Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By d_osborn
mrmichaelt wrote:
d_osborn wrote:Totally! I haven't had a chance to read through Paul's draft, but I'm hoping to this weekend. I'm not anticipating anything drastic, but I noticed a few things.
Cool. In particular, there was only a mention of Egon and Ray building a new storage facility. There was no scene in the 8/5/88 of them looking at the crater. Maybe in yours?
That was actually in the later 10/88 draft.

By d_osborn
PJCGB98 wrote:Is there any video of the deleted Eugene Levy scene from Ghostbusters 2 online anywhere?
It seems like there was some behind the scenes footage of the Eugene Levy scene being shot on the Electronic Press Kit. I'm sure it's on Youtube somewhere.
By pferreira1983
PJCGB98 wrote:Ok cool, but no official footage then that anyone can locate?
There's a lot of unreleased GBII footage, maybe one day we'll see it. I'm sure it exists.
By d_osborn
pferreira1983 wrote:
PJCGB98 wrote:Ok cool, but no official footage then that anyone can locate?
There's a lot of unreleased GBII footage, maybe one day we'll see it. I'm sure it exists.
I'm betting that Sony still everything shot for GB2, save for the ILM material. The deleted scenes on the BR were obviously taken from a film source, not old VHS dailies. Sony also has a bunch of HD stock material from the GB and GB2 production shoots. If I had to guess, everything has been scanned, but not necessarily restored.
By pferreira1983
d_osborn wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote: There's a lot of unreleased GBII footage, maybe one day we'll see it. I'm sure it exists.
I'm betting that Sony still everything shot for GB2, save for the ILM material. The deleted scenes on the BR were obviously taken from a film source, not old VHS dailies. Sony also has a bunch of HD stock material from the GB and GB2 production shoots. If I had to guess, everything has been scanned, but not necessarily restored.
I never understood why studios have to drip feed extra features material in order for people to double dip. It makes more sense just to release everything.
By *NormalGamer*
d_osborn wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote: There's a lot of unreleased GBII footage, maybe one day we'll see it. I'm sure it exists.
@ *referring to bold*

If that's the case, then this is straight up laziness on Sony's part.
By Kingpin
pferreira1983 wrote:I never understood why studios have to drip feed extra features material in order for people to double dip. It makes more sense just to release everything.
They can make more money by making people buy the same DVD/Bluray multiple times.

Look at Lucasarts and all the different Star Wars releases.
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:I never understood why studios have to drip feed extra features material in order for people to double dip. It makes more sense just to release everything.
They can make more money by making people buy the same DVD/Bluray multiple times.

Look at Lucasarts and all the different Star Wars releases.
Of course, I understand from a business point of view. I mean from a practicality point of view. It doesn't make sense and the fans still feel they're missing something.
By One time
d_osborn wrote: November 1st, 2014, 5:29 pm
mrmichaelt wrote:I think this is what the 1st or 2nd collaborative Aykroyd-Ramis script?
No, Ramis and Aykroyd had both been working on the script for a while by 8/88. The earliest mention of a collaborative draft I've seen is 2/88, and Aykroyd even says that it was two-thirds finished by that point.

I know that the 8/5 draft was the first script submitted to ILM and Columbia, though.
mrmichaelt wrote:Does it match your copy or is it another draft?
My script is the draft prior to 8/5. I'm not 100% sure on the date, since it's missing the cover page. The last 10 or 15 pages are from the 8/5 revised draft, though. Just from thumbing through the script that Paul posted, there are definitely some differences. The older draft is around 11 pages longer, too.
The earliest GB2 script that I have seen is the 8/5 one. This earlier version with differences to the 8/5 you mention that's in your posession, did you ever post a link to it? I felt couragous enough to ask because on the last page you mentioned you'd love to scan and share it. I'd love to read it!

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]