hutto wrote:Did we ever figure out a better alternative to the wand tip besides hose or, glitter tube?

What size is needed? I was so burnt out from modding that, I never changed the tip.

I was always afraid the hose would warp, and the glitter tube would shatter.
I went with a vinyl hose myself. It's pretty damn durable and I've never had a warping problem. I inserted a dowel into 5/8 OD hose and boiled it for a minute to make sure it was completely straight and I think it looks great.

I never was a fan of the glitter tube though.
By hutto
NoLarryOnlyZuul wrote: August 13th, 2018, 9:32 pm
hutto wrote:Did we ever figure out a better alternative to the wand tip besides hose or, glitter tube?

What size is needed? I was so burnt out from modding that, I never changed the tip.

I was always afraid the hose would warp, and the glitter tube would shatter.
I went with a vinyl hose myself. It's pretty damn durable and I've never had a warping problem. I inserted a dowel into 5/8 OD hose and boiled it for a minute to make sure it was completely straight and I think it looks great.

I never was a fan of the glitter tube though.
Did the trigger tip fit over it well?
By hutto
Did it. It was also the worst thing I have done in a while. So worth it.

On a side note, I bought a 3D gun track and mount on Ebay. I had a 15% off coupon. The pictures showed head cap screws holding the track on. I got it yesterday and, the holes are the size of a pin.

The guy in the pic might have just glued caps on. He absolutely will not reply to me. I dont want to glue it on because, Spongeface has that wand kit coming. I guess I will drill some Holes on each side of the clip and add the fob hanger. Maybe it will stay on.

Seller pic:

Actual:

Seems like it would shatter drilling that close to the edge.
I actually cut the edge "fins" off so that I could still utilize the factory screws holding it together on the bottom. I wanted to be able to get into the gun box if I needed. The screws holding the vhook and the s hook are more than enough to keep it all in place.
By hutto
NoLarryOnlyZuul wrote: August 18th, 2018, 10:40 pm I actually cut the edge "fins" off so that I could still utilize the factory screws holding it together on the bottom. I wanted to be able to get into the gun box if I needed. The screws holding the vhook and the s hook are more than enough to keep it all in place.
That's a perfect solution. I currently have a metal V-Hook on my wand. I hope the holes I already have, dont interfere with stability.
orion wrote:How did you make the motherboard? This has been the sole blocker in me ripping my spirit pack apart.
Plexiglass! It seems odd but it's actually pretty easy to use and lightweight. You can lay the pack down on it and trace around. Afterwards, just doctor the trace a bit by "flattening" some lines and rounding the corner behind the HGA. Cut it with a rotary tool (slowly) or drill holes along the edge and score n' snap. The edge of plexiglass is sandable and after a paintjob you'll never know that it isn't aluminum.

On a side note, it's quite possible to use just slightly longer screws and take advantage of the stock screw posts keeping the cardboard mobo on. That way you can mount it conventionally rather than using zipties. It's a much better look in my opinion.ImageImage
By Donald Lacey
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I just finished modifying two Spirit Proton Packs. I used the GitHub source code from Countdemonet for the lights and a Sparkfun FX board (with amplifier) for the sound. I kept the native electronics and built around them. For the thrower tip, I used a 3" polycarbonate tube (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1). I cut the end off of the native white tube and replaced the native LED with a 10MM UV LED. I painted the inside of the tube with UV sensitive paint (from Wildfire Lighting and Visual Effects). I painted a pair of curvy lines in the inside of the tube. Three suitably sized O-rings fit the outside of the remaining white tube and the inside of the Polycarbonate tube for a snug friction fit...
tobycj liked this
By greg883
hutto wrote: August 18th, 2018, 10:28 pm
Actual:

Seems like it would shatter drilling that close to the edge.
I just finished printing out the complete set of Count deMonet 80% wand parts and that looks exactly like it!

You can easily enlarge the holes to use 3mm bolts. I've got the correct size drill bit on order so I can drill and tap the thrower box with out cracking it. Should be delivered today, I'll post some picts when finished.
By greg883
Here's my CDM plate:

My 3mm tap said to use #36 drill bit. I was worried about cracking the main body, so I started our about 8 sizes smaller and skipped every other size until I had got to the #36. Did the same on the base plate, but continued up to a #32 to allow the 3mm X 12mm screws to slide through.
Give both parts a light sanding where they will meet so the stress is applied over the whole mating surface, not just where the screws are.
When all six screws are in and snug, it actually feels pretty rugged.
By J-place
I used this "CLEAR ACRYLIC PLEXIGLASS LUCITE TUBE 3/4" OD x 1/2" ID DIAMETER 12” LONG" I purchased off ebay to replace the wand tip (cut shorter of course). I replaced the entire white tip all together and had a small piece of aluminum tubing for the end of the wand barrel. These were left over parts from my sons 80% pack I built him two years ago.
I had a small revelation while toying around with the spirit pack.

One of the least obvious (at least in my opinion) inaccuracies of the pack was one that I'd always wished was represented a little better was the "intake" for the loom that leads out of the gearbox and back into the pack. On the Spirit packs its fed onto and over a Male "post", for lack of a better description. A 3/4" PVC conduit slip coupler painted black solves this perfectly. Pull off the loom and glue or putty the coupler down, feed the hose back in and bam!

Looks much better in my opinion ;)ImageImageImageImage
KevinDemerj liked this
By KevinDemerj
Just about finished my SPIRIT pack for Halloween. Would love to hear any feedback. Worked long and hard on it. My first build. I think you got to check out my profile pic to see it. Does anyone know how I post a pic ???????
By tobycj
KevinDemerj wrote: October 18th, 2018, 4:51 pm Just about finished my SPIRIT pack for Halloween. Would love to hear any feedback. Worked long and hard on it. My first build. I think you got to check out my profile pic to see it. Does anyone know how I post a pic ???????

Set up an imgur account and host them on there, then use the insert image code to post it up here :)
By KevinDemerj
I but the gbfans wand light kit. But I used the arcoelectic lights for the clear neon and the slowblo. I bought them and took out the bulb and just used the lens and put the leds from the gbfans wand light kit. I also got a linrose light and did the same with that. Also used both the hat lenses from gbfans, white and orange.
By KevinDemerj
I bought them on eBay. They were listed as deluxe replica upgrade for Spirit Halloween proton pack. The seller I got them from looks sold out. But I’m sure you could find someone else. All it is is a template, a good printer md sizing the image just right. They are bigger than the ones spirit had. You will need a metal ruler and an exacto knife
By KevinDemerj
Mine were standard, which was all that I saw available last June. I may have opted for the metallic. But would of course done an intensely research of which would be more movie accurate first. I am happy with what I have. Today I took a dremel to my n-filter. Made the accurate holes, placed an aluminum screen under the holes, and shoved a roll of rolled white gauze to hold it all in. Looks good. 👍. Although the dremel work was harder than I expected.
By KevinDemerj
***Update*** not only did I make the N-filter movie accurate by drilling holes with a dremel and filled it with aluminum screen and white gauze but I also filled in the tiny speaker holes in the front. I used an epoxy putty as a spackel. And just painted it now. Also added an S-hook on the wand. So now it’s very hard to tell it was ever once a Spirit Halloween pack, even to the expert eye. Would love to hear any feedback

More pics to follow of the updates.
By KevinDemerj
NoLarryOnlyZuul wrote: October 17th, 2018, 6:15 pm I had a small revelation while toying around with the spirit pack.

One of the least obvious (at least in my opinion) inaccuracies of the pack was one that I'd always wished was represented a little better was the "intake" for the loom that leads out of the gearbox and back into the pack. On the Spirit packs its fed onto and over a Male "post", for lack of a better description. A 3/4" PVC conduit slip coupler painted black solves this perfectly. Pull off the loom and glue or putty the coupler down, feed the hose back in and bam!

Looks much better in my opinion ;)ImageImageImageImage
Oh WOW! I can’t believe I didn’t see this. LOVE the details. I gotta add this to mine tomorrow! It does look much better
By B-Rad
Spongeface wrote: July 25th, 2018, 12:14 am
NoLarryOnlyZuul wrote: July 24th, 2018, 10:51 am
That's exactly what I'm looking for! Are you adding any additional sounds from a board or are you keeping the "stock" spirit sound?

For gods sake, if you ever offer this, take my money!!!

I am also working on a wand light kit (bar graph, switches and additional wand lights) that will control this board and can coordinate with the powercell/cyclotron lights.
No spirit specific sounds, just leverage existing pack sounds: Pack power up/down, Proton Wand firing, overheat beeps, venting sound, Slime thrower select (from TVG) and Slime thrower firing.
Slime thrower operation can be disabled for proton pack only lights and sounds.
Your the Man!

I was actually just on the verge of buying the sound board and blue brick from the shop. Was going to ask about a speaker since I was told the one in the shop won't fit inside. So I guess I'll play the waiting game for the wand kit, soundboard, speaker, and battery solution from you.
By KevinDemerj
Those will all fit inside the spirit pack. They did for me. I even added nylon spacers to the speaker and screwed in some flat wooden boards to it (wooden paint stirrers actually) then attached it to the motherboard. It just fit as above the cyclotron lights. I have the spirit pack lights installed. The sound board I secured down in the deep cavity next to the ion arm next to the blue lights. And the blue battery fit perfectly above that to further hold the board in.
By JulesHiggs
Easy solution I found for the speaker holes while modding my pack. I used a piece of white, full sheet decal paper (same paper I used for my replacement decals) and spray painted it with the same flat black paint I used on my proton pack repaint. I then simply used a pair of scissor and some simple eye/ruler measurements to cut out a shape similar to the "V" space in the top of the cyclotron where the speaker holes are, and put the sticker right over top. Added a little aging over the sticker to blend it into the paint job and VOILA! Easy (and reversible, if you want) speaker hole cover option!

Likewise, for I added a few "drips" of green ectoplasm to my pack - as if it wasn't cleaned properly after use. Easily made with some white school glue and a couple drops of green and yellow food coloring. Washable and removable with water.

(Note, I aged/slimed/dirtied my pack significantly as per my personal preference :love: )

By vipertv
Some great tips and tricks in this thread. I'm going to mod my Spirit pack that I picked up last year for the wife. I've secured Spongeface's ALICE mount kit and his cosmetic dress up kit, plus Fincher's GB1 ribbon cable, an ALICE frame, metallic stickers from ebay and just ordered the 80% dale resistor kit and 3d printed gun hook kit from etsy. Will be tackling this soon.

One question, what are ya'll doing for the second wire that comes off the booster tube? also to where it attaches to the lower end? TIA
By joezlo
I'm currently working on that aspect - Split loom, blue wire, and repainted wooden dowel to make it uniform; some people have opted to add the bottom piece the actual pack has, but I've come to think of a spirit pack as like the college loner for parapsychology students, so it should be slightly different.
By vipertv
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I actually found one on eBay (and his posts on GB Franchises Worldwide earlier this year) that actually looks pretty damn good once it's painted and assembled.

I may go this route: https://ebay.us/bEHskN

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]