For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
Thanks everyone for an amazing weekend, it was a pleasure and a privilege to meet you all!

I will have loads more photos and videos, and I have some great footage of the parade so I'll post an edit of that here as soon as I have one.

In the meantime, here's some stairs.

Carpeteria liked this
Totally gutted I didn't make the parade or take part n any PKE Surge activities. Being with a group from the UK meant we had other stuff to see in Atlanta which conflicted :( still I visited the table briefly on Saturday. And saw plenty of busters about. Looks like you guys had a great time.
Hello All! Awesome time at Dragon Con I had...I'll be more prepared to cover more panels and all next time...

Does anyone know the Smith guy I'm with? I'm the beardy guy on the left...

He told me he was on GBFans...He said his username was his name...Last name Smith...

castewar wrote:Are the annual awards winners being kept track anywhere?
They will be published today or tomorrow. Sorry for the wait. Real life kicked in :cool:
Here we are yet again, fellow Ghostheads another Dragon*Con past and another PKE Surge for the books. I must say, what an absolutely wonderful weekend filled with fun get together, delicious dinners, hot parades and more geek swag than you could shake a positron collider at! I know many of us have already gotten back into the swing of the real worlds, some of us are even preparing for their next convention (relentless aren’t you fellows?) There are so many people to thank for making PKE Surge 2014 a reality this year that I hardly know where to start, so I’ll do my best!

First of all I’d like to thank those who’ve helped organize PKE Surge over the past few years, both past and present it’s you fellas that have kept this going and kept the largest gathering of Ghostheads alive. Brock Parker, Chace Ambrose, Ron Daniels, Austin Young, AJ Quick, Tim Hook, Jamie Hitchcock, Borzou Ouranos, Zack Myers, Fernando and of course our fantastic logo artist Savann Mok. I know there are more of those who’ve helped out in the past and will help in the future.

A huge thanks to all of the wonderfully generous folks who contributed to the prize give aways not only for the Crunch Awards but also for the wildly fun ZKT Scavenger Hunt; AJ Quick, George Doogan, Borzou Ouranos, Throwing Chicken, Prop Forge, Jacob Walsh and Joy Powell. Thank you all for your wonderful donations that made the prizes this year something truly enjoyable!

Congratulations to all the awesome folks who won an award this year, and to those who didn’t please come out again next year, we’ll be introducing some new things that we hope will make it more exciting and accessible to more members at PKE Surge 2015! The winners of this year’s Crunch awards were:

Best Representation of a Ghostbuster
Craig G. (Craigtheowl1) for going out of his way to contribute to PKE Surge of his own volition, and having a wonderful attitude with his fellow Ghostheads.

Best Original Prop/Costume
Pat L. (Carpeteria) for his Nega Ghostbusters Proton Pack and Jumpsuit!

Iron Man
Chris W. (Christphern) for his horribly heavy Extreme Ghostbusters Proton Pack.

The Traveler*
Jonny R. (FunkPunkTwang) for driving the horrendous distance from New Hampshire to Atlanta!

It the Car Award*
Fernando (XxEctoxX) for his super awesome modern Ecto conversion.

Nice Job You Did
Ryan K. (SlimedHeroRay) for destroying his gear, again. A special note, this award is officially becoming the Ryan Kemp Nice Job You Did Award in honor of his successful destruction of his own equipment these many years, while Ryan will no longer be eligible to win the award his legacy will continue on to enternity.

Best Female Ghostbuster
Ama C (Lunaxmars) for her outstanding spirit and for taking on the con in full gear.

Best Crossover Costume
Jason S (Primus662) and Rob S.(Undrtkrbob) for Blues Bros. Ghostbusters, which as we’ve learned is there last year in this fun an unique costume.

*Award is being retired.

And of course thanks to all of you who participated in the ZKT Scavenger Hunt! I hope to see more people busting out in their equipment next year and having as much fun as all of the others!

1st Place - Todd W. (Last_Minute)

2nd Place - Pat L. (Carpeteria)

3rd Place - Rob. S (Undrtkrbob)

4th Place (TIE) - Ama C. (Lunaxmars) and Joy P. (TheAmazingJoy)

Thanks again to everyone who made this year’s PKE Surge one of the best yet, I look forward to seeing you all again next year!
YHSCraig, Chace, Carpeteria liked this
Dan AKA wrote: A special note, this award is officially becoming the Ryan Kemp Nice Job You Did Award... while Ryan will no longer be eligible to win the award his legacy will continue on to eternity.
I keep finding old comments like this that seem eerily prescient now.

Sad day.

Alex
Kingpin liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]