For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
Looks like pvtzombi, exo95er and myself made NOVA GBs return at the Air and Scare at Dulles a success. Looks like we got the word out that we're back and a couple of possible contacts may join our ranks. We've already gotten the invite to come back next year. Maybe we'll have a display ready for next year.
Goldenhawk, thanks for setting this up with the museum. I had a lot of fun with this event and am happy to have met you and pvtzombi to re-energize the NOVA GBs. I wish I could've stayed longer, but I needed to rest up for the marathon. Hopefully next year's Air and Scare falls on the Saturday that's NOT on the same weekend of the Marine Corps Marathon. Looking forward to working on the display with you for next year's event.

The parents were stoked that we were there. Many of them said it brought back some good memories. The kids, however, some didn't have a clue, and I had a sense that many were "forced" by their parents to get a picture with us. Nonetheless, they all loved our packs and uniform. One lady asked if our packs were from the museum (Smithsonian).

There were two other GBers in rubies costumes, but I didn't get a chance to talk to them. Some pictures from the Air and Scare 2009:

NOVA Ghostbusters:

"We have a live one!"

With the fett family.

Bustin Cap'n Crunch (some kind of 18th century mariner)
I wish I had known about this ahead of time.. I found out about it at the Maryland Renn Faire today because I went in full-outfit... I had half a dozen people ask me if I had been there! Maybe next year. :)
It was nice to meet you all. My son and I had a blast. We had a couple of people asking us how we built the props. We gave them AJ's cards. (BTW, the cards were so popular that we ran out.) It was pure nostalgia for the parents. Some of the kids knew us from the video games.

The couple of guys dressed up in the Rubies costume worked at the Hobby Hanger table at the south end of the building. The owner of Hobby Hangar was poking fun at his employees and had pvtzombi and I take pics with them. The owner said he had to post the pics at the Hobby Hangar website.

Hope you did well in the marathon. We should start planning for next year. I'm upgrading my proton gun into a proton cannon/messon shotgun. We can use the extra gun for the pack you want the fans to try on. I will continue to finish the slime blower.

I will make a kids proton pack for my son soon. I will make two. One for him and another for the kids to try on next year.

Anyhow, here's a couple more pics:
sean air and scare 09.jpg
O.K. NOVA GBs. I finally got copies of the two GB photos taken by the photographer hired by Smithsonian for the Air and Scare 2009 event. The photographer was the guy dressed up as a robot hauling the light around.

Here are the photos:
Air and Scare 2009 1.JPG
Air and Scare 2009 2.JPG
Ms. Ventorini at Smithsonian has already invited us to come back for Air and Scare 2010. Time to start planning and making stuff to display at our table.
    Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]