For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
HI all,
I was wondering if anyone was going to Megacon in Orlando this year? I know I have seen ghostheads before, including someone with an actual Ecto1 a few years back. This would be the first time I am wearing my gear for an official event. It would be nice to meet up with others GBFans. I currently live in Gainesville and it would be nice to find some locals to work on gear with.

I also want to say thank you for all of the great advice and tutorials on this forum. I will be posting pictures of my build progress so far to hopefully get some advice on upgrades.

Thanks
EctoRalph
That Ecto would have been the Palm coast Ghostbusters Ecto, While we won't be attending Mega as a group, there will be another Florida franchise with an ex magnum there. and a lot of us Florida members will be there on various days.
South Florida GBs will be there Saturday with our Ecto Jeep. There is also the annual GB dinner at Brickhouse that night.
Thanks for the heads up. I would love to see the Ecto Jeep as that will eventually be a project I would like to do. Is the dinner open to all or just SFGBs? It would be great to meet the group.
Pretty much any gb that shows up.
The CAT5 Ghostbusters along with our Ecto 1M will be guests at Megacon, in addition we invite all fellow GB's in attendance to take group or individual photos with the Ecto 1M at our location on the showroom floor. We will also be attending the dinner as well. See everyone in 3 weeks!!

https://www.facebook.com/CAT5Ghostbuste ... =2&theater

http://megaconvention.com/organizations ... ostbusters
EctoRalph liked this
I just checked out the Cat5 facebook page and the MegaCon page. I am looking forward to meeting the group and seeing that awesome Ecto 1M. The description mentions that the group does charity events, I would like to be part of positive things like that. It's great to gear up, have fun and make someone smile. Count me in. See you at the show. I guess I better get cracking on my gear updates.
I wanted to say thanks to all of the great ghostheads I met at the convention. For my first convention I learned a lot about wearing this gear for an extended period of time and will post some of the improvements as I do them. I also wanted to say that the reaction from the public was overwhelmingly positive and I learned that no one cared if I didn't have the right clippard elbow or trap relay or a resin versus a real resistor. Every pack I saw looked great and we all have a different way of building them which makes them unique and awesome. Here are a few fun pics of the event.

Met the Cat5 Ghostbusters, who were very welcoming and had just about every tool imaginable incase something needed repairing.

Got a chance to battle a Rancor...guess I should have deployed my trap!

Saw a really cool steampunk proton pack

Hope to meet more of you at the upcoming events and next year.
I have not been to Megacon Tamapabay (October 28-30) but plan on going to check it out. Usually any of the Megacon / Fan Expo shows are top notch with lots to see. Let me know if you are going when it gets closer. Always good to meet other ghostheads.
Hi all, with just one week to Megacon Tampa Bay I was wondering if anyone was going? I believe this is the first year of the show in Tampa but looks like there will be some fun activities, Halloween after party, parade in Ybor city, and should be a good event even though it looks like it will be a third of the size of the Orlando show. I know the Cat 5 ghostbusters are going with their ecto 1 and setting up a booth. It would be great to meet some local busters. I plan on going all 3 days.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]