countspatula wrote:
thebigone2087 wrote:Hey, just curious if you know if the aluminum plates sold here I the shop will work with your trap?
I'd say no, as the holes won't line up with mine.
I already ordered those, so we'll see.
echo419 wrote:
countspatula wrote:
I'd say no, as the holes won't line up with mine.
I already ordered those, so we'll see.
Keep us posted. I don't have the tools to cut the aluminum myself so I have my fingers crossed they may fit.
I currently have most of the frame printed and I have to say, as a piece of engineering, this thing is breathtakingly beautiful. Everything fits together perfectly and I cannot wait to get the rest printed out.
countspatula liked this
50+ pages and 375+ pictures later - all the Standard and Deluxe assembly guides are done:
http://www.charlesworth-dynamics.com/20 ... tions.html

All the previously released guides have minor updates and fixes. See previous long reply for links to almost everything else, as well as info on the electronics guide.

The 3D printed drill templates for the pedal boxes have been updated to include a raised circle to indicate correct orientation.
echo419 wrote:So I got the gbfans Al plates and the side plates will fit with drilling some new holes in the 3d printed sides. The front U shaped al piece will not fit at all.
Nice to know the side panels will fit... how far off is the front 'U'? Off enough to scrap? Or off just a bit to where it can be trimmed to fit?
I can potentially do a run of aluminum plating specifically for this 3D printed trap. I would need to have a lot of people committed though since I would have to order for around 100 traps worth.
thebigone2087 liked this
I have to say I really struggled with getting a decent print with ReplicatorG, Slic3r and Cura the last 2 weeks. I finally broke down and bought Simplify3D and the very first print turned out great, glad I bought it.
echo419 wrote:I have to say I really struggled with getting a decent print with ReplicatorG, Slic3r and Cura the last 2 weeks. I finally broke down and bought Simplify3D and the very first print turned out great, glad I bought it.
Simplify has been working pretty well for me although I have had trouble dialing it in for the Ultimaker 2, I think if you run the UM2 even a little faster than it wants for the infill, perimeter, etc it doesn't like it. Also found out that Cura will not print the scribe lines for painting on the doors - totally weird as they print in everything else.
By Tyrael
AJ Quick wrote:I can potentially do a run of aluminum plating specifically for this 3D printed trap. I would need to have a lot of people committed though since I would have to order for around 100 traps worth.
I'm down for at least one, if not more, depending on price.
countspatula wrote:If you're a student, 3DHubs is offering 25% discount on printing services:
https://www.3dhubs.com/students?utm_con ... ign=buffer
I knew there was a reason I went back to school
AJ Quick wrote:I can potentially do a run of aluminum plating specifically for this 3D printed trap. I would need to have a lot of people committed though since I would have to order for around 100 traps worth.
I'm down for a set, depending on price.
Enigmapc wrote:I'm on too. If there's a list, add me to it. Will anyone be offering kits for those of us who don't have 3D printers?
I think a few people have offered but said they want to perfect their own prints before offering to the community. I'm sure they'll pop up in the classifieds.
Enigmapc wrote:I'm on too. If there's a list, add me to it. Will anyone be offering kits for those of us who don't have 3D printers?
Sean pointed me to 3d hubs. It was really easy, I uploaded the files I wanted and it showed me base quotes for different printers in my area, and then I picked one... and a few days later I had all of my parts... just waiting on the electronics instructions now :D
tlr11077 wrote:
Sean pointed me to 3d hubs. It was really easy, I uploaded the files I wanted and it showed me base quotes for different printers in my area, and then I picked one... and a few days later I had all of my parts... just waiting on the electronics instructions now :D
3D hubs aye? I'll check it out. Thanks for info. Just how much did you end up paying?
tlr11077 wrote:I want to say 270ish, for the printing and I've been ordering from adafruit, as I figure out parts for the electronics...
I was thinking about going with 3D hubs... Glad there was a success story!
Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]