Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Alex Newborn

I don't see what these arrows are supposed to be pointing to.

One major purpose of the montage is to show passage of time. The various shots of them asleep are an indication of how exhausted they are after weeks of non-stop busting. There's no reason they should be positioned in the bed the same every time we cut back to the bunks. I don't even sleep in the same position throughout a single night, let alone weeks' worth of them.

Dan's wearing a jacket. He could have worn it on two different days, over similar outfits, while Venkman's outfit more visibly changed. There's no indication that the purchase of the Ecto/hanging of the sign necessarily occurred on the same day Janine started/Dana came to hire them. When we cut from exterior to interior, it's automatically implied there's a passage of brief time. It could as easily be a day as it is just a few minutes.

Alex
By LandoSystem
... my brain. It hurts.
By "belt whatevers" do you mean the green belt on the proton pack? In one shot it's loose on Ray and tight on Venkman, the next it's tight on Ray and loose on Venkman?
Could just be their posture. Of they loosened / tightened it in the elevator.
By Spengler02
Uggh...YES! I'm just pointing out how they switched almost identically and I thought it was funny.
By Spengler02
Good point. Sorry about that!
By Spengler02
Ah, you're right! Next time I'll check for myself! Thanks, Nicko, for pointing that out for me.
By Alex Newborn
LandoSystem wrote:By "belt whatevers" do you mean the green belt on the proton pack? In one shot it's loose on Ray and tight on Venkman, the next it's tight on Ray and loose on Venkman?
Spengler02 wrote:Uggh...YES! I'm just pointing out how they switched almost identically and I thought it was funny.
Ah, now I see what you meant. I was focused on the actual belts and all the gizmos, and not the waist straps of the ALICE frames.

I was being too literal, I guess. I don't think of the waist straps as a belt because they don't actually go all the way around. It's two separate straps that attach to either side of the frame, and snap in the front.

Now that I'm looking at it correctly, though, that is pretty funny when you see it side by side.
LandoSystem wrote:Could just be their posture. Of they loosened / tightened it in the elevator.
I think the position of the waist straps fluctuated differently as they digested their Chinese food.

Venkman ate slower, Stantz was going so fast he barely chewed his food. ;)

So Ray's food was making his belly bulge first, in the lobby. By the time they got up on twelve, Peter's slower digestion was making his belly bulge, while Ray had already needed to cinch back in.

Ahem... From a certain point of view.

Alex
By below_radar_00
Alex Newborn wrote:
LandoSystem wrote:Could just be their posture. Of they loosened / tightened it in the elevator.
I think the position of the waist straps fluctuated differently as they digested their Chinese food.

So Ray's food was making his belly bulge first, in the lobby. By the time they got up on twelve, Peter's slower digestion was making his belly bulge, while Ray had already needed to cinch back in.

Alex
Brilliant!
By Spengler02
Hmmm...Ever notice how the last few things I posted were about Ray...and it's also weird how in school I keep on writing "Elwood Blues" as my name because I'm not paying attention...
By LandoSystem
Alex Newborn wrote:I was being too literal, I guess. I don't think of the waist straps as a belt because they don't actually go all the way around. It's two separate straps that attach to either side of the frame, and snap in the front.

Now that I'm looking at it correctly, though, that is pretty funny when you see it side by side.

Alex
Putting aside the jokes and pretending it wasn't a simple continuity error, let's over-think this a little. I find the straps to be perfectly in character for both of them.
After getting out of the Ecto-1, Ray is so eager to rush in and get started he doesn't appropriately tighten up the belt. He just marches in looking sloppy. Peter, on the other hand, is more concerned with making a grand entrance and looking sharp, so he's sure to tighten and straighten everything.
While in the elevator, Peter starts to relax a little. He loosens his strap like someone would a tie after work then casually strolls around the halls with his pack off and gun holstered.
Ray, however, is anxious and puts his goggles and gloves on, straightens and cinches everything up, gets his pack switched on and leaps into action with his gun drawn.

Also, Ray's belt wasn't just loose or had too much slack. His gloves were tucked into that strap instead of his pistol belt, which caused it to droop. And we see Venkman adjusting something in his belt-area in the elevator. Possibly loosening that strap.
By Spengler02
I never thought of it like that. Heck, all I mostly think about is whether I'll find the right stuff for Halloween costume at JCPenny, or Target. All I need are the shades, the tux coat, a hat and a tie. Oh, and their cool shoes. You know who I'm talking about.
By jackdoud
NickoRay wrote:Can anybody tell me what the gesture/movement that Ray is doing after Peter says, "this chick is toast"? Before they start walking in unison, he adjusts his gloves or something...lol but it's clearly to look badass.
He sets the trap down.
By Venkman's Swagger
NickoRay wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:And then shimmies his shoulders to loosen up for battle
Ah. "Shimmies his shoulders". Lol that's what I was looking for. After he sets the trap down.
Lol glad I could help. Its a strange movement for sure
By Spengler02
Venkman's Swagger wrote:And then shimmies his shoulders to loosen up for battle
I always thought he was doing that to practice for Two Wild and Crazy Guys.
By Spengler02
The first time I saw that it reminded me of the Soul Man video - like Zachary posted - and the second time I watched the movie after that my brother said "Hey, look! Ray's doing the Michael Jackson thing!" Which was followed by a very disappointed and embarrassed me, face palming myself.
By xxbrankxx
I just realized when Ray puts the trap down before the battle with Gozer, he never had the trap with him when they went into the building. Heh just noticed that.
By Spengler02
Damn I can't edit posts any more! Stupid autocorrect turned Zack into Zachary!
By Alex Newborn
xxbrankxx wrote:I just realized when Ray puts the trap down before the battle with Gozer, he never had the trap with him when they went into the building. Heh just noticed that.
Good eye.

He does have it once they get to Dana's door...

So that means at some point as they climbed the stairs, he had to have said, "Dang, I forgot the trap!" gone BACK down the stairs to the Ecto, retrieved one, then caught back up to the other three before they got to the 22nd floor.

Only to not even use the thing.

Hmmm. I've had Ghostbusting days like that myself.

Alex
By Spengler02
I can totally picture that.
By EctoPrimer
He had the trap when they put the packs on (it's slightly out of frame, and hidden by Venkman's arm), and he had it when they fell into the hole. He lost it coming out of the hole however
By Spengler02
Is the cop who arrested the man who shot Buckwheat the same guy as the cop who came with Walter Peck??

By Alex Newborn
The pic doesn't seem to be working, but I found a video of it, and doggone it, it does look like it could be him.

Great catch, Spengler02.

https://screen.yahoo.com/buckwheat-dead ... 00201.html

It's about 90 seconds into the clip. I grabbed a frame.

That gray blob behind him is Eddie Murphy as John David Stutts, Buckwheat's alleged assassin. This was from March 19, 1983, I believe.

I think you can see the cop again at about 5:20 of the clip. Harder to tell in that shot.

Joe Cirillo is the actor's name from Ghostbusters. No listing for an SNL appearance on his imdb page, not that there necessarily would be for what amounts to a quick shot of an extra.

But his bio does say he played a policeman many times, which is no surprise because he had actually been one.

Alex
Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]