For users in: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, & Wyoming.
By Thumpernicus
Hi all, I designed this rough draft for our local Franchise. I want to make up patches of this when it is finished. Whaddya all think?

By Thumpernicus
It's George Washington... as in the the guy who our state is named after...
By Thumpernicus
Well, I can tell right away I won't be trading patches with too many of you... =P
By exo95er
My wife is from Spokane and she got it. Maybe lose the hat and use the likeness that's on the dollar bill or state flag.
By Thumpernicus
Some_Guy wrote:Still seems rather "Anti-Washington" to me. Kinda sending the wrong messages.
Have you seen many of the other "local" custom patches from other groups? Same kinda message...
By Some_Guy
I've seen the state flag in the red area (So-Cal's), a Florida Logo replacing the ghost with an alligator (I wouldn't want Alligators), But..."No-Washington"?

I mean, at least the other state logos have the ghost wearing something, the ghost isn't a historical figure.

Maybe just the No-Ghost in a Tri-point hat? No need for that creepy Washington face.

Also, with the O's in Washington and Spokane, they should match.
By Thumpernicus
ProtonCharger wrote:the one you have in your signature is perverse.

So, I have to ask. What's with you being a total douchebag? Can't offer some constructive criticism? Take it somewhere else. Thank you.
By Thumpernicus
Some_Guy wrote:I've seen the state flag in the red area (So-Cal's), a Florida Logo replacing the ghost with an alligator (I wouldn't want Alligators), But..."No-Washington"?

I mean, at least the other state logos have the ghost wearing something, the ghost isn't a historical figure.

Maybe just the No-Ghost in a Tri-point hat? No need for that creepy Washington face.

Also, with the O's in Washington and Spokane, they should match.

I understand what you mean now about where the word "washington" is located. I decided to move it. This IS basically our state flag... Green with Washington's face. We have the unique privilege(??) of having a state named after a real person. I think Georgia is the only other named after a person and they have enough "historical color" to draw from instead. Washington is a very native american influenced state and I could not add that influence to the logo without making it look rascist or anti-indian. So, the quandary continues. Thank you for your feedback. It is appreciated.

Here's an alternate design. More "traditional ghostbuster" and less "anti-washington".
By btnkdrms
This Washington State logo was part of the reason I signed up to GB Fans.

I knew at a glance the logo looked familiar but couldn't place Washington as the ghost (mostly because of the hat)

I think Georg Washington's hair is what makes him George Washington - and his eyes, nose and mouth; he's got kind of a smug.

So to get more to the point I've been thinking over what it is about Washington State that is unique besides being the only state actually named after a President, has five major volcanoes as part of the Cascade Range, and rains a lot.

Washington State and the Pacific Northwest in general has a great and wonderful tradition in the Strange & Unexplained.

On yeah, and I made some patches based on the Pacific Northwest Legend Bigfoot (a.k.a. Sasquatch).

Mostly I made two ..

The multiple color Circle Slash is just to show the different colors themes for the patches - I'm partial to the green circle slash since this design is intended for Washington State (the Evergreen State).

Originally I started work on the purple one with the hands and the foot and the eyes hidden in the dark - it wasn't purple when I started. In all actuality I didn't know what the colors were going to be like so I started tinkering around and in this example I show the standard brown fingers with the dark nails.

I opted for a cryptid firstly because (to me at least) it's not about just ghosts --it's about investigating the unknown; although the Ghostbusters specialize in tracking and trapping ghosts; if you're a Ghostbuster from the Pacific Northwest you can expect more than just a spooks, spectres or ghosts.

You'll notice multiple arrangements for that theme - since it is in vector I have control over how and where the hands go. The object to the bottom right with the exception of the blue one is a foot (or at least the toes). The idea is that big foot is pulling and kicking through the circle slash and doing major damage. I could do more hand gestures and change the placement around, but for the sake of this sample preview I just tossed up the most common placements.

NOW –after having slaved over a hot computer making the crushing hands I didn’t feel that the level of detail would translate very well to an effective patch, and the fact that Bigfoot is scaled down to just eyes and a nose will kind of miss the mark as being a anything identifiable. After a lunch break I came back to the patch and though a little bit about if I were to show the ghost of a Bigfoot, what would it look like.

Initially I started just taking what assets I did make and apply then to the GB Ghost. It started with the eyes, cheek accent and the nose and the crease on the side of the mouth became the philtrum (that dip under your nose just above the top lip in the middle) and later when it was time to add the little details. Mostly lines around the face to represent sideburns but to make room for all of this I actually had to increase the height of the top of the skull; to give it a higher forehead. I later added the bangs in his hair so it’s more like Chewbacca from ESB or Jedi; but longer because it’s still Bigfoot (thanks to my dog Monk, for the inspiration). I cheated on the OTHER side of by using two lines and just creating a white wedge; similar technique applied to comic book characters. In the end of the day (literally and not figuratively) the PNW No-Ghost Bigfoot patch was created.

I can go on and on about design choices and techniques applied in making this patch - I'm so confident in it's design I even generated an embroidered sample one (using an embroidery effect on the vector) just to see and show you guys what it could pretty much look like as a patch!

ALSO - Thanks to GB Fans for providing all sorts of reference materials, I used the Adobe Illustrator version of the GB Logo from this site and it was a great time saver.

Please let me know what you think - I'm NOT quite where I want to be with this patch and would like some creative feedback on this.

If you'd like to see more samples of my work you can check out my Deviant Art page http://btnkdrms.deviantart.com
By btnkdrms

This is an updated version of the previous patch test show; mostly adjusting the thickness of the lines around the eyes and centering the philtrum (more). I've also added two white circles in the eyes to pop them peepers.

It's still a work In Progress.

This is a Red version of the PNW GB-Bigfoot. Because the intention of this design is to represent the Pacific Northwest Ghostbusters' franchise it was designed with intention of having a green circle slash with possibly a deep yellow gold on the inside of the logo. The red one is to keep it more traditional to the classic No-Ghost Logo.

I added this one to the gallery in case someone looking might actually want a Red one for themselves to have.
By btnkdrms
Initially after having read this thread I wanted to take a crack at a Washington State GB No-Ghost. Originally I thought this was a general thread about Washington State; and so I submitted samples of a Big Foot No-Ghost patch. Turns out that is not the case - got some fair feedback so I just kept going with he Big Foot No-Ghost patch and (at this time) working on a Mystery Monster patch (the one with the eyes) and plan to post those as they evolve elsewhere.

And by elsewhere I mean http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 65&t=29397.

SO without further wasting time here are a couple of submissions and creator notes for collaboration and consideration with Thumpernicus.

I focused on an actual George Washington ghost at first. Not necessarily a No-Ghost but just a G-Dub with a knowing smile across the face. I've never done a portrait or caricature of any one person alive or dead before so this was interesting. Since it was George Washington's ghost I wanted to make no mistake to most people with a US Dollar bill in their pocket would know who this guy is. With time I would have made a master version of this then probably dabbled with making it look more like money. Then of course make a back story to go with why he's a money ghost and what the Cherry Axe was about.

--See, the arms were definitely NOT FINAL and it was about this point that I extended the offer to collaborate on a G-Dub ghost design with Thumpernicus. Based on notes passed back to me it was made clear to avoid is a “No Washington” message. So it (the patch/final design) should reflect the state without being a symbol of "Statebusters”.

So taking cues from the notes about a Colonial era No-Ghost I started making this one. Washington State was established as the 42nd state in the Union 34 years after the Civil War ended in 1889 and its only Colonial era connection would have been the Lewis & Clark Expedition "Corps of Discovery Expedition" (1804–1806).

I made this Un'Fraid American Colonial era themed No-Ghost first - I use the classic No-Ghost as a base and then literally chopped its head off to fit a new head with the new face on it - I like describing it that way; it sounds more gruesome than it was. The 'Fraid version of the face was something to work with in the event it was decided to go with a more frightened ghost.

I also started to rebuild the Ghost's body to be less of a fatty and more in-line with a well toned aggressive ghost. Maybe he was some kind of tracker in a past life, a soldier maybe? Who knows. I do ;) It was at this point no feedback was received and I shelved this design to continue on with the one more phase.

NOTE: Clarity of the image was a concern so to give an idea of detail by comparison I made a mock-up of a 12" x 10" patch (you would see on the back of a jacket or something) and the scaled down 4" x 4 1/4" arm GB-patch. This image isn't 1:1 or anything but you get the idea.

Part of that phase was to at least rebuild the hat to be more like the original Spokane No-Ghost. Good ol'fatty No-Ghost logo, after 2 hours of making that hat look less and less like @$$. Initially (as a time saver) I vectorized the original Spokane No-Ghost's tricorn (or tricorne) hat (preview above) and popped it on top of the custom ghost I made as a temporary place-holder asset. The hat really wasn't coming together fast enough and my patience was wearing thin so I made some banners and tags to accent the logo to get some ideas on where to go with this.

And that's where I'm at with this. What I'm looking for here is feedback - constructive criticism is fine only when there is a solution or suggestion. If its too negative I don't acknowledge it, designing these things stress enough and when it stops being fun that means it is time to walk away.

Don't be 'fraid and be welcomed to help us out here with this design!
By evallded
Absolutely love this! I think the ghost with the hat and no hair kinda gives a pirate vibe about it. But the ghost with the hat and the hair nails it perfectly. IMO if it had the yellow banner flowing with the circle and saying either Washington or Washington state its a wrap!

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]