So I'm a bit insomniac tonight and I decided to work on my first(I have 2) spirit trap. For the time being I plan on doing cosmetic work to it only. On the side where the battery compartment is, I wasnt happy with how that looked so I cut the knob off that was molded into the side and then I cut the plating down to an almost proper size and then put a fake resistor over what was already on the plate. I then cut out of styrene a full side plate to cover the side where the battery compartment is and then used screws to put into place, that way i can still access the batteries. It's still a work in progress but this is what I have so far. I took the 2 red rods off and plan on using the spare red rods that I have from my matty trap since my matty trap is done up as a GB2 version. If anyone has any suggestions, of course drop them down below. If anyone else is modding their traps, post it in here as well. I plan on repainting the entire trap except for the doors when I'm finished with the modding. It's a wip and so far I'm enjoying this project. Thanks spirit halloween for mass producing these traps that people can now afford
NickFame13, freemooseshow, robandliv and 1 others liked this
The plate with the side knob on the gold resistor sides looks a little low when compared to the Trap from the Sedgewick:

-And should be closer in height to the vector plate. The "knob plate" being shorter appears more in-line with a Ghostbusters II Ghost Trap.

I would suggest, if it's easy to change, flipping the plate around 180 degrees, as the knob should be closer to the back of the Trap, rather than the front.
NickFame13 liked this
Oh damn, I think you're right. I'm not sure what picture I was staring at in my insomniac state. Damn I'll have to try and fix that alil later and hopefully get it right Now I have no idea what it was I was looking at. I think I was basing this off an old trap kit that i have but canabalized and kept off to the side for parts.
Ok so I've decided to do a little work to this trap to rectify a big boo boo I made so I made a new side panel and this is what I have so far. I just have the vector plate and the other plate with the small knob resting on it until i have everything finalized. I really wanted to reuse the vector plate that came with the trap, but since they have the resistor molded into the plate, I cant move the resistor to one side as kingpen pointed out. Just wondering now what should I use to replace the vector. On 2nd thought, I have a plan. Standby

Maybe the shop on this page have them, or possibly Ebay. I pulled a few parts off an old junk trap I had that was destroyed from a flood and I refused to throw away parts. It's coming in handy with this mod project. My 2nd trap will get a similar treatment to this but will be a GB2 version. I envision these 2 traps will just be hero traps for me
ghostengineer wrote:Maybe the shop on this page have them, or possibly Ebay. I pulled a few parts off an old junk trap I had that was destroyed from a flood and I refused to throw away parts. It's coming in handy with this mod project. My 2nd trap will get a similar treatment to this but will be a GB2 version. I envision these 2 traps will just be hero traps for me
They've been "out of stock" in the gbfans shop for years. It's a saved search on Ebay for me but I haven't had any luck.
Awesome work so far! I plan on doing some cosmetic changes as well.

I bought the pointed ratheon knob the other day, but I don't have anything else quite yet. I love the GBII silver knob look, but I don't know the exact size or part number for it. I also want to pick up the front knobs or some reproductions, but those have proven to be really difficult to figure out as well.

I'd love to know more about your technique to make the trap look so smooth after cutting off components. Are you just using bondo or something?
After I cut the knob off, I bought styrene sheets from a hobby shop and cut a piece of styrene to cover the entire side and then placed the vector plate and other plate with the small knob on top of that. I then used small screws to hold the styrene into place, that way when the batteries still need to be replaced, I can still access them.
I've done just alil work recently. I took off the vector plate that I was going to use because I didnt like how it looked after all of the cutting so I used styrene plus some other bits to make it look close. I did painting although I need to touch up bleed through etc. I installed the red bars from the matty trap. I believe this trap looks much better. Still have a few more things to do like touching up but I believe I got it looking good and believable.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]