By johnminterc
Can anyone tell me how to make or where to get the black plastic piece that goes around the light meter on the front of the trap? Just the small part that fits into the bigger metal piece hole
By Theoderic
Hi there

well i don't know if there's something like that to be found anywhere actually. Most of the trap-builds i've seen so far just create something alike it from scratch - that's what i did as well. I found some piecs of black plastics-material (some old vhs-videotape cover-flap) and just carefully cut it into shape using an xacto-blade, fine drills an keymaker files.

Ok - it's quite fiddly (well - actually it's a total pain in the a** to do.... the frame will be like 1mm thickness), but it can be done and will give you a fitting custom-frame for whatever your trap bargraph will be.

Another method may be cutting one of those riffled clear cd-cases sidepiece to shape and sanding down an outer rim of 1mm to get rid of the riffles, then paint it black afterwards to get a pretty nice lens&frame assembly to cover your bargraph up with.

See - it's just all about how willing (some may call it madness) you are, to do some extremely fiddly works, but building a trap isn't for the rough-handed builders either i'd say.

my 2 cents
johnminterc liked this
By noslliT
It's an eaton roto-tellite indicator light.
My Photobucket pictures aren't linking so I'll hijack Bromie's excellent semi hero gun build
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40690&p=4851732&hil ... e#p4851732

The GB2 traps used that indicator as well as the semi hero proton guns. It's got 2 holes in the back for midget flange bulbs. It just lit up solid with no animation.
The GB1 hero trap used the same animated bargraph that was on the GB1 hero guns.

Hope this helps
johnminterc, Hijacker liked this
By johnminterc
Thanks for the advice! I left the ripples I think it looks cool over the light meter inside also where can I see your trap build? I love to see any and all ghost trap builds
By Theoderic
You're welcome - that looks really nice, good work.

I haven't got taken proper photos of my final trap yet, i might go for my own build-thread one day (took quite a lot of pics during the building process, though), but i haven't gotten the time to put it all prepped and up for now... well - maybe one day ... :wink:

Oh - here's a wip-pic, that might give you a bit of impression of my wood 'n metal scratchbuilding:

Greetings!
Mathew_impact1 liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]