Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By Cythusly
Ordered a pair of the second run of the foam gun grips, they are great! I can't wait to get my metal gun started so I can give these bad boys a real test run.

-Tyler
By AJ Quick
I need to bring it to attention that Rhett Martin (aka HotShotDraw, aka AW Hotshot) has been banned from Proptopia, as well as GB Fans. His foam grips (as well as many other products) were way below par, damaged, poor.. etc. When Rhett was cornered about it at Proptopia... he pretty much told many people to f*** off. He was given several chances to make his products but in the end.. has not.

In addition.. his gun grips, and many other products were recast from other people's work.

Please avoid him at all costs, and put your money into more deserving and better hands. (Funkzilla, Propfan, Namebrand, Exoray, Brock, irricanian, GBFans Shop... etc...).
Cythusly wrote:Ordered a pair of the second run of the foam gun grips, they are great! I can't wait to get my metal gun started so I can give these bad boys a real test run.
Are they still great or have they broken up just as everyone else's has?
Yeah, I should have listened to people about HotShot. The damn things are peeling like mad... if he had coated them in more than a "thin layer" of latex I think they would have held up to the stress of... regular use. Hopefully I will get something done about them, I want to try and make my own from a rigid rubber.

I bought from him, not because I didn't believe everyone, but more because I want to believe that people are good and not con artists... I'm learning!

-Tyler
Cythusly wrote:Yeah, I should have listened to people about HotShot. The damn things are peeling like mad... if he had coated them in more than a "thin layer" of latex I think they would have held up to the stress of... regular use. Hopefully I will get something done about them, I want to try and make my own from a rigid rubber.

I bought from him, not because I didn't believe everyone, but more because I want to believe that people are good and not con artists... I'm learning!

-Tyler
Don't let Hotshot jade your opinion of people Tyler, there's lots of great ,honest sellers out there :) It's unfortunate things ended up this way but he had plenty of chances given. I think the community will be for the better.
Everybody has some good and bad experiences from time to time. I am not condoning what has happened to others in the past, but, for my part, Hotshot has always been pretty nice to me when I needed parts or something.

Let me repeat (before I get slammed on here), I am not condoning what happened to others in the past. I am only speaking from 'personal' dealings with him. I bought a pack and gun kit from him a while back (more than a year ago) and granted the shipping was slow, the pack has held up through my renovations of my home and costume parties.

I will also agree with AJ, there are alot of really nice people like Funkzilla, Namebrand, Exoray, irricanian, and the GBFans Shop that I have dealt with with outstanding results from each of them.
Here I was thinking it was about time I posted my warning about Rhett Martin that I find he's at the top of the list! I'd love to take the opportunity to vent my frustrations over this individual.

I can't say that I'm very skilled with my hands, so I figured I'd take the fear out of making my first proton pack by getting a kit. I saved up my money and bought a gun / pack kit from Rhett off of e-bay. Needless to say, it went quickly sour.

To be brief, what should have been a great experience was wrecked by Rhett's lack of workmanship, unprofessional ism and deceit.

I received my items shipped rather like others, with little care in packaging whatsoever, and they were all damaged beyond my ability to repair. it took FOUR MONTHS of back-and-forth e-mails to get me "some" items shipped. I found the quality of the parts themselves rather poor and simplistic. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to communicate with him, since every e-mail was vague and full of false promises.

If I look at the mistake I made, is that I was trusting. When the items showed up damaged, I put in a complaint with e-bay / paypall. Rhett managed to convince me he'd fix the problem, and not having the money would severly interfere with his life. I took his word and retracted the complaint. Soon I found myself stuck with the faulty pack, as he went beyond the 60 day time limit you have to launch a complaint. I was soon at the point where I would have to deal with VISA and their credit goons to get what I wanted.

When the part finally showed up, it wasn't what we discussed, nor what he promised. It'll take more time to repair the pack and gun than I think it would be to scratch-build!

I wouldn't wish that anyone dealt with Rhett. I've made on-line purchases for 9 years and this was quite simply the worst transaction I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Jason Rhind,
Brampton, Ontario
Canada
By TeeJayVelorian
He wants to sell me a built pair of GB2 goggles for $85 but I can't find any feedback or information on them. The photos of the goggles look really great but I haven't seen use face plate or inside the goggles yet.. just playing it smart before I decide to buy.

Anyone have any information? I noticed Hobby Farm was brought up in the blacklist page which makes me worry...
By AJ Quick
That's Rhett Martin.

He recast a bunch of stuff from other sellers years ago and then claimed ignorance. The RPF turns a blind eye to his past history and encouraged him to continue on.

He's been on the Blacklisted Sellers List since 2008 or so: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =31&t=6431

Here is the the specific Feedback thread for him: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =32&t=2572

I believe the quality of his parts has improved, but it will be up to you to make a conscience decision to buy from him or not.
By TeeJayVelorian
Yeah I almost made the purchase today till reading online of his past history here with building and shipping problems and on RPF, not to mention the help of you guys... so I politely wrote to him today saying No Thanks and that I wasn't interested anymore.
I got a big "Thanks for nothing!!" reply.... so happy I didn't buy, because I'd never want to support such a rude and careless builder.
nick-a-tron liked this
By LandoSystem
I've posted about my run-ins with this shiester in the past and they've all been long-winded and it makes peoples eyes glass over. So I'm going to make this as short as I can.

Dealing with Hobby Farm / Hotshot was the single worst prop buying experience I've ever had on every conceivable level. I will never do business with him again and, if I can help it, I'll never speak to or about him again.

In December I approached Hotshot to do a light weight, foam video game style proton pack.

We worked out a delivery date of mid to late Feb. He was hosting build parties at his home two weekends in Feb. One in the middle of the month and one at the end. I was told it would be ready by, "If not the first weekend then definitely the second." I told him repeatedly and in great detail it was very important to have it by a Con in mid March. Someone literally died so I could attend this show. This deadline was part of the original deal. I was going to use it in my marriage proposal.

Those dates came and went and no pack was delivered.

During this time he was managing a large run of an unrelated product on theRPF instead of working on my pack.

We arranged pickup for the Monday before the big Con.

Monday - couldn't deliver because it wasn't ready.

By now communication had turned odd. He had always been pleasant enough but it became apparent it was bullshit. His nice guy facade was cracking and he was making bizarre and offputting comments.

Tuesday - couldn't deliver because he claimed he had to travel 4 hours out of his way to get red gels for the cyclotron lenses. Seriously.

Wednesday - he said the ion arms collapsed and he couldn't deliver. He said he was being rushed and tried to blame us for his mistake. He had months to do this work and it was weeks past his original deadline but somehow we were rushing him.

Thursday - he told us they would be delivered. 100% with no chance there would be a problem. He agreed to meet us at a certain place (3 hour round trip for each of us) very early in the morning.

He didn't show up. He didn't answer calls or texts, didn't answer facebook messages, pm's on theRPF or posts on theRPF.
He claimed he was too busy working on the pack the night before and overslept. He didn't make any attempt to talk to us until over 3 hours after our scheduled pick up time.

I told him I knew he was a liar and that he was nowhere near finishing the pack. I told him he'd made too many transparent excuses and lied too often and the time for diplomacy was over.

I filed a paypal claim against him. I felt he was not to be trusted and had given up on getting my pack and feared my money would never be returned.

He called me a bully and threw a tantrum and said he'd never work with me again. He responded to my paypal claim with a series of outright fabrications and paypal ruled in his favor.

A few weeks later he met a friend of mine (who had the same experience as me but ordered 2 packs totaling over a thousand dollars) and finally delivered the product.

After everything, I did end up with an ugly, junky pack that had more problems than it's worth. See this thread for details about that:
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=39244

The stress this transactions caused in the lead up to this Con (and proposal) and the emotional highs and lows of being promised a product then denied it... it was just all too much to deal with. Then there was the constant stream of lies and excuses I had to endure, and having him try to spin it like it was my fault was just stomach turning and pathetic. It was a headache when I believed I had been defrauded for over $800. When he lied and twisted the facts with paypal to deny my refund it cemented his character, or lack thereof.

He's full of platitudes and he's good at playing the victim. Nothing is ever his fault, his excuses are always laughably bad and he places no value in his word or the promises he's made. He cannot be trusted, his products are very low quality and he gives this hobby a bad name.
Thanks for the feedback on him. Can't believe he is still allowed at the RPF after doing this kind of thing over and over.

I have merged the Hobby Farm thread with the Rhett Martin thread so everyone is aware of his past.
I really can't stress enough just how shoddy those stunt packs are.
They're basically plastidip and spray foam.

They're incredibly fragile. The added parts like the ion arm and anything that isn't cast on the pack split and break off easily thanks to the squishy and flexible nature of the shell and mobo.
The shell itself has thin spots and likes to split and crack very easily.
The lights on the pack shine through the foam shell and there are light leaks all over.
His wands are so cheap you can crush them with one hand. My wand split in half the first night I had it.
His weathering is usually sloppy and blotchy and his paint jobs are laughable.
They require constant maintenance and look terrible after very few troops (if not immediately) due to repairs.

It's tempting due to the low price point and they look ok in pictures (while he has them) but they are so disappointing and a total waste of money. It's nearly impossible to repair these without making them look like junk. I thought maybe I could salvage one with decent parts but it's a waste of time.

Do yourself a favor and save a few hundred extra bucks and buy a kit from someone who won't rip you off and actually knows how to build props.
Just to let you guys know I had some bad experiences with Reth the past month too. I ordered a Harry Potter SkeleGro bottle from his etsy shop, and he just didn't deliver. Had to file a paypal claim to get my money back.

The quality of what he sells is really low too. And besides that he's also a really awfull person. Never going to deal with him again, and I hope nobody will...
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]