By AmazonChitlin
Hey all!

So I can't seem to get my GBFans electronics to work. I'm definitely a complete moron when it comes to electronics, with about...50% of anything I install electronics in working the first time. Sadly, I'm at my wits end working on this myself, and I'm hoping that ya'll might be able to help me sort this out. Here are some photos of what I've done to install it, with descriptions underneath each photo.

Ok, so this is the battery pack. I didn't modify it.

This is the connection from the battery, to a switch. Rather than modifying the battery, I bought a pigtail connector so that I could split it to a positive and negative wire to go to a switch.

This is from the pigtail to a on/off switch. The wiring is temporary. Once I get everything working, I'll replace the electrical tape with butt connectors.

Here's the connections to the pack blaster. The unit will power up when I turn the switch on between the battery and the blaster, but the switches on the wand, sounds, and lights don't work. Nor do the pack lights. In fact, when the pack blaster powers up, it just plays the audio of the test sequence over and over again. You can see the switch settings I put in on the board. I think that they're correct...I'm going for the full spectrum of sound effects.

The pack lights board. I haven't really messed with any settings on this.

The wand board.

My wand switch settings.

If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'd love to get this thing up and working!

EDIT: I think I finally got the images working!
Last edited by AmazonChitlin on June 26th, 2018, 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Same issue, cant see the photos. However few things to check, 1st ensure your +/- are connected properly and not switched. next ensure your battery actually works some times the blue box batteries don't work straight out of the box. another thing to check is to ensure you have enough power in general, if you are running light board, sound board, speaker and wand kit you'll need a hefty 12 volt to power it. because I cant see what your set up is since the pictures aren't loading you may have already covered all these bases. OH! and something that a buddy of mine was ran into with the blue box battery on a different project. he rushes and has his power plugged into the charging cord instead of the power cord. simple mistake but easily overlooked. Hope this helps and good luck!!!
oh 1 last thing, use a fresh new 9v batter to test each of the boards to ensure they work properly if you haven't already, all of them should work independent of each other if I'm not mistaken.
Hi Kingpin, thanks for checking up on'em! They should be working now.

UPDATE: I tested the pack blaster and the pack lights with a 9v battery. The packblaster powered up, but the pack light board, from what I can tell, did not. I'm having trouble getting the wand light board out of the wand, so I'm still trying for that
Nastynoah, not yet. I haven't really messed with it since I tried. I'll make that my mission today!
feevrt wrote:Did you test the pack lights board separately from the sound card or did you test both at the same time with the 9V attached to the sound card?
I tested it separately. Is there a light that should come in on the top of the board, like the pack blaster?
One thing you should try before writing the pack lights off as "defective" is adjusting the potentiometer.

IIRC, all the way one way is a test mode, so depending on where it is, certain lights might not light up for you even if it's powered correctly.
Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lack of update. I did what was asked as far as testing the boards individually, and none of them worked, so I must have fried the boards somehow. Anyway, I purchased all new boards, and testing together or individually the new pack blaster and new pack lights work flawlessly! I'm still waiting for the new wand light kit to come in so that I can replace the board.

Thank you again for all of your help!!

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]