By JonXCTrack
I went to a costume contest last weekend with a friend (we won, easily). As we were leaving some drunk guy accidentally bumped into me and caused my mattel trap to fall off of the holster. One of the faux hexbolts on the sides of the trap is now all mangled. Yes, I know that it was stupid to use the mattel trap in a crowded space, but I wanted to win the contest and don't have a completed trap build yet.

Does anyone have any idea how to go about fixing this? I considered cutting it off and gluing in a real metal hexbolt. Just curious if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks!
By tb-1599
JonXCTrack wrote: November 1st, 2018, 4:18 pm I went to a costume contest last weekend with a friend (we won, easily). As we were leaving some drunk guy accidentally bumped into me and caused my mattel trap to fall off of the holster. One of the faux hexbolts on the sides of the trap is now all mangled. Yes, I know that it was stupid to use the mattel trap in a crowded space, but I wanted to win the contest and don't have a completed trap build yet.

Does anyone have any idea how to go about fixing this? I considered cutting it off and gluing in a real metal hexbolt. Just curious if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks!
I don't have a Matty ghost trap but what you suggested is exactly what I would do.
By WindDrake
Cut it off, fill the damage with epoxy putty. Sand, paint, then drill & tap for a short socket head cap screw of the appropriate size. Should clean up fine.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]