So, an infinitesimally small number of you may remember the hand-built pack I built for WonderCon a few years ago (I’m the guy who built it for a MOLLE frame rather than an ALICE) and while I’m beyond ecstatic that it worked out, there were parts of it that were less-than-ideal. For example, insulation foam boards aren’t the heaviest material but I have options that can be much lighter. For example, I can use EVA foam. Since I’m already working on an unrelated cosplay project with it, I figured I’d start on a brand new pack with that foam. So, I’m wondering if the community has any consensus on which Pepakura patterns are best to use if I want to use foam instead.

Also, if I build a pack to movie spec, how difficult would it be to convert it to a TVG pack if I build the extras? I really want to make the VG pack eventually.
When I built my Pep shell a few years ago there weren't any pep plans available. I put mine together by researching several plans. I think it worked out pretty well. Sadly in my excitement and haste I didn't make a master set for later use. Truth be told, I wasn't confident it was going to work. It did and I'm itching to do another shell build. I love working with EVA but I don't know I'd trade the solid fibreglass shell for EVA. A hybrid may be cool....some rock solid, some EVA. To each their own. I'm sure whatever you come up with it will be awesome. Good luck and post the build!

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]