There is a sci fi event coming up in a nearby town in Feb, and the theme this year is steampunk. Since I have been wanting to make a steampunk pack for a while, and I had some spare time, I finally made one. It is all handmade, no 3d printing, etc. It is mostly made of wood cut the traditional way on a saw. There are a few lights, but mostly all the functions and displays are mechanical instead of electronic. A video of it working is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c89oZlvHYvo

ImageImage

Here is another pic of the wand:

Here is a slime blower pack I am working on for my daughter, I am using mason jars for the tanks. There is a small air pump in the wooden chest that will "gurgle" some pink dish washing soap that will be in the jars. It also has a sound effects board that makes slime squirting noises. The two spot lights at the top are homemade antique "light bulbs" that glow yellow with LEDs.

By the way, here is the schematic I use for the servo on the ghost trap. In this case i used the 100k potentiometer, but on my modern pack with the footpedal, it switches between two preset resistor values. You would have to tweak the values to give you the right "throw" of the servo. The servo arm is connected to a string that runs in a tube under the base and splits into a "y" to pull open the doors. The doors have a spring to close them and a peg to close against so they center properly. In my modern trap, it uses a stiff cable and pushes the doors open, again with the tube and "y" configuration.

Also here are the labels for the wooden batteries. Notice some Easter eggs hidden within. The EGON battery has two 6v gel cells in it, so it is an actual battery.
Last edited by amigafin on January 24th, 2019, 3:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mike_waclo, Kingpin, EnderWeggen and 5 others liked this
By JWils23
I’ll be the first to say that usually steam punk isn’t my thing but this is flat out awesome! After watching the video you may have made me a believer!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]