Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By bustinforjesus
That's great Zack! Thanks! Do you know if anyone has the whole brochure. I remember there was artwork of Jaws and the Gory makeup show, etc.
By Rhapsody
bustinforjesus wrote:I would love to see if anyone has the whole universal Brochure of that year. Has anyone scanned it?
Somewhere floating around here I have the original 1990 brochure. However, I have this special edition Souvenir Photo Book. It's dated 1991, thus including Back To The Future info and pictures. (These are obviously photos and not artwork as in the first picture on this thread)

For larger and easier to read versions of those pages, just click the links. They're way too big to post here.

Ghostbusters:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/T ... f52d85.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/T ... d8f130.jpg

Back To The Future:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/T ... fbf3cf.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/T ... 8a742e.jpg

I haven't scanned any other pages, but will do so this week if someone wants to see them.
By the way, in some of those links in an above post, there are a couple of inaccuracies as to 'original' on property GBs.
By jettajeffro
I had that book. I remember I used to look at it everyday waiting till the day I could finally go to see it. I went the last year the show was open when they had changed the format. The gift shop had nothing left in it. Never got to see the car or the street show. As an interesting side story when I was an electrician my boss toled me he lived in Florida at that time and worked on the show. Right before it was originally supposed to open the water main broke and ruined everything. They had to rebuild it all with it finally opening 6 months later than planned, pretty much like every Universal attraction back then.

Almost forgot, even back then I was picking apart the innaccuracies of the car, packs, and uniforms.
By bustinforjesus
jettajeffro wrote:I had that book. I remember I used to look at it everyday waiting till the day I could finally go to see it. I went the last year the show was open when they had changed the format. The gift shop had nothing left in it. Never got to see the car or the street show. As an interesting side story when I was an electrician my boss toled me he lived in Florida at that time and worked on the show. Right before it was originally supposed to open the water main broke and ruined everything. They had to rebuild it all with it finally opening 6 months later than planned, pretty much like every Universal attraction back then.

Almost forgot, even back then I was picking apart the innaccuracies of the car, packs, and uniforms.
Wow man that's cool!
By bustinforjesus
I used to have this Universal Video on VHS it actually shows a close up of the universal Spooktacular show at 1:19. I watched this video a hundred times!!!
By river_of_slime
I have a few old skool Universal stuff in my collection.. If I ever get the stuff scan I would love to share it with you all... Last I herd the flightsuits and proton packs are still in storage.
By bustinforjesus
river_of_slime wrote:I have a few old skool Universal stuff in my collection.. If I ever get the stuff scan I would love to share it with you all... Last I herd the flightsuits and proton packs are still in storage.
That's cool! Can't wait to see your scans!
By Rhapsody
bustinforjesus wrote:I found this one...
That first one is Universal's re-creation of The Pantages Theatre.

Here's a picture of the USF GBs in front of that same building.
I've posted this photo before, but it's a bit rare because it comes from one of the initial employee newsletters. Also, that is in fact the one true original USF Winston. YAY. (he's a gem) Any other man that claims he was the original is lying!
He's this guy: http://www.iaapa.org/industry/funworld/ ... hoices.asp

By the way, Linda Blair was indeed there on opening day. Talk about interesting.

Jeff,
Your bosses story confuses me a bit. Hmmm. *thinks*
There was a definite push-back of the originally scheduled soft-opening date, but it was not six months, it was more like six weeks.

Oh, and here is the original staff a few days before opening on June 7, 1990.

Finally, the woman in that video was never actually in the GB USF show. It's always baffled me as to why she's in the video. She appears to be a studio guide .

Umm. I'm going back to my rocking chair now.
By Iggy
Is it just me...or does it look like Gozer is peeing a stream that is capturing the woman?
By bustinforjesus
bustinforjesus wrote:I found this rare Doc Brown commercial for Universal...This is really cool!
I forgot to add that the video has a GB reference at 6:26 Doc Brown and Ghostbusters. Can't get better than that!
By bustinforjesus
Here is The Back To The Future Ride in HD from start to finish Awesome!

Here is Hanna Barbera Ride from Start to finish....

King Kong, not good quality and the guide sounds over dramatic. Gives a good memory to the ride though...
By jettajeffro
It was 6 something. Could have been weeks. The 6 months may have been the Jaws delay, but I thought that one was more like a year. It was the ghosts he said that suffered the most in the damage.

I remember awhile back one of the terror docs went on auction.

My Linda Blair memory is our team meeting her several years ago at a horror fest and her signing our autograph to the Arizona "Ghost Posters". I made her fix it.
By Willie
Wow. This is great stuff to see posted. But I have an idea. A request. Bustin, would you please change the title of this topic to USF Spooktacular Show Artwork ? Or something close to that ? It would help down the road of time. The current title is super vague.
By bustinforjesus
Willie wrote:Wow. This is great stuff to see posted. But I have an idea. A request. Bustin, would you please change the title of this topic to USF Spooktacular Show Artwork ? Or something close to that ? It would help down the road of time. The current title is super vague.
Done. Thanks
Awww. That's Elizabeth. (Being unusually stoic probably due to direction blah-blah for the video)

By the way, the BTTF/ Doc Brown promo is a great find. I've never seen it before.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]