Hi!

I've got 2 spirit packs on order and the gbfans light kit in hand. I'm going to build packs for my 2 boys for xmas. However, I figure, 8yr old me would be dissapointed if a pack showed up that didnt throw actual particle streams, but i could live with awesome sounds and fx, like what is capable with the gbfans soundboard. The running lights are a bonus but i may spring for the soundboard.
But before i do, my question is, has anyone successfully mounted the necessary switching in the smaller wand, using the soundboard kit?
I've read pretty much every forum about it and most upgrade to a larger wand or use stock electronics.
It seems that I could wire the accelerate switch with a dpst switch and get away with that to keep the stock wand lights, but also route to the soundboard, then just install 3 more switches directly to the soundboard.
Is there enough room in the wand to do this, and am I overlooking something? I'm not going to buy 2 more soundboards and batteries and whatnot to get dissapointed that the wand cannot properly accomodate, then go nuts trying to build another one, I'd rather stay the course until we save up to do the whole wand properly. Any advice about switching (sizes and mod tips) would be really appreciated!
I haven't done much with the full sounds, etc, but I can speak to adding stuff to the thrower body a bit. I put two toggle switches in my gun body pretty easily. They fit snug together, but there's definitely enough room for two switches in there. The trigger box, on the other hand...I don't know how much luck you're going to have there. That thing is tiny and I don't know if you'll be able to get both the switch and the button in there with enough space to do any wiring.
Thanks for the reply! So worst case scenario going with the soundboard mod, I could mount both the firing button and power up/down toggle into the wand body (top), then I'd have to mount venting and song switches elsewhere on the pack. Hmm decisions, decisions.
Well,
I just got notification that the packs are preparing for shipment today so I will try to keep this updated with my progress. I still need to determine if I can wire it so that the stock gun lights work with the added gbfans soundboard fx. I've seen a few different ways folks have kept the stock electronics, but they don't really integrate well with the soundboard. For this project and with my timeframe, I really am all or nothing about it. If the wand tip won't light and it's clunky and still not really believable, I'd rather just use the spirit stock sounds and let them geek on that awhile until we build the wand and go for the proper sound board. But once they get here, if I think the wand will hold up to some abuse and I can add enough switches to integrate with the soundboard in a meaningful way, I will do that. I do want the vent on the wand though... How crappy is the pushbutton on the wand, would you recommend swapping it out and if so what could I use to integrate with wand tip lights? They are two separate battery circuits that would need switched by one switch. Any thoughts?
Ahh, here we go with the Spirit ordering and CS issues I Read about from last year. Apparently the packs are NOT shipping yet.. First note said they got a shipment to their warehouse and were ready to ship, second note said they are not ready to ship. I wonder what the issue was? Anyhow, I did find this particular forum that I dug through a found a few photos of the inside of the spirit wand: http://m.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=270

The more I think about it, I really do want to go with the soundboard and speaker config and make these things really sing. I would feel slighted without the power up sounds and integrated power pack lights etc. However, I was watching the original movie with the boys last night and I think since in one of the first proton pack scenes, where they are in the elevator, Egon switches Ray's pack on from the back. I might just mount the switch on/off and the song switches on the pack, then mount a push button for the firing sounds right next to the included switch so you can either have sounds wand tip lights, or both by pushing both switches and I can fit the vent button on there too by the looks of the photos. Still curious if anyone has figured out a workaround to switch both stock electronics and gbfans soundboard on one switch. More to come.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]