For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Whoa 6 cars! How many were there last year? Was it 3? This is going to be great.
Last year was 3, the most we've ever had was 7 back in 2010...seen here starting around 1:40

pyhasanon wrote:Would be crazy if we go over the 100 limit...
I HIGHLY doubt that'll happen, the closest we've ever come to that in the parade is around 90....but quite a few of them were people not affiliated with the site who had gotten their own ribbons.
Chace wrote:OK so I just got final word on the vehicle count....

Overall there are 60 vehicles already registered for the parade this year, including one bus,6 floats and up to 4 big vehicles from The Armory programming track. If they all show up, that's the absolute max that they can accommodate within the staging area.

BUT after some negotiation, we will be allowed 6 cars, which is now the official maximum allowed per group.

So that will be Loren's NYPD car and 59 Ecto, My Ectomagnum, Chris Sheets' EcotXB, Nando's Ecto-Nissan, and the Carolina Ecto.

Sorry Martog, you know I love you but since they have been there for the past three years I had to back them...the good news is your car is on the top of the standby list so if someone doesn't show up, they'll squeeze you in!

So as far as cars go, the DC parade is officially CLOSED!
I rather have a more finished car in than mine anyhow, I keep spending my money on other things xD

it's all good, I'll be in the parade either way ^.^
First DragonCon here as well, and you can count me in! My wife will be with me, but whether or not she decides to suit up for the parade is still up in the air, I'll work that out with her and get back to you ASAP

It's been a long time dream of mine to attend a PKE Surge, and it does sound like this one will be of incredible proportions.

Also if not, me I'll have someone there who will be sure to film.
Sigh... changes on my side, might not make it... family keeps changing plans... we were planning on staying with local family, but now they decided to meet us "somewhere else," even though they knew we were planning on going to Atlanta for Dragon*Con, but this "somewhere else" is ending up being like 5 hours away from the convention...? Really? You plan to do this now when it's practically impossible to get a hotel? Plus, I don't think I can afford a hotel right now...
BlueChainsawMan wrote:What is this PKE Surge? BTW this will be my 1st DC!
Welcome to DC (almost!). :)

PKE Surge is something we as community have done since 2009 at DC. We get together, march in the parade, have dinner on Saturday night, do some little events and have awards. It's basically just a weekend full of GB fellowship.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
bpontheair wrote:
BlueChainsawMan wrote:What is this PKE Surge? BTW this will be my 1st DC!
Welcome to DC (almost!). :)

PKE Surge is something we as community have done since 2009 at DC. We get together, march in the parade, have dinner on Saturday night, do some little events and have awards. It's basically just a weekend full of GB fellowship.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
This sounds like a lot of fun.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]