Took delivery of of my Spirit Halloween Proton Pack today and was wondering what my fellow GBFans who've modified the packs have done when they've chosen to replace the foam and cardboard backing when they wish to make changes to the insides (lighting, sounds, etc)?

I've seen a few videos where people have replaced the whole of the backing with a sturdier material but what are peoples preferences who've done this? What material do you use and is it easily taken off and put back on again when you wish to make more changes, change batteries etc? I'm very interested to read your responses.
I cut mine out of 1/4” plywood with a jigsaw. I traced the original cardboard motherboard (yuck) and trimmed until it fit snugly. It sits recessed into the plastic body of the spirit pack and adds much needed rigidity. I screwed it together with some “L” brackets, U-clips, and some screws sourced from Home Depot. I can see about posting pics if you’re interested. I’m not sure who to use as a host
Fake Shemp liked this
I used MDF board, traced it out and cut it with a jigsaw and then sanded it to clean it up. I made the L brackets using some JB weld and nut, been together for over a year and I've taken the shell off tons of times and no issues with them. I made these before I learned to tap aluminum so that's also an option if you have a tap set. You can see pictures of it in my build thread, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44761

I used black corrugated plastic (corroplast)

I traced and glued it to the cardboard. Works pretty good. Will have to rebuild it eventually as this was my “get under the tree quick” build.

Don’t worry, I’m custom 80% scale ALICE frame is bolted to the shell.

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?