For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By Spengs
Good news, my khaki Tru-Spec shipped. It should be here on Monday via UPS. I know I can (depending if we're going to do something) switch out my name tag patch and possibly "no ghost" logo patch. I want to order a second name tag patch for a related project.

By the time I'm ready for sewing, thanks to Bill I'll have a leg hose connector and clear hose. Still won't have the "right" boots, at least I do have a pair.
El Chorko liked this
By Spengs
Good news all of Jersey ghostheads and our clients, our domain url, gbnj.info will instantly forward you to ghostbustersnj.wordpress.com. Since we're still paying for the hosing and the .info is part of the package it just makes good financial sense.
El Chorko liked this
By Spengs
You're welcome Greg, that's great! Look forward to seeing the invoice pads.

All: The site has been updated with new/revised information to our About, Personnel, and Personnel bios. I also added two, two new equipment pages! I didn't update the blog yet, tomorrow at the earliest.

In related news I have my new khaki Tru-Spec flight suit. Going to see if I can get the patches sewn on professionally this week.
By Spengs
All: Four days later and I've finished the recent set of updates. I posted site and GBNJ news this afternoon/evening.

Greg: I would like to meet up when we can.
By Spengs
Bill: Have a scary good time! :lol: If you decide to take pics, film anything (if you're allowed) or want to write about it, I can add it to the site.

Greg: The army, obviously your friend didn't know about GBI's training programs. 8)

I might be able to meet up around my area tomorrow. Hopefully within a month if the numbers work out I'll have my car fixed for hopefully the final time this year.
By El Chorko
let me know what you think......

Are you charity minded and want to give back to the community?
Do you enjoy dressing up and going to cons?
Have you or any of your family ever wanted to make a Ghostbusters fan film?

If the answer is Yes than don't wait another minute, pick up your computer and find the professionals, Ghostbusters of NJ!

Our courteous and efficient staff are on call 24 hours a day to (pick one) serve all of your supernatural elimination needs/serve all of your charity and convention needs!

We're ready to believe you!
By Spengs
I'm liking it, were you thinking of making something with it? If you're just about going word for word I'd day with the "our courteous..." sentence "serve all of your supernatural charity and convention needs."

And it may feel like we work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our hours can vary greatly. For those who don't know, the hours are listed on the site. We probably should change some of them too. Either that or charge more.

http://www.gbnj.info
By El Chorko
Things have been quiet guys, lets keep this ball rolling! I understand we all have things such as family and jobs that keep inconvieniencing GBNJ from meeeting hahaha (that was a joke), but at the minimum we should try and keep the online discussions up

I reached out to some other GB franchises for tips on charity stuff but no one has gotten back to me yet.

I want to reach out to the Ghost Hunter Store in Mt. Holly to see if they want to connect with GBNJ for an event, but I have not had a chance to stop by the store. I'm not sure what we could do if they even "want" us but it is just a path I want to explore a little bit.

I do not think I have work Sunday, its too early in the week to say for sure, but I may be available. and I am free to meet up after work any day during the week, and I don't mind traveling to a meeting location or providing rides or something.
By ImLost3
Glad to dee you've been trying to reach out, hopefully it will be fruitful for us. I've been out with a pretty nasty head cold the last few days, just starting to fell a little better now. Next Sunday might be doable for a meet-up. I'll pm you a little later.
By Spengs
Greg: When something is a thing around here, we should begin to worry. :-D

I'm all for talking on and off-line when we can. I wasn't sick this past weekend, I've been really tired. Today's the first day since late last week I'm more like myself. It wasn't really a health thing, more of a didn't sleep well thing.

Although I didn't mention it here, I've been answering (ok it was only once so far) our Contact email. Working on non GBNJ (yet still GB content) for Ectocontainment.com. Soon as I can I should have at least some blog updates on our site.

Glad to hear you've been reaching out to other franchises and want to "drum up business" for us.

In related meeting news, I got 4 big ones (I wish) to try to take care of my car today. Funds should be 100% clear on Wednesday. If I can get an appointment, hope to have the car in the shop I use by the end of this week. Either way I wouldn't mind meeting up over the weekend.

Bill: Glad your'e beginning to feel better. I'll try to write you back or get in touch this week as well.
By El Chorko
Bill: Also I am glad to hear you are getting better
Rich: Good luck with the car, let us know how it goes so we can plan rides if needed

All: I have not heard anything from any franchises I contacted, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting to hear from them, I'll just try and figure out something on my own. I still have not gotten to the Ghost Hunter Store. I keep forgetting my GPS and I have only been there like twice, so I don't quite remember the way. I think I am still available Sunday, as of now. I have not heard anything different but that is subject to change, although I am hopeful for a day off Sunday.
By El Chorko
My sister informed me that the destructor himself, Mr. Stay-puft is in Haddon Heights NJ (a mile from my house). I'm heading there tonight to investigate and bust him. I'll get pictures. She sent a picture but I don't think I can add pictures to the forum... or I don't know how to at least...

I emailed the picture to gbnj
By Spengs
Greg/Bill: Spent most of the morning yesterday taking care of the 'ol Corolla. Fortunately for now (and hopefully for good) the problem was "minor," just some Mass Airflow Sensor. Doesn't our ECU have one of those? Kinda keep an eye on the car, should (hopefully not) warning lights almost worse then the ECU go off, they'll work with me to look further into it. Only thing I need to do when I can is replace the front brake pads and rotors. It isn't urgent, I do want to do that soon as i'm able to.

Greg: Before posting here, I emailed Bill back about meeting up. If you two want to come up my way for eats and "business" that'd be cool. I told Bill about this "best" diner in the area that I haven't tried yet.

Definitely want to talk more about the charities, fundraising and more. I basically know how we can do it, maybe around the busy season some of these other groups have been busier then usual.
By Spengs
El Chorko wrote:My sister informed me that the destructor himself, Mr. Stay-puft is in Haddon Heights NJ (a mile from my house). I'm heading there tonight to investigate and bust him. I'll get pictures. She sent a picture but I don't think I can add pictures to the forum... or I don't know how to at least...

I emailed the picture to gbnj
I saw the picture, good work dealing with that impostor. I've also been seeing a Mr. Stay-Puft near my house too. I was doing trap maintenance last night. There was also a full trap from some 'bust. Didn't detect any marshmallow residue. We should be in the clear, for now.
By ImLost3
Weird, I had a Mr. Stay Puft sighting as well...although it only turned out to be a parent dressed in costume taking the youngin's out trick-or-treating. so no harm, no foul...unless you count the now melted Marshmallow Man costume.
By ImLost3
After Rich is finished with getting his new suit ready, I want to work on that Photo-shoot I was talking about to add to the banner of gbnj.info. I'm also tossing some Ideas around for a series of fan films that we can release quarterly next year. Maybe you and I should get together to toss some ideas around. I'm think one story that we can break up into 5-10 minute episodes similar to what the Alabama guys are doing with out ripping off there idea. It would definitely need to have the New Jersey spin.
By Spengs
Bill, Greg, everyone else:

Sorry I didn't make myself available much in about a month. I did "lurk" to see about any new postings in this thread. If you knew and forgot or had checked my RGB site, Ectocontainment, I had to majorly overhaul that site. I get into that more over there (ectocontainment.com) and more recently (actually yesterday) on my personal collecting site, Rich Collectibles. It took about a month, finishing around Thanksgiving.

Before replying here, I wanted to back date a few new blog posts at GBNJ. I thought it would have been much sooner, every now and then, that's just how it works out. If you haven't been to gbnj.info today, there are now 3 new (well two from Halloween and one from our meeting up in November) blog posts.

No new uniform updates yet. I think I might still be paying off my uniform. :shock: Should have opted for the Ghostbusters/GBI Gold Class card instead. 8) Additional uniform updates may have to wait until early next year. Either way I'll post and write about them on my blog, Rich Collectibles (richcollectibles.wordpress.com) If we wanted/need to do something Christmasy this month I do have my original uniform.

Thanksgiving (more post Thanksgiving) was alright.

In my "absence" I was searching for actual cons (comic or otherwise) in our state that might be a good fit for us. I wanted to see if something could be coming up before Spring. IMO there won't be a con like that until April. It's the Asbury Park Comic Con, which isn't until mid April, right around my birthday. If I remember this is a much newer comic con. The first one which a friend (another ghosthead too) went to a couple years back was held in a bowling alley. Gotta love Jersey! :cool:

I don't know if it would be "right" or good for us. Here's the url/link to there site: http://www.asburyparkcomicon.com

The April Chiller Theater is at the end of the month, April 25-27. Unless we went together, that could require an overnight for me.

*edit* I just saw Monster-Mania Con (Monster Con) in Cherry Hill is in March. I've never been to that con, I know its been horror related.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]