By Bulletproof70
Hi folks,

It's been a while since I was last on here, so long in fact that my original plan to show my Proton Pack build in stages now means it's been complete and sat gathering dust in my office for a few years! :)

Anyway, I have a problem with my ALICE Pack Frame that I'm hoping someone will be able to help with. After wearing the pack last Halloween, I noticed that two parts at the top of the metal frame have become separated. It looks like the cap head(?) screw holding those together has snapped, possibly due to the weight of the pack and the original battery attached to the lower section.
Does anyone have any idea how I can go about repairing it and making the pack safe to wear again? I've never done any welding and I'm not sure I want to go down that route. I'm basically hoping there's a quick fix, where I can be lazy and not have to take the frame off the pack to repair it. :)

Thanks in advance!
By Dan AKA
If you're talking about where the center verticle flat bar connects to the top pipe that is a rivet. Drill out the defective rivet and pop in a new one.
Kingpin liked this
By Kingpin
Bulletproof70 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 4:00 am Thanks, Dan! I'll see if I can remove the rivet without having to take the frame off the motherboard and then put in a new one.
I know it'd be a pain to uninstall it from the motherboard, but removing the sheered pop-rivet and installing a new one is going to be a lot easier if the frame's unencumbered by the weight and wield of the rest of the Pack being attached.
By Bulletproof70
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I can see I'm going to have to go down that route and remove the frame altogether. I was just hoping I could try the lazy way first. :)

Does anyone know the correct pop-rivet to use?

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]