Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
This topic was created to leave feedback for Rhett Martin.

Current Status: Banned / Blacklisted for Recasting.

Known Aliases
-Rhett Martin (real name)
-HotShotDraw
-AW Hotshot
-hobby_farm_studios (eBay)
-Hotshot (RPF)
-RJMartin1701 (Instagram)
-StantzIndusties (Etsy)

For examples of what he sells see this PDF: http://www.gbfans.com/Rhett.pdf

Please leave feedback for this person if you have completed a transaction with them recently. Remember to keep things factual and relavent to the discussion. Do not comment if you do not have a reason to (ex. you haven't had a transcation with them), and remember once a comment is submitted you will not be able to edit it. We also do not remove feedback unless it violates a rule, so do not be afraid to leave an honest opinion!
Well, I had dealings with Rhett Martin, aka: HotShotDraw. It wasn't a totally pleasing experience.

Here's the deal: I hired him to build a proton gun and ghost trap. The total was $480. I paid him a $200 downpayment. Too, I ordered the props several months prior to Halloween.

About August, I bought a Hyperdyne light kit for him to install for me. I offered to pay, he rebutted that he could use the experience and wouldn't charge me. Cool.

Late September, I was getting antsy, emailed him, asked when to expect the items, he promised, 2 weeks. I replied that was good as I had parties to go to the 2 weekends before Halloween.

2nd week of Oct. and still no props. He promised they had been sent, but kept "ignoring" my requests for a tracking number. Nothing. Finally, with a week to go, he says he had been waiting for a "green tube" so that I could have an "accurate" prop. Whatever, just send my props, please.

Finally, the Friday before Halloween, after he promised he had sent the items overnite via USPS (for those of you who know, USPS DOESN'T OFFER overnite delivery), I called the local USPS to find the package, luckily, was at their station, set for Sat delivery. I went ahead and picked it up.

Rhett packed the items in a cramped, at best box. And, instead of bubblewrap and/or peanuts, he wadded up newspaper and stuffed them into the box. This may have well been packed in wood blocks. The items, needless to say, were destroyed in transit. Absolutely useless.

SO, I email him. I was pissed, and told him so. He could have cared less. Basically, "I have your money, tough crap." He didn't even insure the items (except for the standard USPS $100 insurance ... which wouldn't even cover the loss of my $165 Hyperdyne light kit!) And, BTW, he mounted that wrong, and with the wrong front light set....

He finally offered to fix them at my expense and on his time schedule. And, he promised that USPS was sending me a check as he had filed the measly $100 claim. The check NEVER arrived. And, he quit returning emails. So, I refused the charges on my credit card. Now, he's claiming not to have the items back, and is appealing the reimbursement. Yet, I can't send them back because he refuses to email me his address. Basically, he is forcing the reversal of the refund and is forcing me to accept the delivery of broken props which he refuses to fix. He could, at least, send a partial refund ... if he were a reputable and trustworthy businessman.

As for the parts, shoddy and poorly crafted at best. Parts of the ghosttrap were incorrectly cut, the wheels didn't roll, the pedal was garbage BEFORE it was broken, the gun body looked too flimsy to even carry (as the only things holding it together were the wires from the hyperdyne kit after it was broken), and the barrel lights were wrong and dim.

At first, before he had my full payment, Rhett was pleasant to deal with. But, when the chips were down, he took my money and stuck me with useless, broken garbage. I wouldn't recommend ANYONE buy from this crook. (BTW, I've had dealings with Jeremy Moore, some good, some bad, but, in the end, he's ALWAYS done the right thing.)

So there.
By christphern
*edited due to recent events. See my post below.

Chris
Last edited by christphern on January 25th, 2006, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By christphern
Well, a bit of an update to my last post. (yes, it was quick, I know) Joel and I are trying to work everything out. He's going to try sending another bumper. I'll keep everyone updated on how it turns out.

It would seem that it's a matter of the post office misplacing the parcels. If that's the case, I'll change my review to reflect that.

Chris
By ice11red
I am not saying this is the case in your situation or making excuses for the guy, but Ive had problems shipping stuff from the United States just to Canada. I shipped UPS and they required a couple forms plus an invoice to know exactly what is being shipped, what its made of, what it does, etc. It was not only a pain in the ass but also time consuming trying to get exactly what Canadian customs wanted. The company I work for ships a ton of stuff on a day to day basis through them so we have our own equipment from them to make labels. Not like a one time thing. Also, this was being held at the local hub, I can just imagine how crazy customs is. And for the record, I was shipping tail lights for an Aero Piper, not something unidentifiable such as a bumper. Then again, who knows! Maybe the guy is a dead beat. Guess only time will tell.
By secrecyguy
I think we can now take Jermey Moore off the list as the worst prop maker.

I know he makes them differently now so I have no opinion of his work now.

We can now safely add Hotshot to the list now as the worst prop maker.

http://www.gbprops.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1870
By DDevil192
Worst prop maker ever!?!?! little harsh much? Jesus Christ......thats really mean, harsh, he tries, and gives it his all and has made really decent and practical changes to his products and i give him credit, also his shipping situation has improves TREMENDOUSLY he is really on the ball now-a-days. sorry but thats how i feel bout it, say ur peace but dont be mean to be mean.

Griff
By Onkelpsycho
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I hear this for the fist time ever...

Im very... uhm.... confused...

I saw often Hotshots Kits on ebay... The look good... So I think about to get a pack and a trap kit.

Well, in Proptopia Forum no-one talked about Hotshots bad work, so I read this stuff for the first time... In ebay people are very happy with their kits...

So, maybe AW Studios use the break positive, to make their kits better looking... but all this makes me very, very confused, and I start to think about... I dont want to offend Hotshot, but all this shit here looks like a very clear situation...

Maybe one reason, he dont talked to me the last week, although HE pm'd me, because I search for the GB belt and before that I ask some questions about his kits...

And because I'm located in Germany it can be an unfriendly surprise, what arrives here... So at the moment I dont really know what to do. I think I should wait, and collect some money... If I get enough I can still think about what to do...

At the moment and all the negative feedback of AW Studios, I will think about and maybe look for alternatives...
By egon's_contraption
DEFINITELY not the worst prop maker in the community. That's a very radical statement to make. I own two proton packs, a trap, and goggles all made by Rhett. We had a few go arounds and it took a while to get my props, but I was very happy with them once I got them. I DID have to make some repairs to them as they were damaged in shipping.

Part of the problem is he allowed himself to get bogged down by more orders than someone with his experience and amount free time probably should have.

He did not stiff me, however, and I am happy with the product. One of my guns was nearly demolished when I got it, and I was able to make only good enough repairs to get me through October. It came apart after Halloween, BUT he's currently building me another wand to make up for it. It looks great so far.

So once again...give the guy a break.
By Disney4845
I have had the same deal with him. I bought under the AW studios name and they sent me only the plastic vacuformed parts and no instructions, switches, and was missing a few other parts. They kept saying well send it right out but nothing ever happened. The one guy scott said that they broke up their partnership and rhett has all the stuff now. so i have been trying to at least get what he owed me for the past 6 months which i should have disputed this a long time ago and now i guess my time has run out to complain to ebay or paypal. Any other suggestions?

so now rhett is unter the hotshotdraw name on ebay and his email is hotshotdraw@yahoo.com

want his email?

here is what scott had sent to me:

You will need to contact Rhett Martin (hotshotdraw@yahoo.com). He WAS my partner on the Ghostbuster props. He and I are no longer working together. Your situation was one of the final straws for me. I have spent the last 3 weeks trying to work out arrangments for he and I to split assets. Unfortunately, this has been difficult, as we have yet to come to an agreement on splitting the assets and making sure all customers products have been shipped.. Rhett physically has all of the Ghostbuster parts, molds, etc. Since they are in his possession, I do not have access to them. He is also known as AW Hotshot on Proptopia.com and Hotshot on GBProps.com. I believe Rhett will be continuing to sell GB props on his own (he recently had an auction up for a GB Stunt Trap under his Hotshot or Hotshotdraw eBay account).. Since he currently has the missing parts you did not recieve in your kit, he would be the best person to contact.

I apologize for not alerting you sooner, but this situation with him has been very trying and draining on me. I will try to communicate to him again about sending your parts, but I am not sure if it will do me any good. You best bet may be to contact him directly.

Regards,

Scott
By hotshotdraw
While I understand your frustration, the fact that you've threatened police action as well as personally arriving at my door over switches and a piece of plastic for your pack kit (all you were missing according to your third-to-last email), you should know that all missing parts were shipped prior to the AWS split, and are no longer offered by myself. All 2.0 molds have either kicked or been destroyed for future use as filler for the 3.0 molds.

You should be able to get switches at any Radio Shack and the plastic at any Hobby shop.

Also, posting the news of the AWS split is not your place to do, but is mine, or the other two gents responsibilty.

As for that subject, all matters have been resolved, and we're all still doing work together, and remain close friends.

Again, I understand your frustration.

For those who read these feedback quotes, good or bad, please bear in mind that many of them are from Halloween's past, and represent practices I no longer use and have worked hard to correct, and will be correcting for some time.

For those who think about buying anything from me in the future via eBay (only), I ask that you view my most current feedback there, and judge for yourself!
By gb_dan
He showed up at your door for some damn switches? It probably cost him more in gas to drive to your house than it would have to go to freaking Radio Shack to spend $4.00
By Disney4845
No i didnt go there, i said is that what it would take to get what i was owed. It was a statement about how I felt. Instructons, buttons, switches, hoses, decals, and some other parts that were not included after six+ months of back and fourth emails from them saying we will get it to you and ups was screwing up their shipping. Nothing i was owed ever made it to me and i was pissed, you would be to if you spent $400 on a box of plastic like the pics you have seen from other guys that are disappointed. Im not even sure what else i am missing because i cant tell what alot of the stuff is.

Im not going to go to radio shack and other places to get crap im owed. I didnt realize that part of the auction entailed paying for stuff and then I have to go get it myself. If you think I would drive hours for that crap you disappoint me. Everyone else here has voiced their opinion and i have the right to as well. Thats what forums are for.
By matt23matt
I ordered a shell from him about a month ago, he said he would send shipping information and he never did. And now he wont return any emails or anything......I'm very close to filling a complaint through paypal to get my money back. And like everyone else has said, he great to deal with before your transaction, but after that he goes down hill. Poor business man if you ask me
By Disney4845
Yes report immediately. I unfortunately waited to long ccause i had faith in people. I feel your pain. I thought this would have stopped already.
By matt23matt
so my stuff arrived today, and he even game mea new gunbox, a trigger box and the thing to make the googles. Maybe you just need to threaten him a little bit

BUt everything is here, just a little dusty

Matt
By Disney4845
Hey great, you are one of the lucky ones. Good luck with it. id like to know how it turns out. All my stuff is still sitting in a box. did you ever get a email reply?
By matt23matt
no he never sent an email reply, and he did use the paypal shipping, but it never showed up under my paypal thing. But it took 2-3 weeks to get it, So maybe hes just that behind, but either way he should answer emails

Hope every gets their stuff
By bobataff
hi rhett i see that your now back online

so whats the deal with my pack and gun mate you know its been a while and i have been very patiant with you and agreed to everything in waiting for the new pack

but you did say you would ship it on the the of last month

so is it onits way ???
if so is there any tracking number for me ??

you now im in a bit of a mess with my mate over here about his

so please get in touch with me asap

jay germany
By hotshotdraw
PM sent/replied to.

Working as fast as possible for your mate. Give him a chuck on the shoulder for me, would ya? Let him know they'll be a surprise in the kit for you both.

Thanks!
By hotshotdraw
PMD you your tracking.

This has been a great Halloween. I'm so happy i'm able to get thes to everyone. While a little behind, all the foreign oredrs went out, and I'll be shipping the domestic stuff this week. All kits are going out preassembled too!

IF you have any propblems, contact me ASAP! I'll be lurking as much as possible!
Thanks!
By CAZAFANTASMA
Ok Fellas, i got my item 2 days ago , and i´m in ECUADOR! He send my kit to miami where i have a private mail box and they shipped it really fast!
I got my tracking number afther a week of purchase, and a week later it came!!!!!

I´m very happy with my kit. I´ll do a pictorial review in the Ecto googles section.
I just would like to point out this:

-i didn´t get any pictorial instructions (as discrived in the auction) but that doesn´t worry me, because i´ll get help from U guys... and this forum!!!!
-The snaps to secure the straps on the head came broken (i´ll buy new ones, no problem they are cheap)
-There is a litle crack on the plate where the lenses go over the frame... but no worries, i´ll fill it with some car epoxy glue.

A good advice to Reth would be to buble wrap the googles, because it came with only a bag sealed with air inside... so provably that´s why it cracked...

So, I¨m Happy with my purchase , because finally i WILL have a screen accurate Ecto googles for this Halloween!!!!

Thanks RETH!!!!!!!! U the man!

Sal
By hotshotdraw
Sorry bout the cracking . .I'm having the saem problem with mine, so I feel your pain. A little epoxy putty works wonders in the interor. Can't wait to see you pics!
By hotshotdraw
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I thought I'd post this so folks quit asking and AJ can stop having to lock threads.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... TRK:ME:UFS

I should note, that the Negative was a buyer who later wished he hadn't done that, as he was happy with his item. Unfortunatly he was part of the "Halloween Postal Massacare" that myself and those customers had to endure.

The Neutral feedback was supposed to be a positive. Anyone else hate the new feedback system? I've almost left a few accidental nuetrals myself.

Anyway, as always, questions are welcome, and the new product line will soon be released. See you then!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]