Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By Batfly
He's selling PH-25 resistors for $77 a piece! I enquired to why he calls these rare and with such a mark up and sent him a link to a search with average prices of $6 to $15. His response was less than professional:

"why do you bother me with this nonsense? Go buy an inaccurate resistor with rings off google and leave me alone.
I've been selling the highest quality GB parts you can find anywhere for over 4 years and don't care about your false opinion. "

I searched for his name here and see he's blacklisted. Figures. I bought a less than $15 resistor and it has no disc on top. What a richard! Just an instance of my encounter with him. Alos, isn't that ribbon up there a bit short? Hopefully not .
twmedford23 liked this
Batfly wrote:Alos, isn't that ribbon up there a bit short? Hopefully not .
As my build has progressed I've been thinking the same, but luckily I have one from Ejgunth as well. So either way I'm covered.

Won't be buying from him again..
By Batfly
Just got this in... Too funny!

"New message from: nerd_in_you (40)

I dont care what about your false opinion, your inaccurate resistor or your poor eye for accuracy, and no im not on any blacklist, not that it would matter even if i was since Gbfans is a well known cesspool in the prop making world that runs on jealousy and selling people inaccurate knock offs and cookie cutter proton packs for way too much money.. I sell on therpf all the time and other places without any problems as well, sites that are truly respected. Besides, all the well known GB proppers that build the only truly accurate props out there are all my friends, youve probably bought my parts thru other people anyway. lol

Anyways, thanks for your rant.. I dont care if you were a "potential customer", as far as im concerned you werent the second you messaged me with that first nonsense. Youve been blocked ever since from buying from me, no sweat off my back."
By Batfly
A new new one, hope this doesn't become a pattern.

Steer clear of this ego!

Also, i see the pointless childish typical gbfans drama you are trying to start in their feedback section.. Good, makes it easy for me to show all the good sellers out there who you are so they flag you. Have fun dealing with Gbfan clowns

Btw, my cables are longer than they need to be, you need less than 2 feet, i provide people with over 2 feet and they are the most well made cables out there.. Good thing they are shorter too, makes noob builders like you not use way more than you need to like with one of those awful looking EJgunth cables or any ofmy other competition that poorly tries to replicate my method

Have a nice day drama queen."

I never replied to the one before this. I guess he added it when he found this thread?
By twmedford23
That's too funny. Does he not realize that you're going to post these messages on here? He sounds like a real class act. No wonder he's blacklisted. At one point, I was considering one of his GB1 ribbon cables. It definitely sounds like a dodged a bullet. I wonder if anyone's purchased his $500 Legris elbows yet? :roll:
Batfly wrote:A new new one, hope this doesn't become a pattern.

Steer clear of this ego!

Also, i see the pointless childish typical gbfans drama you are trying to start in their feedback section.. Good, makes it easy for me to show all the good sellers out there who you are so they flag you. Have fun dealing with Gbfan clowns

Btw, my cables are longer than they need to be, you need less than 2 feet, i provide people with over 2 feet and they are the most well made cables out there.. Good thing they are shorter too, makes noob builders like you not use way more than you need to like with one of those awful looking EJgunth cables or any ofmy other competition that poorly tries to replicate my method

Have a nice day drama queen."

I never replied to the one before this. I guess he added it when he found this thread?
Kingpin liked this
By westies14
For what it's worth, I've only had pleasant dealings with Kenny over several years now - many recent purchases, same good experiences. I also had the opportunity to compare his ribbon cable to several others in a lineup to select the best one for the Venkman hero pack I posted a couple days ago, and it was the best of the lot. No rubbing/skidding of the striped wires' color inside the sheath, all legit wires (no markered wires), and the best shrink assembly of the bunch. It was plenty long; we had to trim several inches inside the pack.

Were there shipping delays? Yeah, sometimes! Not only do I not mind much (others may feel more urgency with their orders) but he was straight up about each delay and even went the extra mile to make the delays up to us when the orders did ship. Kenny knows his stuff, and he's always done right by me.
Sephiroth, zeta otaku liked this
By AJ Quick
I want to clarify that he is not blacklisted.

He is banned from the site, however.

The emails he sent Batfly should show you the reasons why...

It will be up to you to decide if you wish to do business with him or not.
By Batfly
Sorry and thanks for the correction, he's banned not blacklisted, I apologize on my confusion. He sent yet another email then asked to be left alone. Hopefully it was the last. I will recognize be did have quite the favorable opinion before he... I don't even know what to call it. Anyway, this is just my experience. Take out for what it's worth. But yeah, he's banned not blacklisted. Sorry again. Didn't mean to mislead.
By abaka
I've had numerous dealings with Kenny and never had any issues....At this stage I'd consider him a friend and he's taught me a lot in regards to the finer details of the packs... I've parted with a lot of money to him but he's done me a lot of favours also...As for the resistors...If he's selling them they will be 100% accurate whereas modern found pieces might be only 99% accurate. To some people like myself and I know a lot of others who feel the same....That mark up is justified.

In regards to your messaging him complaining about his price...Why do that? If you don't like his price, move on. Nobody is forcing you to buy it...A lot of places in prop communities have a rule that you don't question the sellers price, if you don't like it...Don't comment and move on. That should be respected.

Yes, he can be a bit passionate and that can rub people the wrong way....But in fairness you probably irked him with your message criticising him....And as AJ said he's not blacklisted. He was banned for personality clashes with certain members but he has never been accused of any shady dealing, failure to deliver products or recasting. He's still an active contributor on RPF and a lot of Facebook Buy n Sell pages...
By abaka
twmedford23 wrote:That's too funny. Does he not realize that you're going to post these messages on here? He sounds like a real class act. No wonder he's blacklisted. At one point, I was considering one of his GB1 ribbon cables. It definitely sounds like a dodged a bullet. I wonder if anyone's purchased his $500 Legris elbows yet?:roll:
Yes, I bought 3 sets of them.
By westies14
I just bought my third set from him too. If you've got a far less expensive source for them, by all means let us know! Kenny worked hard to source that stuff. I imagine the hourly rate doesn't work out great, honestly. It can take weeks, months, years of real dedication to find some of these vintage parts.
By Batfly
He had a chance to explain to me why they were rare and marked up. It's why I asked. I just asked why he says they are rare when I could find them for cheaper. That's it. He went off and personally insulted me. I even said I could have been a potential customer. To me that is ego. Then I found out who he was from searches and that was that. This isn't a thread about me and I shouldn't have to defend myself. This is a thread about his feedback and dealings with him. That was my dealing with him. I won't have anymore with him from my experience so I need not post in here anymore. Any further clarification can be discussed over pm.
AJ Quick liked this
By Batfly
Last thing, I know I wouldn't post in this thread again, but I felt bad and reached out to him apologizing for anything on my end and that I had a sincere question at first. We've smoothed things over and the air is clear. So let it be known he responded well and pleasantly to an open letter/olive branch if you will. Apparently, what was said up there about the high end replicas community was correct. I had unknowingly committed a faux pas by adding why they were considered rare. Learning lesson. I believe responses could have been better from either end. I cooled down and he listened and things are good now. That's commendable in my book.
WOW! What a mix bag of reviews! I am very new to the site and wish I had read this prior to ordering my cables from him a week ago on eBay . It's been six days since I paid him in full and not a word from him. I've sent him two messages recently and he still has not replied.
I'm a bit concerned although if he doesn't send me the cables I know eBay will be able to refund my money.
Ugh. What is it with people and shipping or returning messages or phone calls in a timely manner???
Suchibu wrote:You will get your cable from him.
Apparently he doesn't think the same way as you. A week and a half later he has ignored all of my eBay messages and still has refused to ship my order!
:evil:
Yes, well tomorrow will be two weeks, and since then I have orders parts from Californa, UK and even China and all of those items have arrived!
This is just poor business practice and I'm sorry no ego is worth this. There are plenty of fish in the sea and this guy will learn that the hard way now.
Filing my dispute against him on PayPal and eBay today.

So any respectable sellers selling the GB1 cables???

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]