For users in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, & Utah.
By cowbybill
When we started our Franchise almost a year and a half ago it was just 2 people. Now we have 5 ghostbusters in our group.
We have gone from actively looking for events to having to turn some down due to lack of manpower, So without further ado- The Bay Area Ghostbusters are Hiring!
if you're an outgoing fun loving individual who lives in the SF bay Area and are looking for a franchise to join drop us a PM here or visit our web page at www.Bayareaghostbusters.com and head on over to our "Join Us' page.
There are a few guidelines to joining but we guarantee you'll have fun, and meet some nice folks as well.
hope to hear from ya soon!
The Bay Area Ghostbusters
By Makuta
69428scj wrote:If you're from Santa Rosa, then you're close enough. The sister franchise to the Bay Area is Roseville...you should join!
I would love join, but I think its too far, I wouldn't make it to the gatherings or meetings.

also I don't have a uniform, or a pack (I hear those are a must to join some groups).
i would love to build a pack and get a uniform but its not in the budget right now.
By cowbybill
Sorry been off the boards for a couple of days (stomach flu and a ***load of events) Yup it's been over a year since that first trip to Sac to meet Dan at Bevmo. After you relocated I wasn't sure if the franchise was going to survive, but it did and now here we are, a year later :) as far as being too far we actually do events as far north as Sacramento ( a road trip to Virgina city is also in the works!) and as far south as Monterey (there is an event in the works with the aquaruim. it's not set in stone so I don't want to reveal too much in case it doesn't pan out) Our group also has extra equipment and uniforms that members borrow until they can get thier own stuff so that's not a problem, and we don't require anyone in the group to make events due to travel (we don't get paid to do this and money is tight for everyone) or if they have other commitments.
We have some members that make almost every event and some who only can make 1 or 2 every few months.
We have a member in from Fairfield right now and he can't make alot of things but it's not a big deal.
just food for thought.
Bill
By Makuta
well i would love to join, the main issue is my budget.

the job economy is tough for me right now can cant afford to drive too far because I need to save the gas just so I can to get to work.

if there were events closer to Santa Rosa I would love to meet up.
but with my budget right now i cant travel far.

but when you mentioned Monterey my eyes :shock: I love Monterey.
By Adorkable Eric
I'm in Salinas (about 30 min North East from Monterey) and I'm still in the stages of working on building a pack (by making my own wooden buck with the eventual goal of selling my own shells). I would be interested in something like this. Could I have some more info, please?
By cowbybill
Adorkable Eric wrote:I'm in Salinas (about 30 min North East from Monterey) and I'm still in the stages of working on building a pack (by making my own wooden buck with the eventual goal of selling my own shells). I would be interested in something like this. Could I have some more info, please?
Hi Eric,
First off welcome to GBFans! We're a SF bay area group who do events all over the bay area. We have traveled up to Sacramento, and down to San Jose for events, we're always looking for new folks to join us. We do have some requirements to join (most of which everyone meets if they are here on GBFans) I'll be happy to answer any questions you have and we do have a web site at www.bayareaghostbusters.com (It's undergoing some changes at the moment but it is still up)
By Michael Gonsoski
I've been wanting to put together a GB uniform for the longest time. As I was searching for reference pics I came upon this site. It's cool to see there are others in my area that have a love for everything Ghostbusters. While I'm not a die hard collector I have always been a fan of the movies.

I was living in Union City for awhile and just recently moved to Fairfield. I'd love to try to make some of the events... As soon as I can get my uniform together.
By cowbybill
Hi Michael,
We're always looking for new members, and we have quite a few events coming up just let us know when you have a uniform, and you're more than welcome to join us. One of our members actually lives in Fairfield.
By cowbybill
All you need to come to an event with us is an accurate flight suit and boots. The rest can come later. :) If you want we have 2 events after Wondercon (unless you're going then we'll see you there!) we're doing, they're both in May and you're more than welcome to come out.
we have:
Free Comic Book Day at Heroes and Villains in Downtown Pleasanton May 5th
and
We're hosting an Exhibit at Big Wow Comic Fest in San Jose May 19-20th (A few of us are getting rooms at the convention center) The Roseville Ghostbusters (our sister Franchise) will be there as well.
just let us know we're also on Facebook as well and our web site (it's under going some major overhauls right now) is http://www.bayareaghostbusters.com
The uniform is coming along nicely. Unfortunately the belt I ordered was on back order. But other than that bump in the road the main part of the uniform is complete. I'm working on the belt gizmo and goggles at the moment.

Also, I was wondering, when the time came, would anyone in the area be able to help out with building the Proton Pack??
By cowbybill
We're resurrecting this thread in hopes they're may be some new folks in the San Fransisco Bay Area wanting to join a group. We getting a ton of requests for appearances, and unfortunately we simply can't do them all due to the members in our group not being able to get free,having prior commitments, family, or Medical reasons.
We hate turning down groups and events, but unfortunately we're just spread too thin. Sooo if you're in the San Fransisco Bay Area or the surrounding area, and attending Cons, parades, Haunted Houses, and other events sounds like a good time to you drop us a line!
Just to give give you an idea we do events as far north as the Sacramento/Roseville Area (Usually with the Roseville Ghostbusters) and as far south as San Jose/Gilroy/ Santa Cruz (we had to turn down a GB screening in Santa Cruz)we also travel out to Stockton and the Napa areas.
just shoot us a PM or post here...we're always here on GBfans :D
Hope to hear from some folks soon!
I've, since my last post, completed a full and accurate uniform. I've fabricated a belt gizmo (and am working on a second using real nexie tubes), 2 pairs of goggles (1 pair welding and one pair PVS casting), and am half finished with my proton pack. I was planning on going to WOW! but because SDCC is so close don't know if I would be able to make it anymore. I am totally willing to show up for events as long as they fall on days I am available. I'm also collecting pieces for a junk pack for my son. I think he would have a blast doing events like these.
By cowbybill
Cool! We're doing free comic book day at Heroes and Villains in downtown Pleasanton on May 5th. You're more than welcome to come down and join us.
the address is :
264 Main Street, Pleasanton CA
925-399-5352.
We'll be there from 10:30- approx 3:00pm
Feel free to bring your son along I'm sure he'd enjoy it as well.
We hope you can make it and look forward to meeting you!
By cowbybill
CosplayFan84 wrote:Are you guys still taking memberships? I live up near the Reno area still in the Nor Cal area though. I just live kinda far from a lot of major cities lol. I'm currently doing a jumpsuit and having my pack built by a fellow GB fans member right now. I would love to join if possible.
Sure you can join we're always hiring! Just let us know when you're ready to start doing events
cowbybill wrote:
CosplayFan84 wrote:Are you guys still taking memberships? I live up near the Reno area still in the Nor Cal area though. I just live kinda far from a lot of major cities lol. I'm currently doing a jumpsuit and having my pack built by a fellow GB fans member right now. I would love to join if possible.
Sure you can join we're always hiring! Just let us know when you're ready to start doing events
Ok great, thanks for the reply back. When is the next event you guys are doing if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to start setting aside some to get prepared for any events you guys may be doing in the next few months or so. Military life can be hectic and things come up unannounced at times lol. But I'll do my best to make the events that you're attending :)
By cowbybill
Cory GB Maine wrote:I am officially moving to the Bay Area in early September. Can't wait to get out and setteled. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Excellent! We can't wait for you to get out here and meet ya! We got lots coming up in Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec so I'm sure we can keep ya bustin! ;)
By cowbybill
Cory GB Maine wrote:We are having no luck finding places to live but hell or high water we will be in San Fran in early Sept.
If you get here and settled in time we have a Parade on Sept. 15th. Your more than welcome to join us!

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]