For users in: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, & Wyoming.
By Ecto-1 fan
Looks like they have an 8 foot height limit due to the entrance gate.
Ecto may not fit. :shock:
I will have to try to measure it all dressed up.
By egie
Im really psyched for the drive in, and the ecto would make it so much more amazing! I hope it fits... I have been to that drive in before, its really cool. If it all works out it will be great to see my favorite movie there as part of a GB group, especailly if we are with an ecto!
By egie
You know we could probably call the drive in and tell them about the ecto and the group, im sure they would love to have us and maybe make an exception for the height limit and allow us to come in early through the exit. They might even reserve a spot for us to park near the back so the car wont be in the way but will be in a good spot for people to see.
By Ecto-1 fan
Those are good points, but from looking at pics on their website, the issue is that there is a gate to drive through that has a "ceiling." Hence the height limitation. I may not be able to check it out for a couple of days, but will try to find out as soon as I can.

There is also a possibility of making the rack "partially collapsible" and standing it back up after the entrance. I'm not out of ideas yet. ;)
By RoseCityBuster
I'm stoked for this! Not that there's any pressure Ecto 1. Lol. We do appreciate your hard work. :-)

Sent from my PKE meter.
By MyraC
Thanks Ecto-1 for the heads up on the drive-in movie! I haven't been to one in ages! I hope my work schedule cooperates because I have a mind to go check it out.
By MyraC
Actually, I'm working til 7pm, so I can just head over after work and still catch the movie!
By egie
The movie wont start untill a bit after it gets dark, so you should be fine.
By Ecto-1 fan
Spending some time working on Ecto today (unfortunately, I need several more hours than I may have available). And have some kinda' good news. Looks like it comes in at about 7'-9" or 7'-10" tall. :shock:
Talk about cutting it close!
It looks like the drive-in is almost a 2 hour drive for me. :-?
Back to work I go!
By MyraC
Thanks for the update! We're all rooting for ya!
By Ecto-1 fan
Well, true to form- she's fighting me every step of the way, but I'm pretty stubborn, too.
I'm going to be out of town for a couple days (my anniversary-yay!), but will get back on it when we return.
Deadlines are good. ;)
By Ecto-1 fan
I'm out there working on the car, and still running into difficulties at every turn. Still missing one important light (seller shorted me). But I will still try.
This rain isn't helping either, but tomorrow is supposed to be nice. I should know for certain by about 2:00 tomorrow (I'll need to leave about 4:15).
Everyone think positron thoughts!
By Ecto-1 fan
Not looking good right now guys. I can't get the coach doors open (which is what holds my ghetto rack on). Trying to get some penetrating oil on them, but that's eating into precious construction time. :(:-x
Still missing 1 light. I'm trying........
By Ecto-1 fan
Well, I'm not worried about MY afterlife. :wink:
On to plan B for rack and rear lighting. Not super happy with it, but i really want to make this happen. Will get another hour or 2 labor tonight, then go after it in the morning with a clear head and a little more sun!
By RoseCityBuster
I can't make it tonight. Since MyraC is working late and I've got the podcast tomorrow I'm just going to stay in tonight. Sorry folks.

Sent from my PKE meter.
By egie
Sorry you cant make it! Ecto-1 fan, if you are still going it may just be me and you. Let me know what time you think you will be down if you can make it.
By Ecto-1 fan
I'm here, a little late (more on that later). In the back, far left. Hope we get to meet some of you.
By evallded
It looks like I missed on some great stuff. Hey guys, if your building an Ecto, and obviously that is happening...I am not on here all the time but I do work for a body shop, I have a lot of tools at my disposal. And I usually have time and am more then willing to help wherever I can. So, as I said. I am not on here all the time but if you guys need help please feel free to get ahold of me. This is my number, feel free to shoot me a text, or leave a message or whatever 5038914853.

I hope everyone has been having a great year, Ive had my head shoved so far up my other projects that I havent even been on here with the exception of a few quick posts. I can say that I have some interesting and exciting stuff going on and cant wait to be able to show you guys....ahem, and girls.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]