By lannyjack
Hello! After a very lengthy break, I am ready to start finishing my pack. I am looking for ideas on how to fix the top left part of my shell where the ion arm attaches. It has shrunk/warped so that is now smaller than the motherboard. I could just file down the motherboard, but I'd actually like to fix the shell, as the top has an indentation so the warning label won't sit flat.

Has anyone had to repair their shell like this? I would need something more substantial than the bondo filler - I am not sure if building it up with those fiberglass strips would work, or using layers of milliput? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By jreverhart
I dont think you can expand it out without it looking off, best bet would be your 1st option, and thats filing down the mobo to match up. I'm running into a similar problem with my fiberglass shell where there's about a 1/4 in gap around that same corner between the mobo and the shell, its really not a big deal except you can see the lights from the light bar through it. so I gotta figure something out there too.

Good Luck!
By jreverhart
Update! I seen your MOBO foam protector in the picture, it looks to be about the perfect height to fill the gap, so I ordered one from the shop and will attempt to cut it so it sits just inside the shell.

I know it was on accident, but thanks for the idea!
    Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]