I've been making a start on a pedal to go with my trap build, and while viewing the GB1 BluRay, I noticed quite a few differences between the gb1 and gb2 pedals that don't seem to be reflected in the pedal builds I've seen. Ive posted a screen cap to show the differences in my trap thread. (viewtopic.php?p=4860298#p4860298)

Does anyone have any better quality screen grabs or even better pics of the actual prop (if they exist that is!)
The GB1 pedal used with the hero trap in the ballroom was later paired with a semi-hero trap from GB2; they were sold together a few years ago through Profiles in History. The trap is currently on display at the EMP Museum in Seattle.

I'll have some clearer photos of the pedal in a few days that one of our members took when she visited the museum last month.
Thanks for posting i've not managed to find any other pictures of the GB1 pedal thus far! I look forward to seeing the clearer pictures :)

From the picture you've posted you can make out a fair few differences to the GB2 version. The 26 pin connector looks to be a lighter grey/white and there's electrical tape on the pedal vector plate. Looks like they straightened up the banjo though!

I'm not sure if it's my eyes, but the foster connector definitely looks like it's mounted lower than most folks seem to drill theirs?
damster117 wrote: It looks like the electrical tape was a later addition as it's clearly not present in the Sedgewick scene I grabbed this shot from.
The gaff tape on the pedal was likely a later repair. Not only were the actors really hard on these props, but the poor pedals took a literal stomping! :)
Demon Vice Commander wrote: I'll have some clearer photos of the pedal in a few days that one of our members took when she visited the museum last month.
DVC, were you ever able to get a hold of those clearer pictures? I'd love to study this without flying cross country!

The trap wasn't easy to photograph (low light, behind glass, no flash allowed), but there are already several details that have come to light in regards to the GB1 Hero pedal.

1. The pedal base appears to be a bit thicker than the 1/2" seen on the GB2 Semi-Hero pedal that was at Planet Hollywood; it might possibly have a base on the underside, judging from the thin line running along the bottom.

2. It looks like there's some sort of channel or section cut out of the top surface of the pedal base underneath the vector plate, possibly serving as some connection point for the red and yellow 5/32" tubing.

3. The white label has completely different text from the Planet Hollywood trap ("AGAINST METER", different numbers, etc.).

A bit blurry, but you can make out the numbers on the card connector: 52 1126 9 1 Y

You can clearly see the hex head bolts on the card connector.

Unlike the Planet Hollywood GB2 pedal, the notch on the rear of the pedal base is centered and not offset.

...and just for consistency, the original photo taken by Profiles in History...
westies14, damster117, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
Thank you so much for posting these! Though instead of saving me a trip, I think you just convinced me I need to fly cross-country to really see the details of this thing and bring a nice cam/lens! Just when you think there's little left to discover... This really is a whole new beast! I wonder if the acorn nut can ever be seen in GB1.

THANK YOU, DVC!
I second the thanks! We needed to get a better look at this thing! I think the base is a different shape all round, with more of a cutout on the right hand side, and a different angle of cut near the project box on the left side (when viewed from the back)

The 26 pin connector is totally different to the one I picked up from the GBfans shop. It's a female connector on the left side with no pins sticking out as well as the obvious colour differences. I take it this is a long discontinued vintage part as I have been unable to track one down.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the label, it is different after all. Another thing i've noticed is there doesn't seem to be any screw holes where the relay was, is it possible it was just glued on the GB1 pedal?
3 things I notice.

There's a pacific resistor under the trap pedal that hooks into the yellow tubing.

Did you see where the red is going?

Also,
Anyone think it's possible that the GB1 pedal used one of these octal type sockets? Image
Or did the GB1 pedal in the screen shot have the metal lip around it? My eyes are playing tricks on me now

Lastly that's not a hex fitting
I've noticed this also. I've been looking but the closest I've found shape wise is this

Would need some parts chopping off though as the GB1 connector looks shorter and doesn't have the lugs. You can also see some kind of ribbon connector with a screw in it plugged into this, rather than just a cable stuffed in the hole as previously thought.
Time to revive this thread a bit. I did some looking into the IDC male header using the part number DVC was able to capture in his pictures. It’s a Winchester Electronics edge connector. The part numer is fuzzy on the last 2 places. It’s either 52-1126-01Y, 52-1126-31Y, or 52-1126-91Y. My money is on 01. I found that 52-1126-04 is the part number for a straight pin header, so this is definitely a right angle pin header. I also don’t see pins hanging out, so they were either clipped or filed so the header could mate flat to the hammond box.

I called Winchester to get some data about it, and the engineer I spoke with couldn’t verify the part number in his oldest catalog. So, the last two decimals are still a mystery.

I wish we had a better picture of the header, because I’m thinking the best solution right now is to take a standard modern header, fill in the recesses, and then add the P/N information via dry rub.

Also, the label on the side of the big hammond box is a lower half of the label on trap above the heath kit knob. The font and color matches. I don’t know what it comes off of, but the class column relates to pipe classes and inch sizes. So maybe it’s a flow meter of some kind.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]