For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
Hey guys, I currently live in Dutchess County NY in Hopewell Junction. Looking for fellow members that may be from the area. I'd like to join a group if and find some tips if possible. Surely there's someone out there?
Hey. I live in neighboring Orange County. I just recently got into the whole Bustin' thing, but been a fan of the movies, cartoon, etc for years. I am currently putting together my uniform (gonna start on my pack after the new year), and have been converting my truck into an Ecto. Good to see someone on here from nearby!
Finally some people remotely close, where were you guys when I was living in Orange County, or my short stint in Poughkeepsie? Ugh, oh well. I live in Kingston now, but I'm still up for creating a group or joining or what have you. I had been trying to create a Hudson Valley group for over a year now, with no luck. So then I tried to create one for the Albany/Capital district with no luck. So i thought of combining them and calling it the Capital Hudson GB, but that died too lol.

So perhaps now, with you new guys we can get something going. I'd love to finally join a group that's interested and like building props and wouldn't mind doing events and things like that.

I've built 3 packs at this point, starting on the 4th after the new year, so if you guys need some help let me know! We just need to get Vinny to move back over this way, GB groups seem to flourish wherever he goes...

Also sorry for the rambling, I just always get excited at the prospect of starting a group
Socko525 wrote:Finally some people remotely close, where were you guys when I was living in Orange County, or my short stint in Poughkeepsie? Ugh, oh well. I live in Kingston now, but I'm still up for creating a group or joining or what have you. I had been trying to create a Hudson Valley group for over a year now, with no luck. So then I tried to create one for the Albany/Capital district with no luck. So i thought of combining them and calling it the Capital Hudson GB, but that died too lol.

So perhaps now, with you new guys we can get something going. I'd love to finally join a group that's interested and like building props and wouldn't mind doing events and things like that.

I've built 3 packs at this point, starting on the 4th after the new year, so if you guys need some help let me know! We just need to get Vinny to move back over this way, GB groups seem to flourish wherever he goes...

Also sorry for the rambling, I just always get excited at the prospect of starting a group
Awesome! So glad there are a few others in the general area! I would totally be down to help with the creation of a Hudson Valley Ghostbusters Group! I am starting my first pack in January, just finished scouting out all of the parts. Socko, If it were alright by you, maybe come January you could help me with my pack, since you have a few under your belt and this will be my first one? I wouldn't mind meeting up, Kingston isn't too much of a hike from me. It would be great to correspond, and finally start a Hudson Valley Group! Sorry if I came off crazy lol. I'm just excited by the prospect. Cheers!
Paranormal wrote:
Socko525 wrote:Finally some people remotely close, where were you guys when I was living in Orange County, or my short stint in Poughkeepsie? Ugh, oh well. I live in Kingston now, but I'm still up for creating a group or joining or what have you. I had been trying to create a Hudson Valley group for over a year now, with no luck. So then I tried to create one for the Albany/Capital district with no luck. So i thought of combining them and calling it the Capital Hudson GB, but that died too lol.

Awesome! So glad there are a few others in the general area! I would totally be down to help with the creation of a Hudson Valley Ghostbusters Group! I am starting my first pack in January, just finished scouting out all of the parts. Socko, If it were alright by you, maybe come January you could help me with my pack, since you have a few under your belt and this will be my first one? I wouldn't mind meeting up, Kingston isn't too much of a hike from me. It would be great to correspond, and finally start a Hudson Valley Group! Sorry if I came off crazy lol. I'm just excited by the prospect. Cheers!

That's fine by me. I don't know what you've got in the way of tools and things, but I've got a fairly well stocked workshop down in my basement (band saw, drill press, chop saw, dremel, etc). I'd love to help someone out, and seeing as how I'm going to be starting another one, it'd be nice to have someone to work along side with!
NickFame13 wrote:Greetings and Welcome, from across the Empire State!
Thanks! If I ever have to head back out to Rochester for work, I'll have to let you guys know!
Sounds like a nice setup! I've only got a few odds and ends, handheld saw and drill, dremel, exactly knives etc. Very basic lol. I am very intimidated but excited at the same time. If you'd like to correspond further let me know and I'll send you a pm.
I'd also be on board for the creation of a Hudson Valley Ghostbusters group. Sounds like a great idea! It would be awesome to do events, charities and such. I had been looking in vain for a group to join or form. Nothing really seemed to pan out. Glad all us HV ghostheads are finally coming out of the woodwork!
As I said before, I'm just starting out really, got a Rothco suit for halloween, and put some decals on my truck. Even got my vanity "Ecto" plate. It all started as an idea a long time ago, but since finding GBFans, I've been running with it. I'm on a GB hiatus for the holidays, but can't wait to resume building and "Ecto-ing" afterwards.
Sherlock_Jones wrote:I'd also be on board for the creation of a Hudson Valley Ghostbusters group. Sounds like a great idea! It would be awesome to do events, charities and such. I had been looking in vain for a group to join or form. Nothing really seemed to pan out. Glad all us HV ghostheads are finally coming out of the woodwork!
As I said before, I'm just starting out really, got a Rothco suit for halloween, and put some decals on my truck. Even got my vanity "Ecto" plate. It all started as an idea a long time ago, but since finding GBFans, I've been running with it. I'm on a GB hiatus for the holidays, but can't wait to resume building and "Ecto-ing" afterwards.
Sounds great! Can't wait to make this happen! Any pics of the truck?

Sent from my PC36100 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Yeah I've got a deadline of my pack for labor day (needs to be at my wedding). Which surprisingly wasn't my idea. I'd though about doing something at the wedding, but all my family and my fiance's family said it needs to be there. Now I'm being told that there needs to be 2 packs at the wedding, so the creation of #4 begins. Starting in January/February with a completion date of Sept. or Halloween for you other guys should be no problem.

My 2nd pack was built in under a month, with the majority of the work done in a 72 hour period. So if it gets close to crunch time, I know we can get them done. Although I can say that they look much nicer and I feel better about it when I take my time with it.

Also after we get things going, there's a pretty good surplus store here in Kingston we could probably get some parts from. I never have enough time to look through everything (as its just me), although one afternoon I was able to find a 100' roll of spectre strip ribbon cable for $15, so there are treasures to be found.

So excited for this!
I am extremely stoked about this, I'm hoping we can at least 4 people on board to start the group, I'm shooting to have my pack pretty much done in a 1 to 2 month time period, bearing that I get all the parts in time. Socko, would you happen to have any pics of your packs? I'd love to see your work!
I have some pics of my truck, try to get them up this weekend. It is a 98 Dodge Dakota extended cab, which has been lovingly dubbed the Ecto 1G. It's not white, in fact it's the total opposite; black. In my opinion though, the GB logo on a black vehicle really "pops". I might try to build my own light full size lightbar from two minis I have, cause buying one can get pricey and I need another winter project to keep me busy. Once warm weather returns, my baby is getting the full transformation.

Sent from my DROIDX using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Sherlock_Jones wrote:I have some pics of my truck, try to get them up this weekend. It is a 98 Dodge Dakota extended cab, which has been lovingly dubbed the Ecto 1G. It's not white, in fact it's the total opposite; black. In my opinion though, the GB logo on a black vehicle really "pops". I might try to build my own light full size lightbar from two minis I have, cause buying one can get pricey and I need another winter project to keep me busy. Once warm weather returns, my baby is getting the full transformation.

Awesome! I've always wondered what a black ecto would look like, so I'm pretty excited to see! Have you built a pack yet? I'm about to start one soon.

Sent from my PC36100 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Socko, the fact that the families want a pack at your wedding is awesome. My girlfriend doesn't really know what to make of all this, but is supportive all the same. (Except for the fact that she stated she will never, ever drive my Ecto.) It's nice to be chatting with an experienced builder.

I have never built a pack before, but there's firsts for everything!
I am probably gonna really take my time on it. I still have to buy parts, and I am considering a from scratch build. My deadline was for next halloween. It is all time and money permitting.

Right now money is tied up with bills and Christmas. After my wallet recovers from this month, I'll start collecting parts. I do have some wood laying around the shed/workshop I could use to start my motherboard and basic shell from. Gonna be heavy, but hey, it'll feel more authentic that way right? ; )

I have a few pics of my old pack on,my profile here I believe, but ill post some when I get to work. Feel free to add me on Facebook, I have a bunch of pics of the various packs and places/events I've gone to.

Facebook.com/tedsikora86

EDIT: Actually I can't get onto any photosharing sites from work, so I won't be able to post anything until later. But again feel free to add me on facebook. There's a Halloween 09 album that shows my original uniform and pack.

Between the comicon album and ghostbusters album you can see some progress/finished second pack, and third one at the end of the ghostbusters album. I'm sure there's more in various other places, but those are the albums that come to mind.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
I believe that I'll be sending a request as well.

I'd forgotten to mention it before, but there are some pics of my Ecto 1G up on my page, which is:

facebook.com/SherlockJones27

It's only a few, but you can get an idea of what I'm working with.
Yes as Nick said greetings and welcome fellow GB NY bro!
Sometime when the next big event happens in the area where all going to have to have a meet and greet.
aliencatx wrote:
Yes as Nick said greetings and welcome fellow GB NY bro!
Sometime when the next big event happens in the area where all going to have to have a meet and greet.

That's her way of saying that we need to plan a party! :cool:
Been away a few days. My son was sick, but is all better now. : )

Back to topics at hand;

A Ghostbuster party sounds beyond awesome. Enough said.

Now, my new friends, we pretty much agreed that forming the Hudson Valley Ghostbusters is what we want to do. My question is, where do we start? I guess with equipment and uniforms, right? I think we are all at different stages in that department. Where do we go after that? Should we have a projected "officially open for business" date? What do you guys think?

PS - now that I think of it, the first step should be actually meeting up in person.
Sherlock_Jones wrote:Been away a few days. My son was sick, but is all better now. : )

Back to topics at hand;

A Ghostbuster party sounds beyond awesome. Enough said.

Now, my new friends, we pretty much agreed that forming the Hudson Valley Ghostbusters is what we want to do. My question is, where do we start? I guess with equipment and uniforms, right? I think we are all at different stages in that department. Where do we go after that? Should we have a projected "officially open for business" date? What do you guys think?

PS - now that I think of it, the first step should be actually meeting up in person.
Glad he's all better! So any plans next week? Devin and I were planning on meeting on Monday as we both have off, and we may end up taking a trip to meet Peter Mosen later in the week.

Well as far as equipment goes, I'm in pretty good shape. Outside of a slime blower, containment unit (which is in the works) and an ecto, I have pretty much everything else.

But yeah lets go for an official meetup first. Then perhaps start on procuring equipment and the question that's been bugging me for years...what would the No Ghost symbol be for the HVGB?

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]