For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By dr_logan
Yeah Bethelehem and emmaus are some of the nicer areas. I'm in Allentown, and the place is kinda like a cesspool most of the time LOL.

I know it's been a while since I pedaled this site around, but I'm trying to see if i can find folks interested in the idea of starting a Lehigh Valley franchise. I made a site, just for the hell of it... it's more of a forum. We need a minimum of three to start a franchise... If you'd like, please take a look, and If you are interested, we'd love to have you.

http://s13.invisionfree.com/lvgb
By dr_logan
Both of you guys got nice proton packs. I envy you guys, because I'm not that good with tools and parts like that.
I'd probably have to pay someone to build me one of those... If i ever had the money.

I'm an artist myself. I do a bit of graphic design. I love it, i come up with some good things. I'm self teaching myself HTML hands on, but mainly I do alot of photoshopping, typography, and logo design type stuff.
By mburkit
dr_logan wrote:Both of you guys got nice proton packs.
Well, thank you! Now if I could just get my new one done I'd be happy. Its tough to work on this stuff when you got girls on the brain; you know, it being spring and all :blush:

You know what you could do if you want a pack. I would say the best way to get an accurate pack would be getting one of Exoray's fiberglass shells. If I ever make another one, it will be made from one of those babies and be strictly a display piece, because those things are freaking beautiful. That's the thing that sucks about this love for GB, it costs alot to have anything that resembles an accurate prop from the movie.
By dr_logan
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

yeah i've seen what packs go for on ebay.... some are pretty steep

others aren't so bad.... but yeah...

How much does it cost to build one though?
By mburkit
dr_logan wrote: How much does it cost to build one though?
I guess it all depends on how you go about making it. I will give you a run down on my new pack:

48" x 96" x .125" sheet of styrene cost me $85.00. (This is what I made my shell out of)
All the PVC piping for the pack and gun cost me probably about $15.00.
Motherboard from MMM cost me $50.00 + shipping.
Accurate ALICE Frame to the first movie cost me around another $50.00.
Real Clippard R331 and R701 cost $75.00.
Rest of the hardware (legris elbows and straights, nycoil banjos, clippard brass fittings) maybe $50.00.
Metal Ion Arm assembly was $45.00 from noslliT.
ThrowingChicken gun box and gun kit together were $175.00, about.
Aluminum gun knobs were $40.00
Vinyl labels for the pack and gun were $20.00
Hyperdyne gun light kit is $120.00.
Proptronix's pack lights are $60.00
Misc. socket screws and glue and paint has been about $40.00.

So roughly speaking, my new pack has cost me give or take: $825.00.

That's me rounding stuff a little since I don't feel like digging out receipts.

Now, if I decided to use resin cast hardware and would have built my gun out of .125" styrene, it would have been probably about $150, $200 cheaper. The stuff that adds up the quickest is the random hardware, I think.
By AlTheRelic
mburkit wrote:Emmaus, PA in the house! I think I'm officially the closest person to Dr. Logan (on the map that is).
Nope, I can literally also walk to Dorney Park and Logan, people have also told me I sound like Jack Nicholson

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

Hey, anyone else playing this game? I want to find[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]