releases.

Nice to finally see the footage of scenes only known for years through the comic and novel adaptations! Dana and Peter's scenes are kinda flat. The museum was great, love seeing all of the guys together on screen. Their expressions are priceless in some spots i.e. Ray after Hardemeyer gets sucked into the slime shell and Winston at Peter's apartment.

Reitman and Aykroyd's interview felt a little forced in some spots, like they didn't really want to talk too much about the sequel or go into a lot of details. Most of what they said has been said before many times anyway. Aykroyd seemed uncomfortable, like he was anxious or worried. Just got those vibes.
Zack liked this
By JoshK
Nothing about Blu Ray is "live broadcast" - like. In fact, a good Blu Ray transfer will preserve the theatrical experience of a film.

What you describe sounds more like Motion Interpolation, also known as Auto Motion Plus amongst other names, which is a feature found in many contemporary televisions (120hz or higher) that scans the frames and creates new ones to smooth out the motion. The result is an image that is not cinematic at all, but something akin to watching a soap opera or a classic episode of Doctor Who.
Zack, Daniel liked this
By JA Slow
SpaceCoastGBs wrote:He's from Oregon, that should say enough. Perhaps he's bummed out that they didn't release this new set on VHS with deleted scenes included after the credits.
Just because she is from Oregon, doesn't mean I'm a Portlandia hipster. :sigh:

I enjoy the advancements of cinema, just not every aspect of the certain formats.
By JoshK
JA Slow wrote:
SpaceCoastGBs wrote:
I enjoy the advancements of cinema, just not every aspect of the certain formats.

Still, though, the criticisms you made don't quite match the Blu Ray format. A great BD transfer on a good television with surround sound, as of now, is the closest you will come to the cinema experience without actually going to the theater, far more filmic than VHS or DVD, and I've yet to experience anything jittery or "live broadcast"-ish from Blu Ray, despite having switched exclusively to the format years ago.

Now, your criticisms do describe modern televisions with motion interpolation. Auto Motion Plus, which is very much the equivalent to watching a "live broadcast" or a soap opera, will completely destroy the cinematic experience and is even less merciful to hand-drawn animation. I could kinda-sorta see why maybe, just maybe someone could confuse Auto Motion Plus with Blu Ray, since a lot of places, like Best Buy, will use it to demo Blu Ray and other home theater technology.
By Winston1986
Now that I think about it the last scene doesn't make sense. The Mayor fired Jack then Jack shows up with him at the Museum with the Ghostbusters? Why would the Mayor even allow that when he just fired him?
By Fritz
Winston1986 wrote:Now that I think about it the last scene doesn't make sense. The Mayor fired Jack then Jack shows up with him at the Museum with the Ghostbusters? Why would the Mayor even allow that when he just fired him?
In earlier versions of the script, the Mayor doesn't fire Hardemeyer.

Final Version of GB2:

Ghostbusters get thrown in Parkview Hospital.

Things go to shit.

Lenny finds out Hardemeyer threw the Ghostbusters in Parkview, fires Hardemeyer, has the Ghostbusters released.

The Ghostbusters go to the Museum after being released.

Earlier Version:

Ghostbusters get thrown in Parkview Hospital.

Things go to shit.

Louis convinces his podiatrist cousin Sherm (played by Eugene Levy) to write a release for the Ghostbusters. Since Sherm is an MD, it works.

The Ghostbusters go to the Museum after being released, and encounter Lenny and Hardemeyer there; the wall eats Hardemeyer.

This is basically how it works in the novelization and the comic adaptation, which were based off earlier script drafts because of the time it would take to make the adaptations.

Whatever order the decisions were made, in the end Levy was cut out of the movie and the Mayor sprung the Ghostbusters. Hardemeyer's appearances at the museum after that were also cut, because they wouldn't fit in with him being fired earlier.
Glenn Frederick, Sav C liked this
By M.Thunder
It's interesting to note how the "Jello mold" effect was never completed....

GB2 had almost three times the effect shots to get done on a GB1 timeframe. ILM over-promised what they could deliver. That's when the Mayor's "get me the Ghostbusters" scene was moved from outside city hall to inside a blank white office somewhere. There was going to be an effect where an army of ghosts phases through the building and flies towards the mayor's staff that ILM said was not going to be completed on time. I wonder how much else was cut out or changed just because an effect couldn't be done in the time they were given...

I wonder though...the guys showing up at Peter's apartment, with the guys in their matching rubber suits (what have they used them for before now?) and the reveal of Dana in her evening dress ("He's not coming,") ...that's a MUCH funnier way to stage that scene then what we got at the taxi! Why'd they change it?
By Matt Campbell
ECT0-1 wrote:They shoulda kept the apartment scene in and the Liberty banter. Those two were good.
I agree!
By groschopf
SpaceCoastGBs wrote:He's from Oregon, that should say enough. Perhaps he's bummed out that they didn't release this new set on VHS with deleted scenes included after the credits.
HAHAHA it's funny because it's a sweeping generalization likely based off of an inane television show!
By Zack
All the dialogue in the Peter's apartment scene mostly falls flat to me. They also neglect to mention the river of slime that shows up in the photos of Vigo.

They really shifted it brilliantly to me between the characters to make it sound better and more natural coming out of a different characters mouth. The energy is WAY higher in the street version too. "Pete, it's great that you're here! We've got incredible news!" Maybe they wanted to establish that it was night time? Dunno what's with the lights in Peter's apartment, looks like daytime outside still.

There seems to be more of an immediate urgency in the final cut to go check it out.

The scene was funny in itself but the final one is better to me. Moves a lot faster which is ideal in movies too. I like the reveal of Dana coming onto the street in her dress and the awkward and shy "Hi" the guys give her....
Daniel, Sav C liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]