For users in: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, & Wyoming.
By pseadynamo
Hello NW GB Fans,

I thought I would try to kickstart a thread for Seattle. Is anyone interested in a costume party in Fremont? Its' 80's theme with a costume contest so Ghostbusters fits right in at 1984/89... 10/26/2013 it's $12 at the door

http://seattlepipeline.com/events/seatt ... ty-nectar/

If anyone else has ideas for a GB fans gathering... otherwise I guess ECCC is in March
By pseadynamo
Hey welcome to the GB fans! Great to see another fan from the Seattle area.
By pseadynamo
Hello Seattle area busters hope you have tickets for ECCC. They are sold out except for Friday however I did see some 3 day passes at Ft. Lewis for sale on Craigslist.

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/
By pseadynamo
I also wanted to post this about the free outdoor movie in Fremont on July 12th. Ghostbusters!

I'm looking forward to wearing the gear outside at night when LEDs look the best... hopefully not in the rain.

" Seattle's largest, funniest, longest-running outdoor movie series is back on July 12th with a free screening on opening night of Ghostbusters in honor of Harold Ramis!"

By pseadynamo
I can sympathize with the parts issues. I built my pack over 5/6 months and wore it to ECCC 2013 as my first public outing, I had several things wrong with it but its a lot like overnight backpacking... you find out what works, what breaks easily and what's too heavy in a couple hours : )
By needanID
Tell me about it. I carried a USCM (Aliens) Smart Gun at some cons. Got heat exhaustion out of the deal. :). So I can do is wait for the parts to keep coming in.
By pseadynamo
It would be really cool to see more Seattle Ghostbusters in July! Hi freudiandave I have seen folks use the Matty Thrower on a scratch built pack if you get short on project time. It actually looks like a great setup with sound, etc.

Also just a side note if you have the means to get to Rose City CC Portland in Sept. you'll want to go. Ernie Hudson will be there signing autographs!
By freudiandave
Hey, just FYI, if anyone needs any aluminum stock for handles, mother boards, etc. send me a pm. I have a vendor for this stuff and could get it at my company discount. Best thing would be if we did a batch order to cover any shipping/cutting fees.
By pseadynamo
Hello locals! My neighborhood carnival music fest is on Saturday June 7th and they typically have some cool costumes in the crowd... mostly steampunk and stuff. I thought it might be cool to tell you all about it. I will be wearing my ghostbusters T-shirt with a beverage of some kind. if anyone wants to walk around in full gear or just jumpsuit I'll do it we have the Fantagraphics comic book store there, etc.

Maybe next year I will build a power tool GB ghost trap to race!

Below is the poster from last year the 2014 one isn't up yet...

http://www.georgetownmerchants.org/geor ... nival.html
By pseadynamo
My wife went to the Chop Suey club last night on capital hill and they were playing Ghostbusters on the screen in the back room. Sooo... I give them some cool points for that.

IMPORTANT: On another note the Fremont Outdoor GB1 movie moved to AUGUST 16th should be a good turnout. I am planning to wear the flight suit and keep the gear in the car but if I see more GB fans in gear I will definitley suit up!

BUY A TICKET AND JOIN THE COSTUME CONTEST!!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ghostbuste ... 1913731291
By pseadynamo
It is with a very disappointed mood that I post this:
CHANGE OF SCHEDULE ALERT: Our August 16th screening of Ghostbusters has been cancelled due to Sony Pictures recently pulling it, due to a 30th anniversary re-release. We are very sorry and were notified last Thursday. We will announce our plans this Wednesday for a alternate movie. We will be issuing refunds for all current ticket holders for now for that date.

‘Ghostbusters’ gets a retro 30th anniversary release trailer | EW.com
Sometimes it’s best not to mess with the classics. So, in honor of the 30th anniversary theatrical...
By pseadynamo
... Yes it's true, that film company has no dick. Not like they would have lost any money come August 30th.

Some possible local franchise names:

SGBC = Seattle Ghostbusters Club
ECGB = Emerald City Ghostbusters

....work in progress here
By pseadynamo
Hello SGBC (Seattle Ghostbusters Community). I am looking at the showtimes for this weekend and here is what I came across. Southcenter is closest to me and since I want to take my little guy I think we're doing the 7:00pm on Friday in our jumpsuits... :

Showtimes for Ghostbusters
Thu, Aug 28Fri, Aug 29th
All timesMorningAfternoonEveningNight

Cinemark Lincoln Square Cinemas - Map
Standard7:00pm9:45pm

AMC Southcenter 16 - Map
Standard7:00pm9:3012:01am

AMC Kent Station 14 - Map
Standard7:00pm9:45[pm

Century Federal Way - Map
Standard7:00pm9:40pm

Regal Everett Mall Stadium 16 & RPX - Map
Standard7:30pm10:20pm
By pseadynamo
Hello Seattle GB,
HALLOWEEN 2014

So there is this costume party at the EMP on Friday 10/31/14. Looks like a blast but then maybe they told these people they would get free drinks if they looked giddy for the cameras...

http://www.halloweenseattle.com/

general admission is $39 and there is a costume contest, etc
By needanID
I'm in the Kirkland area. With luck I'll have my pack textured and painted with all metal parts painted by this weekend. I get to bondo and fiberglass my Vince n-filter Friday night too. The part on the horizon causing anxiety is the lighting and sound set up. :O
By freudiandave
Awesome! I just did the lights on mine. Like I said, if you want help or anything don't hesitate to ask.

On that note, I'm having trouble with the sound on my pack and I'm not really sure what the issue is. I'd love to get together with someone with more experience than me and see if we can troubleshoot it sine time. I'm not worried about having that done before Halloween though.
By needanID
Sounds good Dave. I will be starting on the lights and sounds next weekend. Maybe Monday at the earliest. My priority is the hardware painting and shell texturing first.
By pseadynamo
Hey sounds like some awesome packs being built out there! Mine has barely any aluminum parts but I recently installed the Heavy Props sound board and I asked for some custom sounds. It has the proton fire sequence with the overtemp alarm which I really like even though it's not from the movie its from GB-TVG.

I am using the output of the soundboard into a 15 watt amp and 3 speakers ( 2 of the 3" in the outer shell and one 5.25" in the backboard. sounds good but I am also having battery issues. Seems like I can run ok for about 4 hours and that's it... then I have to run lights only.
I do have a GB fan sound board that I'm not planning on using. If anyone wants to buy/trade something for it just IM me.
By needanID
I would like to think mine will be awesome. I am following Jay's good build plus best practice ideas such as textured fiberglass and extending barrel options. I wanted to start up my build thread, but had problems embedding the picts.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]