For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
Shredder565 wrote:I just did a google map of the place, and it's only 3 miles from the Javitz, if I choose the right one.

You're retarded. The average person walks about 2.5 miles per hour, so that's more than two full hours of walking in gear, in 35-degree weather, when we could be warm and cozy inside of a COMIC CONVENTION being fawned over by the masses while we buy Chewbacca slippers.

Shredder565 wrote:What might be really cool, if the Hook and Ladder people don't mind, is to have not only people in full gear heading there, but also a few replica Ecto's as well. If you guys get really lucky, maybe Atari could sponsor it as the 'largest gathering' of costumed fans for the Ghostbusters franchise type of thing :)..
You really should re-read what you type out before posting.
Last edited by Boomerjinks on February 3rd, 2009, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boomerjinks wrote:
Shredder565 wrote: You're retarded. The average person walks about 2.5 miles per hour, so that's more than two full hours of walking in gear, in 35-degree weather, when we could be warm and cozy inside of a COMIC CONVENTION being fawned over by the masses while we buy Chewbacca slippers..

Thank you, boomerjinks.

See you there.

Inside.
Way to be mature.

One more reason why I hate message boards these days if everyone acts so immature as to call total strangers insulting names...

Where in that post did I say it would be easy to walk 3 miles? I just wanted to google it to see how far a driving distance it was, as I was interested in filming anyone who arrived....

I personally think it would make a pretty cool commercial if Atari where to film it professionally as a sort of 'fan support' commercial for the new game.....if not an internet blog somewhere to use as promotion...
I'm only saying this on an internet forum because I am unable to say it to your face.

Perhaps we are misunderstanding each other. When you say that you think it would be cool for Atari and Sony to have the Ecto there and to film it as a commercial, I am unsure as to whether you seriously suggesting it or if you are just vocalizing your flights of fancy. Since you did not say, "there's no way this would happen, but..." then I would not have responded the way I did.

Instead, you've mentioned this idea quite earnestly two times now, so I'll have to assume you have no concept of financial planning, vehicle transportation, or marketing. If you think something like what you mentioned is likely, or even the slightest bit possible, then you are a fool.

At any rate, this should stay a serious planning and discussion thread. It sounds to me like we are all very different people when it comes to how much we enjoy conventions and how long we'd have fun standing on a street corner in front of a building, not to mention how and when each of us are arriving to the con. Trying to get everyone together in one place is going to be damn near impossible, I say we each post when we'd like to go, and group up accordingly.

I'd like to get the firehouse taken care of early on, when it is light out. I'm not saying it won't be awesome, but I honestly believe that wearing the costume at the convention will be more fun that it will be in lower Manhattan. It will be warmer, there will be more people, and like I said before... merch. I plan on going early, sometime between 9 and 10. If any of you guys want to come along, I think it would be totally awesome. Let's go!
Hey guys. For any of you who are attending the Con this Saturday and wanna meet up at the Atari booth and shoot the s**t, you guys might wanna meet me there around 4-ish as my friend will be interviewing Ryan French, for Infendo.com about the Wii version of GB: TVG. I'll be the one with the camera documenting it. Cya all there.
Boomerjinks wrote:I'm only saying this on an internet forum because I am unable to say it to your face.

Perhaps we are misunderstanding each other. When you say that you think it would be cool for Atari and Sony to have the Ecto there and to film it as a commercial, I am unsure as to whether you seriously suggesting it or if you are just vocalizing your flights of fancy. Since you did not say, "there's no way this would happen, but..." then I would not have responded the way I did.

Instead, you've mentioned this idea quite earnestly two times now, so I'll have to assume you have no concept of financial planning, vehicle transportation, or marketing. If you think something like what you mentioned is likely, or even the slightest bit possible, then you are a fool.

At any rate, this should stay a serious planning and discussion thread. It sounds to me like we are all very different people when it comes to how much we enjoy conventions and how long we'd have fun standing on a street corner in front of a building, not to mention how and when each of us are arriving to the con. Trying to get everyone together in one place is going to be damn near impossible, I say we each post when we'd like to go, and group up accordingly.

I'd like to get the firehouse taken care of early on, when it is light out. I'm not saying it won't be awesome, but I honestly believe that wearing the costume at the convention will be more fun that it will be in lower Manhattan. It will be warmer, there will be more people, and like I said before... merch. I plan on going early, sometime between 9 and 10. If any of you guys want to come along, I think it would be totally awesome. Let's go!

Just a flight of fancy thought. Didn't think that it needed to be mentioned, as anyone knows that it would be almost impossible to do with this short of notice....
Couldn't find a black flightsuit in my size, but I'm heading to the city (with another Army Navy store) tomorrow, maybe I'll get lucky, but until then..

YEEEAAAH BOOOOI

Will have to do. Yes, I'm aware wrong belt, and no elbow pads, my nametag still isn't on either, but I don't care lol.
Awesome!!! Now I'll know what you look like this year! hahahaha
Hey guys. I'm wandering into foreign territory (I'm over in AZ), but I thought I'd give you guys a heads up on something to keep your eyes open for at the con:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14026
Mattel Set to Launch Collectible Line for Classic Comedy Blockbuster “Ghostbusters”

It says you guys will be able to check out prototypes for the figs.

Don't forget to pack your cameras! :mrgreen:
JackIvyGB wrote:Hey guys. I'm wandering into foreign territory (I'm over in AZ), but I thought I'd give you guys a heads up on something to keep your eyes open for at the con:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14026
Mattel Set to Launch Collectible Line for Classic Comedy Blockbuster “Ghostbusters”

It says you guys will be able to check out prototypes for the figs.

Don't forget to pack your cameras! :mrgreen:
Thanks for the heads up, I definitely wouldn't want to miss this!
Boomerjinks wrote:As for an at-the-con meet up, how about meeting at the Atari booth at noon on Saturday?
I'm game for this. We can plan our Firehouse travels a lot easier in person. Saturday at noon, Atari booth. In gear if you can.
Heh heh... Best of luck guys. I'll be sure to try and stop by and chat with you guys.

Thanks for the heads up, Jack! I'm definitely gonna get picts.
I am so jealous of you guys right now. Wish I could be there. Have fun and good luck.
Bah!!! Why must I work this weekend instead of being fully suited up in NY!? Oh yeah, money, I need money. Anyway, I'm totally jealous; especially since I only live an hour and 1/2 away from the festivities. There better be some awesome pictures that come out of this event . . .

Have fun!
I'm going to bail on the 9am Firehouse tomorrow morning, because it looks like I am going to have a late night tonight.

Lame, I know.

I will be at the booth at noon tomorrow, and I think a quick trip to the firehouse would be okay sometime during the afternoon, and then I plan on hitting Times Square right after the con.

See you all at noon!
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]