For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
What is the f**king plan this year?

Sandy messed up our entire plans for last year but we should come back with a vengeance in this year's parade.

I want to start a preemptive discussion now that it is almost a month out to figure out who is going, if anyone needs to get their vehicle permits for the parade and a meeting point.

I know xxECTOxx should be down.. but I want to hear from you guys to know for sure!
Last year was such a disappointment! The good news is that this year we have something big planned. Literally, something about 9 feet tall and marshmellow shaped big! lol. In the past, we've found that the GB firehouse is a good place to meet and then head a couple blocks north to the parade. You guys good with meeting up around 6:30-7?

Details for the event can be found on the Village Halloween Parade website but Ive pasted the relevant info below:

Anyone and everyone in costume is welcome.

Follow these five easy tips for successfully joining the Parade — the largest public participatory event in the greatest city in world!
1. Be Creative - Wear Your Costume! ONLY costumed marchers are allowed in the Parade.
2. Show Up on Sixth Ave between Spring & Canal Sts.
You can only enter this area from the EAST and SOUTH. That is Sullivan, East Broome and Canal Streets. If you come from the West, you will need to get back over to the East Side of 6th Avenue to get in the Parade. This can get confusing and frustrating so follow these directions carefully!
3. Arrive between 7pm and 9pm
or you might miss the Parade! The subway is the best way to get there, parking is always difficult and the Parade makes it even worse.
4. Find your friends, good music or a group to march with. If you are meeting your friends, it is best to meet a block or two from the Parade route and all come over together to the line-up. Even with cell phones, it is hard to hook up with people at the start. Nowadays the bands line-up apart from the general public, but there is so much good music in the Parade you are bound to hook up with some fun vibes to dance with.
5. Follow the crowd up Sixth Avenue (please do not go down Sixth Avenue, the police will stop you!)
Looks like we are still good for a 6:30-7 meet by the firehouse. Hopefully the weather holds out! Incidentally, if anyone is without a pack, the person we had to be our sta-puft bailed and we've been unable to find a replacement yet. So if anyone is interested in maybe being inside a 9 foot tall inflatable marshmallow man, let me know.

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]