By Etigo
Hello everyone. I hope you're all great!!! :-D

UNFORTUNATELY FOR ALL OF YOU, I'M BACK!!! :-P LOL

A few times ago, I posted a thread about my Still Not Finished Pack...
http://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44133

With my very first Shell, that I made from a Mastermold I built myself...

And last Sunday, I found some time to work on my mold...
But at first I made some trials with the gelcoat and the resin to be sure that I won't make mistakes again...
You can see these trials on the right from my mold on this picture...

And this time, I took more time, more gelcoat that on my first Shell, and a BLACK COLORANT for the resin and the Gelcoat, to have a kind of preview with a black Shell...
And I was really scared of what I was doing because I was my third time working on the Fiberglass... And I worked on Fiberglass OUTSIDE...
So here it was, on Sunday night...

And the next day, or three days ago... ANYWAY... :-P
The moment of truth...

So I took a few pictures of my differents steps of geeting this out from the mold...

Well, bad things was for the little bent Crank Generator...

And the right side of the Synchronious Generator with a lot of work...

And other places to work on, but not that much...

BUT

Sorry, it's better here...

I think it looks a little better than mine, even the Cyclotron and Powercell are not bent...

Sorry for my reaction... I Couldn't help it!!! :-P

And at last, this Black Shell pictures taken on the outside from the garage...

To be honest with you, in spite of the fact that I was really scared to make another Shell, I'm quite happy to have realized the Shell. Maybe because it looks much acheived that mine, and it's not for me, but for someone else!!! :-D

And when I compare the last pics with my Mastermold pictures taken at the end of August 2017, I'm a little satisfied to see that this Black Shell looks like my Mastermold... LOL :-P

Voilà.
Last edited by Etigo on November 13th, 2018, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
tobycj, Christof, robandliv and 1 others liked this
By Etigo
Thanks BustinScottie1977, nastynoah and TragicManner for your comments!!! :-D
BustinScottie1977 wrote:How much for a shell
It's a very good question. To be honest, I haven't sold anithing yet by internet... Even in my country!!! LOL
And when I wanted to make a Mastermold and Mold, in 2012, it was for an experimental reason, I just wanted to see how far will I be ready to go. Yeah, at that time I only was able to use a Drill and a Screwdriver... Since then, I won't say I know everything about Silicon and Fiberglass, but I learned a lot, and I hope to learn a lot again!!! :-D

If I plan to sell a Shell, I think I won't ask more than 100€ + Shipping for a few reasons.
- I only make a shell when I have the time. Because it's not my Job, it's just a hobby.
- Since December 2017, I'm a proud Daddy, so it will be harder for me to find the time, and the fact that I don't really have a proper place to work doesn't help a lot...
It means that if I find the time to make a shell I don't really know if I will find the time to work on the details again, like air bubbles, due to my personal and professionnal reasons...
- I don't really know if I will be able to make or to sell a lot of Shell, and somewhere, I wouldn't like to take a Real Prop Maker's Job... But all I can say for the moment is that if I plan to sell a Shell, it only will be when a Shell is already done and kind of ready to be sent. Whatever the number of shells I will make or sell. I woudn't like to be black listed or worse... ANOVOSED!!! :-P

I hope my answer help you, BustinScottie1977... :-D I have to admit that your question is really taken as a compliment, even as a honor!!! :-)
Last edited by Etigo on November 10th, 2018, 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Etigo
BustinScottie1977 wrote:Id be interested in a shell if you do decide to make them.
Ok, I'll keep it in mind!!! :-D
By Etigo
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Great job on your first molding and casting (and much better than my first shell molding years ago). :)

It looks like some of the warping in the finished casting could be minimized by building keys into your support jacket.
Hello Demon Vice Commander.

Thanks for your compliment!!! :-D
To be honest, when I was about to make my mold, I was about to fail everything my miscalculating the ratio with the resin and the hardener...
And as you can see, my Shell (on the top of this topic) is without any colorant. And there is a lot of air bubbles, than the next Black coloured Shell!!! :-D

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]