For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By Powlowski
Hello fellow RNYGB members! This thread is specifically for upcoming events. We need to plan ahead this year , be better prepared and whatnot.

Farpoint, Maryland - Feb. 17-19
4th of July Parade for the Town of Fairport, New York
Scare-A-Cuse in Syracuse, New York
Buffalo Bisons GHOSTBUSTERS night in Buffalo, New York
Sample Soaps- Zombie Walk in Rochester, New York
Breast Cancer Walk - Downtown Rochester, New York
Roc-Con at the Main Street Armory in Rochester, New York
Nightmare Manor

These are just a few events given past experiences. As we know more details they will be posted. Also as other events come to lights they will be posted. Count on a number of Haunted houses, bars, parties, costume contests, college campuses, hayrides... come OCTOBER!

We will also be doing regular get togethers for fun, BBQs as well as meetings, community prop building projects ....
By Powlowski
Saturday January 14th starting at noon
All RNYGB members are welcome to come over to my apt. This will be an easy way to connect face to face and get to know your fellow teammates. We will be addressing issues like propping, helping out eachothers needs, ID card designs, Birthday parties and what to do, upcoming events.... this should be fun and productive. Last year was hit and miss with getting people together and last minute on just about every event. We need to be tighter as a group and more on the same page with things. This year we become "PROFESSIONALS" and approach things with a better sense of organization. So bring your props and ideas to share! Eveyone has a voice here. Also if you'd like we can all chip in and I will order us a sheet pizza. We have every GB cartoon and movie to watch, games to be played, this should be a good time and a positive start as our first official meeting of the new RNYGB year!!!
contact me for the addy and to confirm
By aliencatx
Im in to chippinjg in for a pizza no big deal.

There is also a con my way called herobot if anyone is interested in.
http://www.herobotcon.com/
I believe its the last weekend of Sept

Another one that I went to last year and had a blast was the national Haunters convention.
http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com/
Last year the place was packed with gbs. there was a few different groups on the floor and booths.
I believe the big one the the NJGB and a few PA gbs.
By Powlowski
Herobot is far enough away in advance that we can definitely plan on attending that.
The Haunters Convention should be our first con/ event this year to attend as a group. Stacie can you post more info on that? That was in May, correct?
By Powlowski
Also we should take part in things such as toy drives, toilettre drives, clothes and food drives....
Last year at RocCon we set up a booth and ran a raffle to help raise money forr breast cancer. For our first attempt we managed to raise $83 for the cause. I'd like to continue to push that.
By aliencatx
yea no prob on the haunters con. Ill even try to get ahold of the creator and see if I can get us a few free tickets. (I was a road volenteer last year and got in for free.)

Same for herobot, its a smaller day con but looks like a lot of fun. I have some buddies down this way that would be all up in arms to help us out with that.
By NickFame13
I have a few ideas regarding some charitable, patriotic, non-profit organizations, for anyone who is interested in helping America's veterans. Plenty of information available: Missing In America Project/Veteran Recovery Program; Veterans Outreach Center; Operation Welcome Home; Patriot Guard Riders; and many more.

I have thought of a few other local haunted attractions open during October that would also be a load of fun, including Haunted House of Rochester, and one or two local "home-haunts" that (I believe) are fundraisers. :vinzclortho::walterpeck:

I will, surely, have a notebook handy for the meeting of the minds. I don't want to forget anything, but I don't want to put it all here, just yet.

Restarting my prop projects, soon, as well. Hunting down a few necessary items.... :blush:

After coming upon another forum post ( http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =7&t=26778 ), Stacie had an idea for Peoplebuster costumes, and gear for Halloween, as well, that may go over quite well at the haunts. Think about it: RNYGB re-enactment of that most awesome RGB episode.... who's ready to haunt the Hell outta Boo York! :boogieman::angryvigo:
By NickFame13
Powlowski wrote:Saturday January 14th starting at noon
We need to be tighter as a group and more on the same page with things. This year we become "PROFESSIONALS" and approach things with a better sense of organization.

Point to address: Are we officially listed as a franchise? I have not seen us listed anywhere among the other franchises. I believe we have a bit of work to do before that can happen, as well. Just wanted to put that out there.
By aliencatx
Im down for helping those who served among anyone else that needs it.

Good idea on the notebook, ill have to bring one now.

Yes peoplebusters, I talked alittle with Powlowski about this last night and I think it would be fun to make stuff like a ghoul PKE meter and bone traps.

As for the official franchise I think we have enough members and charity under the belt to apply for it. why not?
By Powlowski
Ok for saturday the 14th any member attending please bring a dish to share. its looking like we will have a good turnout. ill bake the brownies!
By Powlowski
Orgasmically uber potent special dark chocolate brownies made with...wait for it.....wait for it..........LOVE!!!!
By Powlowski
Hey quick side note:
I receieved my pack today! Yay! However I will be needin help on Saturday carefully glueing/ epoxying a small handfull of parts that are loosened. Spoke with Mike briefly about it. Its mainly the front section of the thrower and my ion arm.
By spark
I'm pretty sure I can come also. Nick can you pm me your address?

Thanks,
-Mark
By aliencatx
wow how many are coming? can your appt handle this many gbs at once or will it cause a time rip? Either way I better bring another bag of chips
By Powlowski
Well let's see.....ROLL CALL!!!
Stacie
Derek
Mike J.(his kid and girl)
Nick Y. (His kid and girl)
Shaun (not sure if any fam is coming with)
Mark
Galina and myself (Nick P.)

No word from Matt Fix or Mike Murphy.

Am I missing anyone?
By NickFame13
Actually, we're still up in the air, trying to sort out the whole day and rest of the weekend, but hoping to be able to make it even for a couple hours. The brownies sound epic!
By Powlowski
Well I managed to tighten up my proton pack. So that's good. Lol now I will need help in painting. Basically I want to toch up the glued repair spots and then id like to lightly weather it. Its so flawed I think that will offset the pack nicely. Then maybe shoot it with clear(protect the paint and the decals).
By aliencatx
Hey Nick, Just wanted to let you know that i might be late tomarrow due to weather. The bulk of the storm is tonight but the roads will be icy. Im still coming just taking my time.
By Powlowski
Ok well Derek can't make it. Shaun probably won't be able to either.
Stacy, Mark, and Mike look like a definite yes. Ill be making a brownies and chocolate pie. Dunno on pizza. Lol I have $2 to my name.
By Powlowski
Mark if you have gear you can bring that. Show and tell is always fun! A notebook might be good to have on hand.
By spark
I'll bring money for pizza. My pack isn't done yet so hopefully next time I'll bring it over.

-Mark

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]