For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By Foom Man
I'll be there in full gear with a camera crew. We're shooting some stuff for a website in Mass.

Anybody want to make the 2.8 mile walk to the firehouse from Comicon?
By Ecto79
i'll be making the trip from Buffalo to NYC ill be in full gear as well :cool:
By mburkit
I'd totally go if it wasn't for work and the fact I don't have a hotel room or tickets or anything. I would like to have a picture of me in front of the fire house in full gear. I'll wait till the summer I guess when I make my trip up there.

Guys, take lots of pictures!!!!
By MotherPussBucket
I'll be there all 3 days at my booth

Desktop Heroes

Promoting my new show

See you guys there
By Foom Man
MotherPussBucket wrote:I'll be there all 3 days

At my booth, Desktop Heroes

Promoting my new webshow
Us web series guys gotta stick together. This is my web series (almost every episode has at least one GB reference. Over 500,000 hits so far)
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... B564674C7E

Going to have any gear in hand? I'm going to be there with some of my buddies and our camera equipment. Let me know where you'll be and we'll stop by.
Lifelong Ghostbusters fan here. Built my first pack this past Halloween, preordered the game, have several posters in the bedroom, blah blah blah. I am here to try and stat something amazing for our kind genetlement (and ladies).

Let me start here: MY friends Neil, Ryan and I run a web series called New Kids on the Rock, which you can check out here. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... B564674C7E We're closing in on nearly one million hits. We are going to Comicon this February with our cameras, along with me in my uniform. Hook and Ladder 8 (the firehouse) is located less than three miles away from the convention.

You can see where I'm going with this.

Fellow friends... let's gather every Ghostbuster we can and march on down to the fire house. Hell, if it's cold we take the bus. I just want to see every proton pack, home made uniform, pke meter, and fellow fan with me when I step foot in front of our destination. Who's with me? If you're interested, post here and I'll add your name. Let's see what we can get cooking.

List Of Attendees
FoomMan
Boomerjinks (and Shauna)
zeta otaku
Last edited by Foom Man on January 28th, 2009, 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hell, I'm in. However, three miles is an hour walk, each way, in February, with gear. Taking a train would probably be most efficient, perhaps Friday after registration or saturday bright and early?

Put Shauna and I down for this.
Boomerjinks wrote:Hell, I'm in. However, three miles is an hour walk, each way, in February, with gear. Taking a train would probably be most efficient, perhaps Friday after registration or saturday bright and early?

Put Shauna and I down for this.
I'm worried about the temperature too. My gear is just my pack, suit, boots and belt. A train might be risky, depending on how fragile people's packs may be. I guess this is up in the air for now.

Now, a good time to do this... I won't be available until later on Friday (I'm arriving around 2pm on bus), and I know Saturday is dense day for everybody. I'm thinking we should try and gather anyone we find in gear on Friday and get a time on Saturday we all like. I'm guessing 10am?
heh, would you guys mind some non-attendees joining you? I'd love to go to the con, but just can't afford it... however, I have the gear and the time for a fun little hike. =)
Foom Man wrote:
Boomerjinks wrote:Hell, I'm in. However, three miles is an hour walk, each way, in February, with gear. Taking a train would probably be most efficient, perhaps Friday after registration or saturday bright and early?
done the train 3 times in full gear on halloween... it's tight, but not bad if you have a sturdy pack... depending on the time of day, it shouldn't be TOO bad if you do it late morning/early afternoon.... 3PM and on, the trains are nuts and the weekends can be pretty bad too.

We just got some light snow here and it's going to remain in the low to mid 30s through the weekend. So, wear some thermals under those jumpsuits!
zeta otaku wrote:heh, would you guys mind some non-attendees joining you? I'd love to go to the con, but just can't afford it... however, I have the gear and the time for a fun little hike. =)

done the train 3 times in full gear on halloween... it's tight, but not bad if you have a sturdy pack... depending on the time of day, it shouldn't be TOO bad if you do it late morning/early afternoon.... 3PM and on, the trains are nuts and the weekends can be pretty bad too.

We just got some light snow here and it's going to remain in the low to mid 30s through the weekend. So, wear some thermals under those jumpsuits!

You most certainly should meet up with us. This is definitely one of those "The more, the merrier" cases. The train may end up being our best best. Are you ok with the 10-11am time frame?
Boomerjinks wrote:I'd prefer to go earlier than 10 or 11, we're only in town for three days and I'd like to make the most of the con on Saturday.

Conversely, I'd love to do Times Square in uniform on Friday or Saturday night...
I am with you 100% on the Time Square idea. Would this be a pack-free meetup, the Time Square idea?

As for time, I still haven't figured out 100% what I'd like to do. When do the doors open/close on Saturday & Sunday?
By FunkPunkTwang
Hey guys!

I'll be going from NH in full gear!!!!

I hope to meet up with some fellow ghostbusters! I'm going on Saturday

Lemme know if you guys wanna meet up I'd love to see your equipment in person

AIM: The One Showtime
E-Mail: TheFirstNightmare@yahoo.com

Can't wait!

Jonny
Some_Guy wrote:Aw man, I don't have a pack, but I'll be at the con. Heh.
No worries man I don't either I'll just be in the flightsuit.

Have we picked a time to meet up yet?

I''' only be there Saturday so could we try to make it then?
I might go It would give me an excuse to get the gear out lemme see if I can get some friends to go. I'd be down meeting up for the firehouse thing( never actually been there.) and maybe the times square, though I only plan on going for the day.
gbfreak2021 wrote:I might go It would give me an excuse to get the gear out lemme see if I can get some friends to go. I'd be down meeting up for the firehouse thing( never actually been there.) and maybe the times square, though I only plan on going for the day.
Oh God, I didn't even think of Time Square.

im def down with taking a walk over to the firehouse i was planin on it with my brother but hell if i can go with a group of ghostheads WHY NOT lol. I mention it to him that a group of ppl were lookin into goin and he said he would go too(he wont be in uniform or anything but hes just as crazy as me i guess.
Ecto79 wrote:im def down with taking a walk over to the firehouse i was planin on it with my brother but hell if i can go with a group of ghostheads WHY NOT lol. I mention it to him that a group of ppl were lookin into goin and he said he would go too(he wont be in uniform or anything but hes just as crazy as me i guess.
So, are you in for the walk? If so I'll add you to the list on the other thread.

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?