Hello everyone!

I wanted to run an idea by the group to gauge interest in creating a guide (PDF & Epub) on the Proton Pack. Ideally, this guide would be similar to The Ultimate Guide to the Lightsaber, which can be seen at:
http://wannawanga.com/wp-content/upload ... _Guide.pdf

Ideally, the guide would be great to have topics such as:

History of the Pack (including stunt, semi-hero, and hero)
Pack design & Part Breakdown
Build Plans
Behind the Scenes Photos
Reference Photos (highlights)
Notable Replicas
*Anything else folks would be interested in*

Now, I understand that this website has all of the resources you could want plus more, but I feel like it would be nice to have something all consolidated into a file, especially for new folks.

At this moment, I am just brainstorming, but I wanted to get some feedback on the subject.

Thanks!
jpetrutis81, Bough10, EnderWeggen and 1 others liked this
That's quite an undertaking but I can see how it could be greatly beneficial.
Especially to people who are new to the prop.

I'm far from an expert but I have a bit of an obsession with collecting images and info about the pack so I'd be happy to contribute in any way that I can.

I'm currently working on a couple of short guides for my costuming group, one covering the various textures in the finish and also a brief overview of some of the more obscure details on the Hero packs.
Last edited by RedSpecial on March 9th, 2020, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kodee-Wan liked this
I think it’s a great idea. I’d like to see each of the screen used packs differentiated and all their individual quirks laid out. There is a lot on the Spengler pack, for example, but less that I’ve found on the Stantz.. For those looking to build specific or multiple packs it would sure be great to have a compilation of all the info in one spot for this. I’m sure all the info exists somewhere on the forum but it can be tiring trying to sift through a million posts to find something and I’ve found the search feature to be lacking at times.
Thought about this myself, mostly because I'd love to combine it with my other hobby: bookbinding (also thinking of Tobin's Spirit Guide using the RGB comic inserts from it too).

It's... a lot of work. Especially as a lot of the details are currently unknown (and may never be known)
EnderWeggen liked this
I think that'd be a great idea. Having a bunch of images / drawings from different angles would probably be a huge help to people who want to scratch-build something on their own, even if it's not totally up to movie accuracy. Now, depending on the size of the book, do you have any interest in looking at other GB tech / props like the trap / slimeblower, etc?
Yeah, that was my thought with it originally. Sort of a "ghostbuster guide". Uniform, Goggles, Trap, Pack, and PKE.

Though this concept is inspired by the lightsaber one so it's deliberately more specific (and shorter - the linked one would be a section in a general guide, as in depth as it is).
    Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?