For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By goldenhawk
Any NOVA GB members want to help out Toys for Tots. The Toys R Us in Fair Lakes Shopping Center may allow us to come out and help collect toys for the Marine Corp Toys for Tots program. The 501st and Rebel legion are already doing Sunday November 22 and Saturday December 12. The manager said that if we can pick a day, talk to her about it.

I'm thinking Saturday, December 12. Anyhow, please post here to let me know if your interested. If we can get four or five of us together, then I will finalize details with the management.
By exo95er
Goldenhawk, you're the man! Saturday works for me! Just give me a time frame.

Good excuse to pull out the GB2 suit and a Santa hat too!
By goldenhawk
Make that December 5, 2009 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. I just finalized this with the manager Mike. TRU has a shopping event from 9 to 11 in the morning.

We can hang the GBFans.com banner outside to attract people. We can collect toys for Toys for Tots or collect cash donations to spend in the store. Any cash donations that we collect we will have to spend in the store to buy items (toys, baby stuff, etc.) for the Toys for Tots program.

So, besides exo95er and myself, anyone else interested in doing this event? I need to let the manager know how many of us will be there by Wednesday, December 2.

Looking at events like this, I wish my car was white instead of silver. That way, I can have magnetic decals and a removable roof rack made for it to turn it into an Ectomobile.
By goldenhawk
Okay. Toys for Tots is next Saturday, December 5th. So far I have myself, exo95er, bigpoppa0504 and Sol Prime as being there. amigaman and winston 18 won't be there. I haven't heard back from pvtzombi. Has anyone heard from Busterchris and any of the Baltimore GBs?

I'll wait until Wednesday, December 2 to finalize the list with the TRU manager.
By Busterchris
I myself will not be able to make it, i can not get off of work. I'm not sure about any of the other Baltimore GB's I have asked around though in the tread and told them to get in contact with you Hawker. I haven't seen Will Around much either so Im unsure where they stand
By jettajeffro
Good luck guys.

Ironically ours is at exactly the same time, so it's both surrealistic and awesome to think busters on opposite sides of the country are doing the same thing at the same time. I think some of the Florida teams have one around the same time as well. Obvioulsy the last time this kind of thing happend was the game midnight release parties.
By goldenhawk
Maybe next year, the GBs should pick a date in December to hold a National Toys for Tots Nationwide Drive. I'm just hoping that the NOVA GBs can get a lot of donations on Saturday.
By goldenhawk
O.K. I've finalized the NOVA GBs being at the Fair Lakes Toys R Us this Saturday, December 5, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. We can have some people standing at the collection box near the exit. But we are free to walk around the store. Please check in with the manager, Mr. Mike Rector upon arrival.

Here's the flyer:
ghostbusters toys for tots.pdf
By goldenhawk
Leave it to my stuid luck to organize an event and miss it. Thanks to the snow, my wife's car got rear ended in the morning. I ended up taking two boys to get checked out by their doctor.

I am totally bummed out. It looked like it was a great time by all.
By exo95er
Yeah, Sarah Palin was next door at BJ's for her book signing that day. I was tempted to wait in line in gear - I'm sure she would've been surprised. But the weather was pretty bad, it would've ruined my pack.

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?