By GreenPandaGuy
So for Halloween I went all out for Halloween and made my own Ghostbuster costume with a spirit pack that uses a matty thrower with spongeface's board to connect it to the spirit lights. I've been looking into making a proper thrower that's more it's size, doing general cosmetic upgrades, and installing a vent relay. But I feel bad for pouring so much money into a spirit pack since I want to be a ghostbuster for Halloween for the rest of my life. I want to make my own full sized pack but I don't have the skills nor the tools to do so. I've looked at Karnivoruscreations and Benofkent for kits but I'm afraid I won't be able to finish them or make them like I want them to look like. I also looked at Anvos' pack which seems to be ideal for me since the pack is mostly snap on pieces and I could just throw the electronics in there and call it good. I feel like I want a mostly aluminum pack with a fiberglass shell but I'm not sure if that's the best route. I've also been thinking of just upgrading the spirit pack and then making a full sized one when I feel comfortable. What do you guys think?
By Kingpin
Historically while there's always been one or two sellers at any given time who've offered full Proton Pack commisions, the greater number of sellers have been people who've specialized in select parts rather than complete assemblies. In addition to that there's the greater production time needed to fully assemble a Pack, rather than provide all the parts needed for one, and leaving the assembly up to the customer.

And there is an argument to be made about an unassembled Pack being a better option, in addition to it allowing you to customise/weather it to the degree you wish, in a unbuilt state, it's in some ways easier to fix any damage that may occur during transit.

But as noted with your situation, not everyone is in the postion skill, or spacewise to build them themself.

I'd definitely campaign for metal bits over resin: An aluminium Proton Gun has the strength (and then some) of a resin Proton Gun, and has oodles more interior space for electronics and pop mechanisms. Though depending on how much metal a particular piece requires, it could end up being heavier than a resin counterpart.

Most fans go for a fibreglass shell with metal motherboard, and then there's possibly a more even spread between people who go for resin "greeblies", and those who go for metal "greeblies".

There are some people who offer vacuum-formed plastic shells - the downsides to these are that some of them are much "softer" in the details due to the vac-forming process, and could be thin in spots compared to a fibreglass shell.

There's a bit of a feedback thread for Karnivourus here: Link - the general vibe seems to be favourable.
By joezlo
I would keep modding your spirit pack until you feel comfortable getting a full size pack. build your skill set and then apply what you've learned to a full size kit. (And if you mess up on a spirit pack, it's not like you cant get another one easy!)
By twmedford23
If you'd like, I can offer to put a pack together for you. I am somewhat tired up with work and family at the moment, so it might take a cpl of months before I could get started. But I can promise that it would be ready in time for Halloween. I've sold a few packs on here and can provide plenty of pictures if you need them, including those of my own personal packs. Just let me know.
By GreenPandaGuy
twmedford23 wrote: January 8th, 2019, 3:01 pm If you'd like, I can offer to put a pack together for you. I am somewhat tired up with work and family at the moment, so it might take a cpl of months before I could get started. But I can promise that it would be ready in time for Halloween. I've sold a few packs on here and can provide plenty of pictures if you need them, including those of my own personal packs. Just let me know.
Hmm, maybe. What materials would it be made out of and around how much would it be? Also yes or no on electronics?

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]